Author Topic: Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!  (Read 113206 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2016, 02:01:01 am »
You're reading the convoluted logic of a committed Neo-Nazi trying to convince the world that he is being oppressed.  Of course it's not going to make sense.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2016, 02:02:28 am »
Incidentally, I have a paper which at least in part deals with the role of the Turner Diaries in lone wolf terrorism.  I can PM you it, if you want

I literally just opened it to reference what I had previously written on the topic for my dissertation, so it's no problem.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 29, 2016, 02:16:06 am »
Incidentally, I have a paper which at least in part deals with the role of the Turner Diaries in lone wolf terrorism.  I can PM you it, if you want

I literally just opened it to reference what I had previously written on the topic for my dissertation, so it's no problem.

Sure.  I was getting interested in it from your posts on fb, actually.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 29, 2016, 02:20:46 am »

Sure.  I was getting interested in it from your posts on fb, actually.

Ah, OK!  Long story short: The Turner Diaries is shitty Nazi fiction about how brave Aryan freedom fighters will eliminate the non-whites and Jews who secretly rule the world, in glorious cleansing nuclear fire but not before a whole bunch of terrorist attacks to frighten them into submission.  It's inspired a bunch of terrorists, including The Order (1980s Odinist terrorist group), Timothy McVeigh (found with the book, the FBI building bombing closely resembles his attack) and David Copeland (British nailbomber, attacked notable gay, black and Bengali areas of London).

PM on its way.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 29, 2016, 02:27:17 am »
Sweet, thanks! 

This book sounds awful.  I mean, duh, but still.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 29, 2016, 02:30:21 am »
It has no artistic merit whatsoever, which is probably unsurprising given its content. Amusingly though, the publisher who owns it is Jewish.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 29, 2016, 02:52:09 am »
Are you for real?  Oh man.   :lulz:

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 29, 2016, 03:05:17 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Luther_Pierce#The_Turner_Diaries

In 1996 Pierce sold the rights to The Turner Diaries to the Jewish publisher Lyle Stuart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Stuart

Lyle Stuart (August 11, 1922 Ė June 24, 2006) was an American author and independent publisher of controversial books. Born Lionel Simon, Stuart worked as a newsman for years before launching his publishing firm, Lyle Stuart, Inc.

He made headlines in 1997 with his then-current Barricade Books, by reissuing The Turner Diaries, a novel thought to have been the inspiration behind Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the Murrah building. He was a strong advocate of freedom of the press, and believed it was important for people to be able to read and make up their own minds (in the introduction he wrote to his reissue of The Turner Diaries, he made clear how strongly he opposed the viewpoint expressed in the book).

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:09 am »
Hm.  Well, at least he knew what it was.  Also, his view on freedom of speech is legit.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:14 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Luther_Pierce#The_Turner_Diaries

In 1996 Pierce sold the rights to The Turner Diaries to the Jewish publisher Lyle Stuart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Stuart

Lyle Stuart (August 11, 1922 Ė June 24, 2006) was an American author and independent publisher of controversial books. Born Lionel Simon, Stuart worked as a newsman for years before launching his publishing firm, Lyle Stuart, Inc.

He made headlines in 1997 with his then-current Barricade Books, by reissuing The Turner Diaries, a novel thought to have been the inspiration behind Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the Murrah building. He was a strong advocate of freedom of the press, and believed it was important for people to be able to read and make up their own minds (in the introduction he wrote to his reissue of The Turner Diaries, he made clear how strongly he opposed the viewpoint expressed in the book).

Does your version have that intro? That actually sounds worth reading. The book, not so much but it could at least be turned into a contest of "Who can read this shit aloud for the longest with a straight face".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 29, 2016, 01:04:59 pm »
Nope, I have a pdf which has apparently been scrubbed of Jewish influence.

Junkenstein

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 29, 2016, 01:14:29 pm »
I think the term is actually "Cleansed".

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoomô
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #477 on: April 29, 2016, 01:17:47 pm »
In a solution?

Junkenstein

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 29, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »
"The last solution you'll ever need"

I'll be under the pier all week.

Sung Low

• Inexplicable Bedsore of Last Night's Drunken Fling.
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:58 pm »
I done took some limbs  :argh!: :lulz:
The d key has chosen to absent itself