News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 08, 2016, 11:14:22 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 08, 2016, 04:24:35 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 08, 2016, 12:55:55 AM
I also will be making my case for the family to abstain on grounds of Nazi bullshit dishonor to the memory of Grandpa and also given that nobody will be voting Clinton due to things older than mere email shenanigans.

Mere email shenanigans like aiding human trafficking?

:lol: You're definitely not my family so fuck off.

So like, have you been going out of your way to be ignorant of the email revelations?

https://auticulture.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/here-come-the-designer-fascists-the-perception-managers-last-hurrah/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

RP, are you at all aware that this is Open Bar, not the politics thread?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 08, 2016, 03:45:38 PM

People are talking about politics, Im talking back. THIS IS A DISCUSSION THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

LMNO

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 08, 2016, 04:10:23 PM

People are talking about politics, Im talking back. THIS IS A DISCUSSION THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Cool meme, bro.

Quote from: LMNO on November 08, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 08, 2016, 04:10:23 PM

Cool meme, bro.

Thank you.

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, I'm looking for reference photos for some of my characters, because I can't visualize faces really well and broad strokes are fine for minor characters but I do not want to fuck up my main characters. One of the guys must have a hawk nose (kinda like a roman or hook nose) so I ask google for that. "HEY YOU WANT RYAN GOSSLING? HE USED TO HAVE THAT!"  No, google, I need someone a little less attractive. "OH OKAY ADRIAN BRODY THEN!" No, google can you give me something a little less extreme? "RYAN GOSSLING IT IS!"

I hate google.

Also I will stab the next motherfucker who says anything about this election that isn't "I voted" or "I am going to vote." I do not want to hear results, I don't want to know how you voted, I will deal with that shit in the morning.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 08, 2016, 05:23:44 PM
What medium?

I'm writing, looking for photographs that are close enough I can shoop the minor details. Nose shape is not minor to me.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 08, 2016, 06:14:06 PM
What medium?

I'm writing, looking for photographs that are close enough I can shoop the minor details. Nose shape is not minor to me.

Do you post them in front of you while writing? Do you definitively describe the features to the reader or leave it a bit vague? I imagine it makes it easier to keep the character's personality consistent.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 08, 2016, 06:27:35 PM
What medium?

Do you post them in front of you while writing? Do you definitively describe the features to the reader or leave it a bit vague? I imagine it makes it easier to keep the character's personality consistent.

There are a couple characters who look similar in ways I need to drag the reader along into figuring out, and the narrator is a shapeshifter who is always concerned about how realistic his own faces look, so he's very observant of minor details. Otherwise I would be broadstrokes-ing everything.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 08, 2016, 07:20:04 PM
There are a couple characters who look similar in ways I need to drag the reader along into figuring out, and the narrator is a shapeshifter who is always concerned about how realistic his own faces look, so he's very observant of minor details. Otherwise I would be broadstrokes-ing everything.

Awesome. Shapeshifters always bring my mind to intrigue and the tleilaxu facedancers from Dune. I could see a character who knows the scientific name for every facial structure and muscle, has a strange fondness for some obscure facial quality, or perhaps someone who indulges in Physiognomy to varying degrees of seriousness.

Trivial

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 08, 2016, 07:20:04 PM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 08, 2016, 06:27:35 PM
What medium?

There's this thing:

http://www.morphases.com/editor/
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Don Coyote

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

POFP

I feel like a Trump Presidency, in and of itself, could be dealt with for the next 4 years. However, even as a conservative, I feel like a Republican owned Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives is a bit one-sided for a comfortable, fair Republic.

(at this point in time, it appears that they will win both the House and Senate)
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.