News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2016, 02:46:35 AM
Welcome back old spags!

It does mildly amuse me that while most religions have fair weather believers, we have foul weather ones.  :lulz:

This place never did well when things were okay.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Welcome back old spags!

It does mildly amuse me that while most religions have fair weather believers, we have foul weather ones.  :lulz:

:lulz:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2016, 04:17:14 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on November 06, 2016, 04:08:48 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2016, 03:28:09 AM
Sondra London has gone full potato, from Berner to avid, gushing Trump voter.  Talking about how sophisticated his hair looks.  WITH A TOTALLY STRAIGHT FACE.

Ah the flip my friend made.  And now he's posting Alex Jones links.  Said friend is also fucking history teacher, he's got a masters and used to be the source of such even handed criticism,and not the both sides are bad bullshit, just the this is what is good about x, this is what is good about y.

I read the comments on the damn Alex JOnes link, wtf is it with people and blessings and holy junk about their candidate?   just  :horrormirth:

Poor Sondra London. Some people are so married to the idea of being counterculture that they HAVE to go counterculture, even when it's counter to every value they claim to hold.

I could just be naive, but I think she's genuinely off her rocker.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on November 10, 2016, 03:23:55 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2016, 04:17:14 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on November 06, 2016, 04:08:48 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2016, 03:28:09 AM
Sondra London has gone full potato, from Berner to avid, gushing Trump voter.  Talking about how sophisticated his hair looks.  WITH A TOTALLY STRAIGHT FACE.

Ah the flip my friend made.  And now he's posting Alex Jones links.  Said friend is also fucking history teacher, he's got a masters and used to be the source of such even handed criticism,and not the both sides are bad bullshit, just the this is what is good about x, this is what is good about y.

I read the comments on the damn Alex JOnes link, wtf is it with people and blessings and holy junk about their candidate?   just  :horrormirth:

Poor Sondra London. Some people are so married to the idea of being counterculture that they HAVE to go counterculture, even when it's counter to every value they claim to hold.

I could just be naive, but I think she's genuinely off her rocker.

Oh, that as well. She seems to go through cycles.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 09, 2016, 04:43:20 AM
I feel like a Trump Presidency, in and of itself, could be dealt with for the next 4 years. However, even as a conservative, I feel like a Republican owned Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives is a bit one-sided for a comfortable, fair Republic.

(at this point in time, it appears that they will win both the House and Senate)

Yep, that freaks me out more than the Trump presidency. I mean, it's one thing that America voted in a circus peanut for President without everybody also losing access to birth control.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on November 09, 2016, 07:34:43 AM
You guys think President Trump is bad, just wait for Kanye West 2020.

I'd def vote Kanye just for the bizarre existential quotes out of the White House.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on November 09, 2016, 09:06:47 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2016, 05:51:22 AM
Well, on the plus side, PD has a reason to exist again.   :lulz:

Trump: Making PD great again.

The next four years are at least guaranteed to be full of horrormirth, heavy on the horror.  :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Welcome back old spags!

Well, this is probably a marginally more secure location for making fun of His Magnificent Orange Presidency.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I totally just realized that the reason I have good color distinction is because each of my eyes has a different cone distribution! THANKS PD!

Bruno

Guy in my Industrial Maintenance class last night was arguing that abortion should still be illegal even in the case of saving the life of the woman, because "The mother should be willing to give her life for the life of that baby." Then he said "You know a sure fire way to keep from getting pregnant?" And one of the younger guys piped up "SHOOT IT IN HER MOUTH!"

Everybody laughed.

I laughed.

Maybe I can pull this off after all.

Should I buy a hat?
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 10, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
This youtube channel has been the best thing.  Watching him cook is like watching Bob Ross paint

Thank you so much for that.  Honestly.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 10, 2016, 06:56:46 AM
I feel like a Trump Presidency, in and of itself, could be dealt with for the next 4 years. However, even as a conservative, I feel like a Republican owned Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives is a bit one-sided for a comfortable, fair Republic.

(at this point in time, it appears that they will win both the House and Senate)

Yep, that freaks me out more than the Trump presidency. I mean, it's one thing that America voted in a circus peanut for President without everybody also losing access to birth control.

The Supreme Court thing is really the most saddening to me.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on November 10, 2016, 12:21:36 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 10, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
This youtube channel has been the best thing.  Watching him cook is like watching Bob Ross paint

Thank you so much for that.  Honestly.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 10, 2016, 06:56:46 AM

The Supreme Court thing is really the most saddening to me.

Same here. That's the thing that turns this from a 4 year fuckup to something that could take 20 years or so to get back to the current standard.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 10, 2016, 10:56:22 AM
Guy in my Industrial Maintenance class last night was arguing that abortion should still be illegal even in the case of saving the life of the woman, because "The mother should be willing to give her life for the life of that baby." Then he said "You know a sure fire way to keep from getting pregnant?" And one of the younger guys piped up "SHOOT IT IN HER MOUTH!"

Everybody laughed.

I laughed.

Maybe I can pull this off after all.

Should I buy a hat?

Thanks for doing your part to help ensure that this is a less safe country for women.