News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Right now my amazing opportunity is that my partner is super amazing and is supporting me while I pursue a wholly different career than the one I have spend 1/3 of my life perfecting and practically bleeding for. I mean, I still cover rent and food, but without her I could not do this thing.

Basically any other regular job I could get will pay more annually that I have ever earned, so, mostly it's just a matter of giving up on a passion because I am no longer passionate. You have to be willing to suffer for a field that is so emotionally and physically draining and doesn't pay you enough to pay your bills on time. If it wasn't for financial aid I would have had to quite 6 years ago.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

MithridatesXXIII

Permission haha. Permission granted!

It's pretty good you have someone you can lean on. What kind of career would you like in chemistry? Would you say what you like about it is the art or the science?

Salty

I think it is the precision. I have strong OCD tendencies and patterns, and it helps to have things be exactly what they are supposed to be. The correct quantities and the correct temperatures (and other conditions) yield the same correct result every time. So, the science, I suppose.

I would be happy doing grunt work in a lab, far away from customers or clients, where I can be as cranky as I please. Working with drugs or (legal) bombs or anything medical would all be super rad.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You are great and I am grateful for the opportunity to mutually support each other as we do all the things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 13, 2016, 08:17:04 PM
I think it is the precision. I have strong OCD tendencies and patterns, and it helps to have things be exactly what they are supposed to be. The correct quantities and the correct temperatures (and other conditions) yield the same correct result every time. So, the science, I suppose.
That's quite commendable. A trait I wish I had. I'm only meticulous in quite narrow ranges.

I would be happy doing grunt work in a lab, far away from customers or clients, where I can be as cranky as I please. Working with drugs or (legal) bombs or anything medical would all be super rad.
These are benefits. I am attracted to the artistic prospects of creating drugs or some elegant or simple refinement to existing processes. I would be disheartened if I couldn't accomplish something like that in chemistry.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 13, 2016, 08:18:58 PM
You are great and I am grateful for the opportunity to mutually support each other as we do all the things.

You know, I really wish more people had this attitude. I saw the thread about how people would come together or respond to the threat of the foreseeable future. It really is a question to think about. Hunkering down or What? is the question

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 08:40:31 PM

You know, I really wish more people had this attitude. I saw the thread about how people would come together or respond to the threat of the foreseeable future. It really is a question to think about. Hunkering down or What? is the question

For me, that choice isn't an either-or... I'll hunker down, AND WHAT. As much WHAT as I can  throw at them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 13, 2016, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 08:40:31 PM

For me, that choice isn't an either-or... I'll hunker down, AND WHAT. As much WHAT as I can  throw at them.

Best to get them throwing their whats at each other. Teh kek fing isn't exactly something that the religious fanatics are going to be cool with once exposed to the righ7parts of the middle-American church. This kind of smokescreen has it's disadvantages to exploit and keeping your own whats as much as possible while denying whats to others or causing squander and infighting is the game until you have THE MOST whats or they've run out.

It's time to gather resources and as much accurate intel as possible over a long winter and plan for spring. By then the ground may be more favorable, but remember these assholes WANT a straight fight "race war" to break out to justify populace suppression. This can't happen on their terms, that is to say publicly and en masse for the cameras, it must be "downlow action, upfront message" and emphasize rightful RESISTENCE over aggressive violence for political gain. Fail to do this and everyone is fucked for no gain as the Fucktrain gains momentum.

There will be ample political justification for quelling "complainers" left behind and any folks perceived as getting in the way. Just more bodies to fill hungry private prisons and a few graves probably barely noted by the new media will be the only product. Not that straight fights won't happen, but they have to be on your terms if they do.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 13, 2016, 08:17:04 PM

Consider mining or demolition. You'd be horrified if you found out how little qualifications or training is required before you can get access to some interesting gear.

Generally, hope shit improves man.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 12, 2016, 02:43:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 01:46:28 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 12, 2016, 01:42:35 AM

LOL you think we didnt?

What's this "we" shit, junior?  Are you the CEO of KB&R?   :lulz:

Seriously, you're like the kind of clod who couldn't get into the Gestapo, so you joined the Einsatzgruppen.
I couldnt join the secret police so I joined the special forces? What.

Also, repeat the following:

"You are a racist/misogynist/islamaphobe/fascist"
"Trump winning is a victory for racism misogyny islamaphobia and fascism"
"You didnt win shit."

Also I am completely ready for Trump to be a shit president. The streets overflowing with liberal tears has made it more than worth it. Hell he could be the worst president in HISTORY and it would be worth it. Stay mad, and losing.

:lulz: Yeah, but RP has fucked up. Watch him catch an early retirement after the heavy digging is done, maybe sooner. I

Is this some kind of veiled threat?

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 12, 2016, 04:26:19 PM
For what it's worth, Faust, Cain, or ECH, the ignore list won't let me add Fernando Poo. Just him though.

Keep buildin that wall.

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 14, 2016, 06:00:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 01:48:18 AM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 12, 2016, 01:47:32 AM
What have you done besides repost alt-right content?

He was WINNING!

:mullet:

Yeah and its not like the Alt-Right acted as the unofficial press wing of one of the biggest underdog candidates in the election and pushed them to both the nomination and the presidency while also summoning an Egyptian Frog Demon. Even if Trump is awful, proof of concept baby. Were already revving up for 2018.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 14, 2016, 05:51:36 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 12, 2016, 02:43:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 01:46:28 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 12, 2016, 01:42:35 AM

LOL you think we didnt?

What's this "we" shit, junior?  Are you the CEO of KB&R?   :lulz:

Seriously, you're like the kind of clod who couldn't get into the Gestapo, so you joined the Einsatzgruppen.
I couldnt join the secret police so I joined the special forces? What.

Also, repeat the following:

"You are a racist/misogynist/islamaphobe/fascist"
"Trump winning is a victory for racism misogyny islamaphobia and fascism"
"You didnt win shit."

Also I am completely ready for Trump to be a shit president. The streets overflowing with liberal tears has made it more than worth it. Hell he could be the worst president in HISTORY and it would be worth it. Stay mad, and losing.

:lulz: Yeah, but RP has fucked up. Watch him catch an early retirement after the heavy digging is done, maybe sooner. I

Is this some kind of veiled threat?

No. Not any kind of threat. More a observation of your self induced and farcical circumstances. You got nothing to fear from me, but I'm also no longer going to try convincing you of your folly because it's by your own words what you WANT.

So...  this is where I'm at on the subject of you and your choices.
:pope:
:drama1:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Youve been making vague prophecies of doom since I showed back up. It would be interesting if you could go into detail a bit. Note the word "could."