News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 23, 2016, 12:36:43 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2016, 12:18:09 AM
Do it to me again, and I'll take a personal interest.

I don't rule anyone.  I am establishing a boundary.  You can choose to accept that boundary or not, and things will proceed from there.

And changing my text isn't "criticizing."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2016, 12:57:56 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Unless the rest of us are able to "establish boundaries" and have those boundaries enforced, then this is false.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Pergamos

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 23, 2016, 04:11:59 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Unless the rest of us are able to "establish boundaries" and have those boundaries enforced, then this is false.

He's going to enforce his own boundary.  You are responsible for enforcing yours.  He has more powers than you do, certainly, but those don't make him a ruler.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

I don't rule anyone.

Cool time to point out that I have no right have my threads split even against derailments.

Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 04:19:22 AM
He's going to enforce his own boundary.  You are responsible for enforcing yours.  He has more powers than you do, certainly, but those don't make him a ruler.

There's another guy I know who thinks his own personal boundaries are something he's justified to enforce by invoking his executive powers...

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

I don't rule anyone.

Why do you guys play these stupid word games about whos in charge. "Ruler" is a pretty pretentious label for a forum moderator but its safe to say that hes in charge.

Pergamos

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 23, 2016, 04:49:06 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Why do you guys play these stupid word games about whos in charge. "Ruler" is a pretty pretentious label for a forum moderator but its safe to say that hes in charge.

Because he's not the only mod.

Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 04:54:34 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Relatively though. Just because a cop isnt the only cop you wouldnt deny that, from the standpoint of a civilian, he is in charge.

I don't rule anyone.

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Pergamos

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 23, 2016, 05:01:36 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Relatively though. Just because a cop isnt the only cop you wouldnt deny that, from the standpoint of a civilian, he is in charge.

If the mods were anything like as monolithic as a police department I might concede the point but they are not.

So its only power/authority when you are the sole owner of it or all other owners are part of some hierarchy? This is word games.

Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 05:09:25 AM
If the mods were anything like as monolithic as a police department I might concede the point but they are not.

Semantic debates hardly change the meaning of the quote. If he's willing to use his administrative powers to draw an arbitrary line - all the while fostering an environment of intolerable shits - then he's no better than a Nazi. How's that for Godwin's Law?

I think it's obvious by now that all the trash that gets talked in this forum, all the name-calling, the accusations of "butthurt", the little gifs of crying politicians, the constant personal insults and criticisms, the intellectual dishonesty, it's all a big show of overcompensation by very small and sensitive people who need a little corner of the Internet carved out for themselves as a safe space to be complete dicks to anyone who wants to get inside the treehouse.

That isn't to say that everyone here is a tiny, insecure troll, but certainly many of the frequently active members are.

Kind of makes you wonder why I'm even still posting, doesn't it? It's been pretty disappointing so far; no wonder the place is mostly dead. I'll probably get bored and move on, satisfied that this place is doing exactly what a good Discordian board would do by giving itself a bad name.

Or who knows? Maybe I'll stick around and watch this place eat itself alive. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Pergamos

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 23, 2016, 05:34:26 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 05:09:25 AM

Semantic debates hardly change the meaning of the quote. If he's willing to use his administrative powers to draw an arbitrary line - all the while fostering an environment of intolerable shits - then he's no better than a Nazi. How's that for Godwin's Law?

I think it's obvious by now that all the trash that gets talked in this forum, all the name-calling, the accusations of "butthurt", the little gifs of crying politicians, the constant personal insults and criticisms, the intellectual dishonesty, it's all a big show of overcompensation by very small and sensitive people who need a little corner of the Internet carved out for themselves as a safe space to be complete dicks to anyone who wants to get inside the treehouse.

That isn't to say that everyone here is a tiny, insecure troll, but certainly many of the frequently active members are.

Kind of makes you wonder why I'm even still posting, doesn't it? It's been pretty disappointing so far; no wonder the place is mostly dead. I'll probably get bored and move on, satisfied that this place is doing exactly what a good Discordian board would do by giving itself a bad name.

Or who knows? Maybe I'll stick around and watch this place eat itself alive. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Or maybe you are a tiny insecure troll, and this is exactly the sort of place you were hoping to find...

Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 05:36:40 AM
Or maybe you are a tiny insecure troll, and this is exactly the sort of place you were hoping to find...

:ahhh:
~ Abrahaham Lincololn