Author Topic: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread  (Read 111858 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Reply #1710 on: August 08, 2018, 02:40:56 am »
Canada has been taking on something of a leading role in NATO at the governmental level, in the absence of strong leadership from the White House.

I haven't read any official Canadian government responses yet, but the Canadian national-security people I talk with are mostly like "uh...OK, country that literally executes apostates, tell us more aboot how terrible we are".  We all know, more or less, that Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman is a raging asshole of epic proportions and a gigantic man-child, so this reaction isn't entirely surprising.

chaotic neutral observer

• An entirely Normal Person, who is Definitely not
  • Outlandish
  • not a real discordian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 08, 2018, 03:15:45 am »
If I were Canada, I'd be looking at Germany right now.  And Saudis would get zero trade.  Like none at all.

Sounds like a good idea, but I think we still have an ongoing $15 billion dollar contract to sell the Saudis some armoured vehicles.

It was set up by the previous Conservative government in 2014, but the Liberals carried through with it, because "a contract's a contract" or something.  (Way to take a strong stance on human rights, there.)

I'm curious to see how that is going to play into all this.  I'm hoping the contract is cancelled outright, but I'm well past expecting consistent behaviour from my fellow humans.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:18:45 am by chaotic neutral observer »
It took less than a week for this thread to go from “U.S. resistance politics” to “international spray cheese.”  --Brother Mythos

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:38 am »
If I were Canada, I'd be looking at Germany right now.  And Saudis would get zero trade.  Like none at all.

Sounds like a good idea, but I think we still have an ongoing $15 billion dollar contract to sell the Saudis some armoured vehicles.

It was set up by the previous Conservative government in 2014, but the Liberals carried through with it, because "a contract's a contract" or something.  (Way to take a strong stance on human rights, there.)

I'm curious to see how that is going to play into all this.  I'm hoping the contract is cancelled outright, but I'm well past expecting consistent behaviour from my fellow humans.

I am positive that you could unload those on the Balkans.
Well, that's hardly my fault.  I was just doing what I do, doing my little dance, singing my little song, you know?  And then Hirley0 got on the dance floor and said

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

And I did.  I didn't feel like I had any choice.  Between P-Funk and Hirley0, I became the man reptillian menace I am today.

Bootsy Collins did this to me.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
Well, that's hardly my fault.  I was just doing what I do, doing my little dance, singing my little song, you know?  And then Hirley0 got on the dance floor and said

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

And I did.  I didn't feel like I had any choice.  Between P-Funk and Hirley0, I became the man reptillian menace I am today.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 08, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »
Another member of the Trump transition team who is so crooked they need a corkscrew to be able to sit down.  Who could've guessed? This investigation also implicates Tom Price, the Secretary of HHS until last September.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 08, 2018, 07:24:27 pm »
Meanwhile, the EU has said there will be penalties for those companies which abide by the new US sanctions.

It's basically turning into a trade war.  Another trade war.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 08, 2018, 08:34:33 pm »
Meanwhile, the EU has said there will be penalties for those companies which abide by the new US sanctions.

It's basically turning into a trade war.  Another trade war.

I think of it as a bunch of California fires merging to make a bigger, better fire.

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 09, 2018, 05:28:16 pm »
More dispatches from Trump's America™:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-mexico-store-clerk-caught-on-video-calling-911-on-man-for-being-‘arrogant’-and-‘black’/ar-BBLFuob?ocid=spartanntp

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 10, 2018, 06:47:42 pm »
By this time next week, Trumpsters will give up denying being racist, and will be hollering Arthur Jenson quotes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/omarosa-says-trump-is-a-racist-who-uses-n-word-—-and-claims-theres-tape-to-prove-it/ar-BBLK6Jy?ocid=spartanntp

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 12, 2018, 06:24:28 pm »
IMO, Omarosa is a bullshit artist.  Note she doesn't say that she has the tapes, or that she has even seen them.

She's got a book to sell.  She was in this for the money from the start, she did nothing while she was actually at the White House and now she's cashing in.  Book releases on Wednesday, so she's doing whatever she can to stay in the headlines until then.

Not that I don't believe Trump is not, in fact, horrifically racist or at the very least comfortable with horrific racism.  I just don't think Omarosa has any proof of anything she is saying, and her credibility is pretty questionable, to put it mildly.

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 12, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
Proceeds from book will help fund Trump 2020 campaign
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile

SHAKE THAT
First ^  Then V

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 13, 2018, 06:30:55 pm »
IMO, Omarosa is a bullshit artist.  Note she doesn't say that she has the tapes, or that she has even seen them.

She's got a book to sell.  She was in this for the money from the start, she did nothing while she was actually at the White House and now she's cashing in.  Book releases on Wednesday, so she's doing whatever she can to stay in the headlines until then.

Not that I don't believe Trump is not, in fact, horrifically racist or at the very least comfortable with horrific racism.  I just don't think Omarosa has any proof of anything she is saying, and her credibility is pretty questionable, to put it mildly.

Trump's latest Twitter tantrum on this topic is hilarious btw.

He admits that

1) Omarosa was unqualified (supririsng exactly no-one), and once in office she was actually terrible at her job
2) That she only got the job beacause she praised him (again, no surprises)
3) That Trump was not even aware that she was fired.

I mean, it's damning stuff.  You can see why Trump's lawyers don't want him to meet with Mueller.  Trump always looks for the tactical, short-term advantage, and when he does so, it' often at his own expense, because he's a shameless liar and whatever story he spins undermines any larger narratives about him ("the best people", anyone?)