News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Cain on May 09, 2019, 05:54:18 PM
Quote from: Juana on May 08, 2019, 08:34:31 PM
wouldn't matter if they did, i reckon. their ability to punish the DoJ for contempt is super fucking limited and i am reasonably certain that even if they did have an enforcement arm, all the same legalities would apply.

Options become a lot less limited when backed up with enforcement mechanisms.  I'm not necessarily saying all political power grows out of the barrel of a gun, just that it helps.
right but enforcement would still have to follow certain pre-existing rules - which are intended to insulate the DoJ so congress can't manipulate/interfere unduly. i mean, interference is due rn but historically that has not always been regarded as the case.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Yes, but then you just end up with a system whereby the someone who ignores all the rules can continue to get away with it, because there's no enforcement options outside of his own purview.

The system needs looking at, and currently Congress lacks teeth.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Arseface had his best public meltdown yet, when he heard that he's 2 points behind Warren.

Screeching and a torrent of profanity.

Maybe he'll die. 

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-warren-realtors-speech-210238072.html?ncid=facebook_yahoonewsf_akfmevaatca
Molon Lube

Cain

That's what I keep hoping. His heart will have to give out eventually

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 18, 2019, 01:22:27 AM
That's what I keep hoping. His heart will have to give out eventually

You'd think, given his habits.

But he's like the Energizer Bunny had a baby with Ernst Rohm.
Molon Lube

altered

I hope he doesn't die. I hope he gets himself arrested or something, has an extremely public fall from grace as the spotlight shifts and he goes from Wacky Benito to your drunken shitty uncle trying to haymaker a cop who wasn't even there for him.

I like that more, because the bottom won't be kind to him when he lands, and the camera will keep rolling all the way down. I think that would be a bigger blow to the American fascist revival than anything else that could possibly happen. They put all their eggs in one basket, as they always do, and that would smash their junk in the 24hr news cycle and make them all look like the demented inbreds they have been trying so carefully to avoid being associated with.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on May 18, 2019, 03:41:23 AM
I hope he doesn't die. I hope he gets himself arrested or something, has an extremely public fall from grace as the spotlight shifts and he goes from Wacky Benito to your drunken shitty uncle trying to haymaker a cop who wasn't even there for him.

I like that more, because the bottom won't be kind to him when he lands, and the camera will keep rolling all the way down. I think that would be a bigger blow to the American fascist revival than anything else that could possibly happen. They put all their eggs in one basket, as they always do, and that would smash their junk in the 24hr news cycle and make them all look like the demented inbreds they have been trying so carefully to avoid being associated with.

It would be better for the republic if he was hauled off in shackles, but right now I will take what I can get.
Molon Lube

altered

I certainly wouldn't complain much as long as he was out, I get that.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

I think him dying would be, the easy way out. We need to set a precedent in the next election for this to mean anything. He has to lose. If he loses then hopefully it's a long freaking time before we have such a perfect storm of stupdity... hopefully. I know, I know, everything will always be horrible, but I can at least hope.

Bruno

What's the spread on the age of his supporters, anyway? Is it too much to hope for that a good chunk of them will be dropping dead soon?
Formerly something else...

altered

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 19, 2019, 07:45:04 PM
What's the spread on the age of his supporters, anyway? Is it too much to hope for that a good chunk of them will be dropping dead soon?

I think so. Can't remember the ages off hand, but I've been seeing a lot of articles that say his supporter's age bracket runs younger. 30s-40s, I think? Not sure, I'll give it a quick search in a second...

Hmm. I'm seeing weak waving at them being older than average, but no strong data. All opinion columns and shit, nothing I trust. I remember seeing a graph in the recent past, but I can't seem to find it again. Sorry.

LMNO

Old people vote in larger percentages. 

Yes, I am blaming the young for not caring enough.

Cain

It's true.  Same thing over here, if young people had turned out in the same percentage as the over-65s, Brexit wouldn't have happened.

Fujikoma

If young people were somehow less fixated on indulging their hormonal impuleses... that sounds amazingly stupid in concept, surely you understand there's nothing realistic about that.