Author Topic: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread  (Read 158888 times)

nullified

• Literal Helminthic Infestation
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Reply #2685 on: May 24, 2019, 06:50:15 am »
I had sort of heard of Brown while growing up, but had no idea what it was. I figured it was something obscure and technical. Because, I mean, how the fuck would people get away with, say, just as a completely random example, openly wanting something like segregated schools again, right? Surely it couldn’t be that. Their political foes would burn them at the stake and be enshrined as demigods for it, right?

I was a sheltered kid. As I think I said before, I genuinely believed racism wasn’t a thing anymore until I was just about 20.

The past couple years have ensured that I know better and any time I hear Brown brought up in a negative light I know I can safely write whoever that was off. Not worth my consideration or respect. Throw them in front of a road paver.

Juana

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 24, 2019, 04:53:05 pm »
Trump seeks to slash $8.5 billion from Education Department budget

you know what after school programs do? they keep kids out of trouble and away from the welcoming arms of gangs. teacher training is vital for proficiency; teaching is a fucking art and it takes a long time to master. grants allow schools to fulfill their individual needs so they can best serve their kids - cookie cutter budgeting fucks up schools.

do you know how many cool programs my district has, likely because of grants? they have magnet schools for everything from the performing arts to architecture to law to an international baccalaureate program. how many schools are going to lose programs that were the only think keeping some students from dropping out? how many are going to be unable to support their kids in other ways? (do not even get me started on private grants, especially from silicon valley and their ilk. our classrooms are not bill gates's personal fucking laboratory).

this isn't going to get through the house, probably, but i'm still filled with rage-bitter-mirth. the mask - which was wet tissue paper to start with - is off.

None of that serves the school- prison/military pipeline.
you're preaching to the choir, lol. plus devos and her filthy ilk are heavily invested in charter/private schools and it's in their best interests for schools to fail from that perspective.

All of that shit started with the insane butthurt over Brown v Board of Education.  Pisses me off.
yeeeeep. same hat, as the children say. i don't reckon this bill is going to to make it through the house but that this bullshit is even being proposed is monstrous.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:54:42 pm by Juana »
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

nullified

• Literal Helminthic Infestation
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 24, 2019, 08:20:12 pm »
Reminder: I am transgender, terminally homeless, and most often in middling to poor health.

https://apple.news/AxmbCj2SmQUGPryvwuGpkaQ

Presented without other comment.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

• Promotor Fidei
  • Deserved It
  • Behold! The Yellow Sign of Dobbshead
    • View Profile
    • Yiffstar User Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 25, 2019, 08:23:26 am »
I had sort of heard of Brown while growing up, but had no idea what it was. I figured it was something obscure and technical. Because, I mean, how the fuck would people get away with, say, just as a completely random example, openly wanting something like segregated schools again, right? Surely it couldn’t be that. Their political foes would burn them at the stake and be enshrined as demigods for it, right?

I was a sheltered kid. As I think I said before, I genuinely believed racism wasn’t a thing anymore until I was just about 20.

Racism is like a villain from a horror movie. It's dead in some senses, but it refuses to pass on, instead remaining on earth to plague those who still live. And every time it seems to be defeated there's one more sequel.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: June 11, 2019, 05:37:42 pm »
I see Nadler wimped out on the Barr contempt thing.   :kingmeh:
"What were you expecting?  Violins?"
- Lieutenant Checkov

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: June 11, 2019, 06:46:58 pm »

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 11, 2019, 10:16:27 pm »
- Lieutenant Checkov

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 11, 2019, 11:43:26 pm »
Yup.

Kim Jong-Un's half brother, the one who got a face full of VX in an airport, was reportedly a CIA source.

Trump says he wouldn't violate Kim Jong-Un's trust like that, because Kim wrote him "a beautiful letter".

Edit: he was killed shortly after Trump became President. So this isn't a denial, it's a "Obama was bad for spying on you" statement.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:47:13 am by Cain »

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 12, 2019, 02:24:02 am »

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 12, 2019, 04:51:02 am »
Yup.

Kim Jong-Un's half brother, the one who got a face full of VX in an airport, was reportedly a CIA source.

Trump says he wouldn't violate Kim Jong-Un's trust like that, because Kim wrote him "a beautiful letter".

Edit: he was killed shortly after Trump became President. So this isn't a denial, it's a "Obama was bad for spying on you" statement.

You know damn well Trump gave him up.
- Lieutenant Checkov

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »
There's a few timeline discrepancies that would suggest against that, but it wouldn't be out of character (the US turning a blind eye to the murder of Khasoggi) and a failure to even remotely care about protecting US sources is damning enough on its own.

I wouldn't sell info the CIA, right now. Maybe MI6 or the Canadians, but definitely not the CIA. Between Barr's pending investigation and this and the Israeli intel incident, I couldn't trust that I wouldn't die as a consequence.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 13, 2019, 12:28:23 am »
President "NO COLLUSION" Trump on taking information from foreign governments on his political enemies:

"I think I'd take it."

kiss my axe

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:32 am »
Translation: "I'll do anything I want right out in the open and nobody can do a fucking thing."

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 13, 2019, 05:07:45 am »
Translation: "I'll do anything I want right out in the open and nobody can do a fucking thing."

Spot on.
- Lieutenant Checkov

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: June 13, 2019, 06:32:27 am »
Also, Nadler punted yesterday, and the Big Orange Piss Baby spent today more or less inviting foreign nations to fuck with our next election.
- Lieutenant Checkov