News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

On the plus side, this will cause mass confusion among the UK press pundits, who universally refer to "woke" as the next SJW/PC police. Especially since these people worship Trump, I forsee a lot of cognitive dissonance in the near future.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2020, 08:24:46 PM
On the plus side, this will cause mass confusion among the UK press pundits, who universally refer to "woke" as the next SJW/PC police. Especially since these people worship Trump, I forsee a lot of cognitive dissonance in the near future.

It's like having your drunk uncle trying to dance at a wedding.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 27, 2020, 07:51:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2020, 07:12:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://apnews.com/85df3b354137f9495b21fbcee02311f5

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — Flush with cash, President Donald Trump's campaign is stepping up its outreach to black Americans as it tries to claw away support from the traditionally Democratic voting bloc ahead of November's general election.

Trump's campaign is announcing Wednesday that it is opening 15 "Black Voices for Trump Community Centers" in the coming weeks in major cities in battleground states.

"While the other side is focused on beating up each other, we're focused on growing the party," said Trump senior adviser Jared Kushner. "You're never going to get the votes you don't ask for."

The offices will feature a line of campaign swag adopting the "woke" label, and videos of prominent Trump surrogates like Diamond and Silk explaining their support for the president and pamphlets outlining the president's record.
Oh, that's definitely going to sell well and appeal to Black voters.

Maybe they'll try to "speak Jive."   :lol:

This is sort of a new low.
Molon Lube

Juana

Yep! They're trying to pull a 4chan and appropriate the word. We'll see how that plays out.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 27, 2020, 08:42:47 PM
Yep! They're trying to pull a 4chan and appropriate the word. We'll see how that plays out.

I'm already cringing so hard my ass is whistling.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 28, 2020, 12:09:16 AM
a dream about effective democrats

https://twitter.com/tburages/status/1227817449715830784

But it was *safer* for senate dems to go after Franken.

This is why the dems are fucking useless.

Molon Lube

Cain

I suspect we will see a very effective Congress if Sanders becomes President.

Just a feeling, but if he wins the primaries and then the election, especially if the Democrats hold the House and/or take the Senate, you will see legislative power wielded like it never has been before.

Cain

I base this mostly on how I see a lot of moderate Dems absolutely shitting themselves in Corbynesque, bedwetting terms about what a Sanders victory would mean, while certain "influential backers" on Wall Street openly muse if Trump is really as bad as Sanders would be.

It's the anti-Corbyn playbook all over again. They'll aim for a brokered convention and if that fails, the process of talking themselves into justifying voting for Trump (or just staying at home and doing nothing) has already begun. And if that fails, they'll hamstring his Presidency every step of the way.

And it's not like Corbyn or Sanders are really that radical either (Corbyn was moreso than Sanders, but still well within European political norms). The system is just that opposed to any kind of gradual reformism. And we all know what happens when gradual reform becomes impossible...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2020, 08:09:02 AM
I base this mostly on how I see a lot of moderate Dems absolutely shitting themselves in Corbynesque, bedwetting terms about what a Sanders victory would mean, while certain "influential backers" on Wall Street openly muse if Trump is really as bad as Sanders would be.

It's the anti-Corbyn playbook all over again. They'll aim for a brokered convention and if that fails, the process of talking themselves into justifying voting for Trump (or just staying at home and doing nothing) has already begun. And if that fails, they'll hamstring his Presidency every step of the way.

And it's not like Corbyn or Sanders are really that radical either (Corbyn was moreso than Sanders, but still well within European political norms). The system is just that opposed to any kind of gradual reformism. And we all know what happens when gradual reform becomes impossible...

Yep.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

There are now tertiary symptomatic victims in California.

And the feds just said that they're not worried because this thing isn't very contagious.

https://apnews.com/57177e2e35d7d0d518361166935c614e

QuoteSolano County Public Health Officer Dr. Bela Matyas said public health officials have identified dozens of people — but less than 100 — who had close contact with the woman. Those people are quarantined in their homes. A few have shown symptoms and are in isolation, Matyas said.

Officials are not too worried, for now, about casual contact, because federal officials think the coronavirus is spread only through "close contact, being within six feet of somebody for what they're calling a prolonged period of time," said Dr. James Watt, interim state epidemiologist at the California Department of Public Health.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

I had a sneaking suspicion someone had already posted it, but I was too lazy to click back a page.

Cain

It's worth mentioning again anyway, as it is a fuckup of epic proportions. Sure, the US wasn't going to keep the virus out forever, not with that level of an incubation period. At the same time, that doesn't mean you should wander around tents filled with sick people for days with no protective gear on, then spend Friday night in a restuarant before you fly out on a standard passenger airline on the weekend.