Author Topic: Pataphysics  (Read 557 times)

themanwhocreatedjazz

• Known
  • Erp Dies
    • View Profile
Pataphysics
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:28:01 pm »
Just wondering whether we have any 'Pataphysicians or at least any Alfred Jarry fans here?

PopeGillies

• Founder of the "Fuck it, Why Not?" sect
  • Known
    • View Profile
Re: Pataphysics
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:12:08 am »
heard of him. Never quite got what 'pataphysics proposed or meant really, but it was cool looking at it. I think maybe now I sort of get some of it in context. It kinda is like discordianism. The clinamen and syzygzy to me mean that they are different recurring patterns that sometimes occur in a chaotic system. Lead me to surrealism too, and that was a trip.

But since everyone answers differently whenever I ask, I'll ask you: What is 'Pataphysics?
"Fuck Bitches, Get Money" -Nietzsche

The Invisible Man

• gives people the beeps
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »
Just wondering whether we have any 'Pataphysicians or at least any Alfred Jarry fans here?

Yes.

The Invisible Man

• gives people the beeps
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »
heard of him. Never quite got what 'pataphysics proposed or meant really, but it was cool looking at it. I think maybe now I sort of get some of it in context. It kinda is like discordianism. The clinamen and syzygzy to me mean that they are different recurring patterns that sometimes occur in a chaotic system. Lead me to surrealism too, and that was a trip.

But since everyone answers differently whenever I ask, I'll ask you: What is 'Pataphysics?

Yes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 03:41:58 pm »
As far as I can tell it makes fun of stupid things, which means that I like it.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”