Author Topic: Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court  (Read 134760 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2019, 07:24:51 am »
No problem. The first and last ones were both tagged by StopForumSpam and CleanTalk, two of the more reliable spam reporting sites in my experience.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2019, 09:48:04 am »
It's like a sudden change, I think they might have found an exploit for SMF to circumvent the checks:

I added an addition Human test "What is the surname of the Emperor of the United States and protector of Mexico" and the captcah appears to be working ok.

I could look at using the google captcha with the click the images thing, that one seems a bit more robust
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42:19 am »
That could well be it, the exploit issue. A lot of them do look to be fairly obvious bots, so it's very possible there's an issue there

Fujikoma

• Potato God
  • Outlandish
  • Pheremone Octopi of Spiked Intrusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 26, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »
I skipped over a lot, but you're right, I shouldn't give a flying fuck about people like that.

Trivial

• Corporate Drone #5235
  • Deserved It
  • No
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2019, 12:24:04 am »
Does anybody have a flying monkey army?  Dude on facebook was shitting on a friend of mine because he takes medication to not want to kill himself.  Granted it was on a a third friends' wall in 2nd amendment turned abortion discussion thread, but something about it made me contemplate the upsides to torture.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • si autem non vis tribulationis et angustiae, non
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2019, 12:49:17 am »
Well, I just banned a particularly nasty spam bot.

Faust, is there any easy way to clean this up?
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2019, 01:03:34 am »
Its not a bot, not fully, its targetted, I will clean up from db in the morning and possibly add a pay wall to registration of 10 cents

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2019, 10:10:20 am »
I took care of the mess.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »
Cheers Cain, I've added the google recaptcha but not sure if that will work, if it doesnt I will put in the irritating 10c paywall, but would like to avoid that if I can as that would put a lot of people off.

chaotic neutral observer

• not a real discordian
  • Outlandish
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 29, 2019, 02:35:16 pm »
I decided to experiment with growing some miniature watermelons, despite this not being the best climate for it.  I put a couple planter boxes on the edge of the driveway, since it was the only place with enough light throughout the day, and my primary garden is a fair way outside the city, and I can't get out there to water often enough.

A couple days ago, I found one of the two plants had been cut off at the stem.  The leaves were intact, but the taproot was gone.  Didn't seem like cutworm damage, so I decided to blame the jackrabbits which populate the area.

To protect against future rabbit attacks, I placed a large number of bamboo skewers (pointy end up) around the plant.

I am reasonably certain this will be effective, since I have already stabbed myself in the hand twice, once hard enough to pierce the skin.  I am not a clumsy person, per se, but situational awareness is not one of my strong points.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

• Reluctant Mad Prophet of Mushussu Qudmu
  • Deserved It
  • Beggar-Knight of Eris Militant
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 29, 2019, 03:55:18 pm »
I decided to experiment with growing some miniature watermelons, despite this not being the best climate for it.  I put a couple planter boxes on the edge of the driveway, since it was the only place with enough light throughout the day, and my primary garden is a fair way outside the city, and I can't get out there to water often enough.

A couple days ago, I found one of the two plants had been cut off at the stem.  The leaves were intact, but the taproot was gone.  Didn't seem like cutworm damage, so I decided to blame the jackrabbits which populate the area.

To protect against future rabbit attacks, I placed a large number of bamboo skewers (pointy end up) around the plant.

I am reasonably certain this will be effective, since I have already stabbed myself in the hand twice, once hard enough to pierce the skin.  I am not a clumsy person, per se, but situational awareness is not one of my strong points.

I promise you you will regret this.

You won’t know why you will regret it until it’s too late and you have regrets.

Then again, aren’t you the one with the mice? Maybe you’ll be fine after all. But your clothes won’t be.
“I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.”

“Ever watch that famous war movie? That’s how it’ll be.”
“Which one?”
“The one where everybody dies.”
— Blood Standard, Laird Barron

Remember the fall of Yin Tu.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 29, 2019, 04:00:38 pm »
Man found dead in punji pit, watermelon clasped in hand, stem missing, police opening lines of inquiry.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 29, 2019, 06:19:13 pm »
Witnesses report seeing angry jackrabbits fleeing the scene

The Johnny

• did nots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 29, 2019, 11:41:59 pm »

I keep logging in with the option "Forever", alas, forever only lasts till i reopen my browser.

ETERNITY REJECTS ME, REEEEEEE
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 29, 2019, 11:45:02 pm »

I keep logging in with the option "Forever", alas, forever only lasts till i reopen my browser.

ETERNITY REJECTS ME, REEEEEEE
Does your browser automatically clear cookies on closing? Do you need to allow one for here?