Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Update (trying to keep posts on here to positive shit For Now): someone found a homeless shelter in the Dallas area, run by decent humans, taking COVID seriously, who might be able to take me in starting tomorrow.

Homeless shelters are normally hideous places run by tired people who see you as subhuman: you call in, you get a polite greeting, then they realize you're another fucking homeless person and they tell you stuff in this dismissive get-fucked way.

This one, lady at the desk immediately was like "we closed intake a half hour ago, but tomorrow call in after 10:30 AM and I'll have answers on availability for you, here's what you need, here's the details on where you need to be and what you need to have. Here's the answers to any questions you have. Please stay safe for tonight!"

I have such chaotic fucking luck, but if I can ride this upswing just right... I'll be okay.

Still keeping to positive news till I'm actually confident about the future beyond two days.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Dumping Bernie or Bust freaks on Facebook.

Fuck 'em.  Assholes.
Molon Lube

Trivial

Ever look at someone you thought was of good moral quality, hear them say a certain thing and realize they were following the rules because they were rules and could tell people what to do, and not because of the reason said rules exist?

Anyway, what is the male equivalent of Kai Winn or Dolores Umbridge?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

Sounds like Patrick Bateman to be honest. What was it?

Ive had two days with the baby after a lot of drama with the mothers blood pressure where both her and the baby were readmitted (to breast feed), last two weeks have been really stressful, hated feeling powerless to do anything, and not being able to visit for close to two weeks nearly drove me off the deep end.
Sleeping in four hour shifts and swapping with herself so she gets a good night sleep.
Feeding, changing, isn't bad, winding isnt easy, but I'm finding taking care of part ok, now that I finally can.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Trivial

Quote from: Faust on May 13, 2020, 08:20:35 PM

Ive had two days with the baby after a lot of drama with the mothers blood pressure where both her and the baby were readmitted (to breast feed), last two weeks have been really stressful, hated feeling powerless to do anything, and not being able to visit for close to two weeks nearly drove me off the deep end.
Sleeping in four hour shifts and swapping with herself so she gets a good night sleep.
Feeding, changing, isn't bad, winding isnt easy, but I'm finding taking care of part ok, now that I finally can.

Immigration stuff a while back. I thought about how he was a good kid when I went to school with him. The way he described asylum seekers -specifically- just made me question his behavior. It was a meme about if you wanted refugees to come in you might as well take your door off or something like that and him commenting about laws and junk. Nothing about people as people. I had forgotten that bit until he posted about Cardinal Burke wanting to get everyone back in church and he was all for that. Rules say you have to see a priest.

The first few weeks with a baby are rough, extra tough with a hospital stay.  Sleep is the best thing ever. Hang in there.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Wizard Joseph

So this totally just happened and I MAY have been beatboxing

Straight outta Malden
A crazy Pope called QG
With a bomb right arm
And dope a brick throwing spree

When I'm called on
Cthulhu mask on
Squeezin wallnuts
And the alt right is all gone.

You too Jadeane
If you try to party with me
The NSA are gonna have to come get me
Outta Luxury Lanes
That's the game I'm playin
Fuck your kids and fuck the DJin

Your family values can suck my dick
From the other end of my social distance stick
Typographically tired of this shit
OG Pennyworth - Socially conscious crip
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

[quote author=T̈́̄̎ͩͣͪ̎͌ͤ̔͛ͨͭ̒̏̊͋͛ȑͫͪͧͥ͒̄ͥ͆̽ͣ̏̚i͂̇̿́͒̋̊͒ͧ̔ͥ link=topic=38784.msg1439212#msg1439212 date=1589403874]
Quote from: Faust on May 13, 2020, 08:20:35 PM

Immigration stuff a while back. I thought about how he was a good kid when I went to school with him. The way he described asylum seekers -specifically- just made me question his behavior. It was a meme about if you wanted refugees to come in you might as well take your door off or something like that and him commenting about laws and junk. Nothing about people as people. I had forgotten that bit until he posted about Cardinal Burke wanting to get everyone back in church and he was all for that. Rules say you have to see a priest.

The first few weeks with a baby are rough, extra tough with a hospital stay.  Sleep is the best thing ever. Hang in there.
[/quote]

Sam Harris. Everyone's groovy except evil Muslims who are all terrorists.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

I dunno who needs to hear this, but wouldn't the old 3-2-1 Contact opening theme make a great theme song for Antifa?

Nobody's using it for anything now. Just fucking take it.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

[quote author=T̈́̄̎ͩͣͪ̎͌ͤ̔͛ͨͭ̒̏̊͋͛ȑͫͪͧͥ͒̄ͥ͆̽ͣ̏̚i͂̇̿́͒̋̊͒ͧ̔ͥ link=topic=38784.msg1439209#msg1439209 date=1589394201]
Ever look at someone you thought was of good moral quality, hear them say a certain thing and realize they were following the rules because they were rules and could tell people what to do, and not because of the reason said rules exist?

[/quote]

Oh, yeah.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Juana

So I got an email on Tuesday after lunch from a principal, telling me he was doing interviews starting Wednesday and asking if I was interested. I replied late in the evening that I was but requested Thursday/Friday and haven't heard from him since. It's not really a school I actively want to work at but rn it's very "beggars can't be choosers" and the staff is apparently great, according to an acquaintance who works there. I'm debating the merits of a follow up email in case it got lost in his inbox.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."