News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #28: Get out while you can.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 28, 2005, 10:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

HERE'S A GOOD FUCKING QUESTION:

IF ALL THE UGLY AMERICANS RUN AWAY TO CANADA, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE BEFORE CANADA IS JUST AS FUCKED AS AMERICA?

Just as long as you all stay out of Sweden, we cal still be cool...it's just food for thought...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Horab Fibslager

hawt chix0rz welcome eh.

i heard in sweden everyone has a submachinegun in their kitchen cupboard.
Hell is other people.

Cain

East Coast Hustle

of course it's sweden, why do you think I'm moving there?

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: ScribeI thought that was Switzerland?

oh shit. i spose so. swiss, sweden, switzerland. crazy european country names, all so confusing!  :wink:
Hell is other people.

Cain

Who cares, they all have snow and guns in large amounts!  And Switzerland has chocolate too, I suppose.

East Coast Hustle

yes, but only Sweden has the Swedish Bikini Team!

8)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

No one's going anywhere. We are trapped in like the dissendent rats we are.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Scytano

Why go to Europe and Canada, when they have lots of problems too, and are less powerful and influential to boot?

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCNo one's going anywhere. We are trapped in like the dissendent rats we are.

QuoteDespite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Smashing Pumkins, I think.  Plus Scytano finally made a decent point.  A lot of other countries are seriously fucked up.  They haven't taken our guns away, yet.  The only good thing I can think of off the top of my head that the Bush admin has done.  I can still walk around the corner and buy a gun and some ammo.

Lord Trout

Makes preparing for a shooting spree at the local church really convenient, too.
Well, shit.

Cain

Quote from: eldora_avalon
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCNo one's going anywhere. We are trapped in like the dissendent rats we are.

QuoteDespite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Smashing Pumkins, I think.  Plus Scytano finally made a decent point.  A lot of other countries are seriously fucked up.  They haven't taken our guns away, yet.  The only good thing I can think of off the top of my head that the Bush admin has done.  I can still walk around the corner and buy a gun and some ammo.

Hence Swizerland.  If I were a citizen there, it'd be law that I have to have a gun.  And the laws are even more relaxed then the US in some areas. Of course, the downside is that it is Switzerland.  But then again, no-one wants to invade, because even evil dictators and corrupt CEOs have to have a safe place to store the cash. :D

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Scribe
Hence Swizerland.  If I were a citizen there, it'd be law that I have to have a gun.  And the laws are even more relaxed then the US in some areas. Of course, the downside is that it is Switzerland.  But then again, no-one wants to invade, because even evil dictators and corrupt CEOs have to have a safe place to store the cash. :D

Are you serious?  They have tried that in some US cities and it is a better deterence than gun control.  If you know someone else has a gun, you are less likely to try to take something from them.  Even if it is an 80 year old woman and you are trying to get her social security check.

Cain

Quote from: eldora_avalon
Quote from: Scribe

Are you serious?  They have tried that in some US cities and it is a better deterence than gun control.  If you know someone else has a gun, you are less likely to try to take something from them.  Even if it is an 80 year old woman and you are trying to get her social security check.

Yup, because Switzerland has conscription still.  That was one of the reasons Hitler didnt invade the place, because every Swiss has a gun and is well trained to use it.  For example, the Israeli Army is based on the Swiss model, I think.  Im much more American when it comes to matters like gun control.  Its also why all the banks are there, because Switzerland hasnt been invaded in 500 odd years and is traditionally neutral.  And has nice chocolate (although not as good as Belgium. :D )

Im not certain as to the conceal and carry laws there, but I presume given the low crime rate it is a possibilty.