News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

NAFR Jihad Sermon Eight

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, February 01, 2005, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Sermon on Eristicism 8:
Where YOU are;
A simple exposition of location.

"You see, as long as people think that they will understand everything they see, they will fight things they don't understand."

Waar kom je vandaan?

Where do YOU come from? Where are YOU now?
I'll tell you what you want to hear while sneaking the opposite in the pauses between the words. Hell, I'll reach down into your deepest desires, since you wear them on your face, and tell you everything you wanted to hear about Eris. And even though I will say that I am most probably lying, you will assume for some strange reason that I am not. Or that I am only lying sometimes. Or that you can find the truth expressed in the lie. You will grab all the words and descriptions you wish to believe in and conveniently ignore the other words which contradict that wish.

Did you forget that We Discordians need to approach Hallowed Truths, Hallowed Beliefs, and Hallowed Icons from the attitude of O.D.D.? Our most Hallowed Idea is that it is DUMB to have any Hallowed Beliefs.

When I say that I am misdirecting you, I mean it, except for when I might be lying. But that's up to you to decide for yourselves. When I point out where I think YOU are, it is up to you to look around yourself, without any maps, whether my maps or your own maps, and decide if I am full of hot air or not. Or maybe.

Maybe is one of the most powerful words you may ever have to realize for yourselves.

Actually, this whole internet thing sort of makes it nearly impossible for me to tell those of you who read this online exactly where YOU are.
Or even for me to tell you exactly where I am in life. Or what anyone is really doing. Despite what some of you may think to the contrary.

Even in TRW, or offline and in person, it would be a difficult attempt.
But something within some of these words may be speaking to YOU. Something may be telling YOU where you are. And if so, you can expect to see me somewhere along your path with a sign that misdirects you. And if you fall for it, you may then understand a thing or two about why some of us Discordians are engaged in this irreverent endeavor known as the DJ. If you don't fall for it. Some of us will keep trying until you do. That's what we are here for. At least that's what YOU will tell yourselves.

We all tell ourselves such things so we can make some meaning or meaninglessness out of it all.

In conclusion,

So what?

Carry on.

Rij door!

And forget you even read/heard this.

-Irrev. Hugh, KSC
Facilitator of the Kitten Arming Department
and Co-Episkopos of the DSSS.

[jan.18.2005]
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Zurtok Khan

Did I just read that?

I don't remember.

I think I'm in a place where I can see the path, but it is, unfortunately, the obstacle.

(I am not my body or my bones, I am not your boobies or telephones. Thank you Hugh.  I love you shithead)
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Mahatma ZurtokDid I just read that?

I don't remember.

I think I'm in a place where I can see the path, but it is, unfortunately, the obstacle.

(I am not my body or my bones, I am not your boobies or telephones. Thank you Hugh.  I love you shithead)

That's the sort of hippy tree hugging response I 'd expect from a commie pinko like you. But the feeling's mutual.

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomHuh? Forget I read what???

I would have been in a better mood...in fact I am spectacular, but something around here smells funny...I must destroy it.

Cain

All I notied was that was written on my birthaday.  Ah fuck Im still drunk I think.  Ill sober up and come back later.....

agent compassion

Quote from: Irreverent Shitheadbut something around here smells funny...I must destroy it.

Is it a decomposing clown?

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Zurtok Khan

At least I'm GOOD at being a commie pinko.  I'm probably an even better Homo commie pink though.

(I love you Hugh, shithead.)
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Mahatma ZurtokAt least I'm GOOD at being a commie pinko.  I'm probably an even better Homo commie pink though.

(I love you Hugh, shithead.)

What? Then maybe you're not a pinko, but a lavender.

That's all right. Utah tends to do that to people.

Horab Fibslager

iknew a fellow pnce. big guy, former alcoholic, chef, intimidates most folk by being in the same room with em, has a million tattooos. would come into the carwash and buy a million lavander air trees. what a ghey homosexual eh?
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: horab fibslagerwhat a ghey homosexual eh?

wouldn't that make him straight?

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fluffy

Mahama Zurtok

How would you know Hughy?  Have you ever been to this abyss?

I'm sure Bella and her crew all know...because they live here too.  Scary.  Very very scary.  Bella should come up to Utah/Salt Lake county.

Lord Trout

My co-worker escaped from Utah about a year ago... She has some interesting stories to tell about that place.

Now, when I think of Utah, I think of a wide expanse full of desert, Mormons and polygamy. Turns out that isn't so. Yes, they have a lot of Mormons, but it isn't just a huge desert... and as for the guys with multiple wives, if you really want to see some of that action, you need to go to Northern Arizona.

:shock: <--- That's how I looked, when I first heard the term "Sister-Wife"
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

it's my bodl plan to marry all teh owmen in bella's family, simultaneous!!!!

nto sure how i'm gonna pull that oneoff, but bobdamnit, if anyone can do it, is ure can.
now excuse me while i get arborealeroticsm on.
Hell is other people.