News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

betrayal?

Started by Horab Fibslager, February 12, 2005, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

This all reminds me of "Me, Myself, and Irene."  Or a really bad puppet skit.

I think he did the right thing with how he dealt with it

He didn't give her false hope
he didn't sugar coat it
he told her exactly what needed to be said

Seems to me that he did a lot more for this girl than most people would
Hell sent bowser off with her

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Tontons Macouts
Quote from: agent compassion:roll:

It could have been handled a LOT better. Unless you've actually been an 18 year old girl, you are gonna have to stretch a little and try to understand.

No, he was not obliged to reciprocate...but consider. She's there, she's got some kind of feelings for this person who is looking out for her so much, and puts a lot of stock in his opinions. And he basically tells her "Get out of here."

Granted the offer was for something good somewhere else, but he didn't have to say it like that, he could have pretended he was going to miss her, or he could have bounced the question back to her and asked "What do you want to do?" but instead tells her she should go, and sounds like he doesn't want her around anymore.

What he actually felt in that moment was up to him, of course, and I'm not advocating lying, but there was no harm in him pretending that he would miss her just a little, was there?

now, IRL I'm a pretty decent guy, and I think he went further out of his way to acommodate the emotional frailty of a confused 18 year old girl than I would have under the same circumstances, so yeah, I think everyone who's attacking him on this is WAY off base...and even if you're right, doesn't everything good he did for her FAR outweigh a perceived moment of verbal clumsiness, especially when the genesis of said moment was his interest in her well-being?

cut a brotha some slack, yo, that's all I'm sayin...

8)

i'm nto so much attackign him for it. he said mal baby betrayed him.
not saying what he did with cheryl was wrong or right, but it's 100x closer to betrayal than mal locking the threads you guys were yeast infectign all over. in fact him throwing a tantrum about it all is 100x closer to betrayal. he betrays himself because he is hurt. it's understandable, but go do it soemwhere else.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

sorry, I fail to see how the Cheryl situation could even remotely be construed as a betrayal of any sort...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

adn i fail to see how mal locking threads when she was justified in doing so can be construed as betrayal. heck i dont' see how her lockign threads is justifcation for the tantrum and self whatever it is roger is up to.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

I agree, but that's not what I was talking about.

you listed the Cheryl situation as an example of him betraying those "close" to him.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

i can't really explain it any better.

but you're right it isn't a betrayal. jsut a shitty way to wash one's hands of soemone.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, much better if he had been wishy-washy about it and given her the impression that he wanted her to stay and not take advantage of getting her higher education paid for. How shitty of him.

8)

Horab Fibslager

ahh whatever, it was mistake to put it in here with the rest. obviously.

Quotesoem people need to forgive, soem people need to be forgiven, soem people need to go to jail.
Hell is other people.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Tontons Macoutsyeah, much better if he had been wishy-washy about it and given her the impression that he wanted her to stay and not take advantage of getting her higher education paid for. How shitty of him.

8)
Actually, Goat, I think you would have noticed that the girl was in love with you and handled it better.  He didn't have to lie, but how could he not notice.  And at that moment, her ego was very fragile.  I can guess some of the things from her past, some of the things that were left unsaid.  She needed someone to latch onto, and she was crushed that he did not even notice.  

It is actually a good example of rog having his head up his ass.  And of him pushing away the people who care about him.  He isolates himself, then tears the people apart on this forum for reaching out.  I think rog needs to pull his head out of his ass and go to the Tea and Sympathy thread and dump his emotional garbage.  Then maybe he can get over himself.

East Coast Hustle

absolute horseshit.

you're trying to tell me that after spending all that time trying to teach her how to be self-sufficient and to want to better herself, he should have suddenly done an about-face and told her what she wanted to hear instead of tellingher the truth? Not a good way to deal with the people you care about if you ask me...basically, you're trying to find fault with him for being honest to her, and that's crap.

8)

-->Eris<--

*sigh*

You're both right, ok?

Rog is insensitive. And yet he helped this girl Cheryl which shows that at one point he did have some humanity in him.

I don't think anyone here suggested that he should have done an about-face. But you don't send someone out of your life that way, not if you care about them. It's fucking cruel. Yes, she was better off in school, and they probably both knew that, but he didn't have to verbally kick her out the door himself when she would have left anyway.
the universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
in all of the directions it can whizz
as fast as it can go, the speed of light you know
12 million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is
so remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
how amazingly unlikely is your birth
and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'cause there's bugger all down here on earth - eric idle

Chef

Quote from: eldora_avalon
Actually, Goat, I think you would have noticed that the girl was in love with you and handled it better.  He didn't have to lie, but how could he not notice.  

1.  BECAUSE HE WAS A STOOPID OPIE.

2.  THIS IS REMARKABLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU PM'D THE SAP WITH.  I KNOW, BECAUSE I WAS STILL STUCK IN HIS HEAD AT THE TIME.  SHOULD I POST IT?  YUO = ZERO INTELLECTUAL HONESTY.  BUT WHAT *CAN* CHEF EXPECT FROM A MICHIGAN HICK?

CHEF D,
HAS HIS OPINION OF HUMANS REINFORCED EVERY DAY.
CHEF LIVES IN A MANTION.  YUO LIVE IN TENSE.

bananas are good

::leaps out of Eris's arms and scoots away towards the Open Bar::

Haha! Can't catch me mommy! <scoot>

8)

Chef

Quote from: -->Eris<--*sigh*

You're both right, ok?

Rog is insensitive. And yet he helped this girl Cheryl which shows that at one point he did have some humanity in him.

ACTUALLY, HE REALLY *WAS* TOTALLY CLUELESS.

JUST SAYING.

CHEF,
THINKS THE IDIOT WOULD HAVE GONE ALL TO PIECES IF HE HAD ANY CLUE.
CHEF LIVES IN A MANTION.  YUO LIVE IN TENSE.