News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

PD.com: real discordians need not apply

Started by East Coast Hustle, February 25, 2005, 03:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, you...you, over there in the corner writing poetry that no one else cares about...you over there talking about how your weird hair or freaky clothes are inspiring discord by making people treat you as a social pariah...you, baking the cookies and pie...what are you doing? I mean, what are you actually DOING? you profess to adhere to some noble idea of being the monkeywrench in the MACHINE, and yet, you stand idly by and occasionally grease the gears yourself, oblivious to the fact that you're just as much one of THEM as THEY are...you may frown on the idea of "serious discordians", but do we not, upon taking on the mantle of Erisianism, also take upon ourselves some (ir)responsibility to effect the dynamic which we profess to give our allegiance to? Do we not sully the (not so)good name of our brothers and sisters in discord when we do nothing to bring the discord into not only our lives, but the lives of others? Are we not, in fact, worse than those we call Greyface? For Greyface is just a cog in the MACHINE, he knows not that he is part of a greater evil, he just goes to work, goes to the bar, goes home to his nagging wife and screamy kids, and gets up the next day to do it again, oblivious all the while to the random wonder that he is surrounded by...but YOU (and I include myself in this accusation too, for I am no better than my peers) should know better...you are KNOWINGLY perpetuating the imbalance between hodge and podge...you are INTENTIONALLY depriving the world of SLACK..."So what?" you say..."who are you to tell me what to do?" you say...to which I can only invoke rule number one (KYFMS) and try to assure you that I AM trying...and  that for you not to do the same is not only irresponsible and dangerous, but just downright LAME. Go call yourself wahtever you want, but do not come to me calling yourself a Discordian, for you are not worthy of the name...get off your ass...go outside...look around you at the world that you inhabit...do you not see the grid? the pattern? the plotted points on the graph that dictate the movement and actions of everything around you? of course you do...you wouldn't have gotten this far if you didn't...but now it's time ot take the next step...the REAL step...the only step that truly MATTERS...it's time for you to start living up to your own self-professed ideals...go now! go slash a tire on a delivery truck while it's parked on a major city street...go jam epoxy resin into the coin slots of all the parking meters...go write not one letter to your congressman, but 1000 letters, all signed by different people, all crying out for the repeal of laws prohibiting voluntary autoerotic cannibalism...go open the valves on a tank of NO2 in the lobby of a major investment firm...go rotate all the streetsigns in your neighborhood 90 degrees to the left...GO DO SOMETHING...now, before you wake up one day, go to your crappy job, go to the bar, come home to your nagging wife and screaming kids, and get up the next day to do it all over again....

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Sometimes people turn into that which they fear the most.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

gnimbley

B_M_W

Chao is all, and all is Chao. Long live Eris.

*Blows one note on the flute for Turd*
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

East Coast Hustle

sadly, I fear that "sometimes" may be understating the matter...

welcome back, BTW.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStabsadly, I fear that "sometimes" may be understating the matter...

welcome back, BTW.

8)

Thanks.

Just grabbing a few things.

No hard feelings?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Malaul

aw
thats nice
Im glad that was said

no, Im not being  sarcastic
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Cain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: McStabsadly, I fear that "sometimes" may be understating the matter...

welcome back, BTW.

8)

Thanks.

No hard feelings?

hard feelings? hardly...I sincerely hope you didn't leave on my account, not that I think you would have, but just saying...to say that this board will be a much sorrier place without your presence may be quite an understatement...

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStab

welcome back, BTW.

8)

Thanks.

No hard feelings?

hard feelings? hardly...I sincerely hope you didn't leave on my account, not that I think you would have, but just saying...to say that this board will be a much sorrier place without your presence may be quite an understatement...

8)

Naw, I left because my head was full of Tongans.

He's gone, I'm back...though, as I said, I will be spending a little less time here, as I plan on hitting some writing newsgroups.

Thanks, though.

Horab Fibslager

my bad, all this tim ei thought religion was a mtter of faith. not of what soem dickface in maine thought about or percieved about me.

i'm assuming it must be aimed at me, because, it's iobviously not aimed at other people. again and again.

well i must not be discordian. la di fuckin da.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

don't flatter yourself, dude...it wasn't aimed at anybody, it was aimed at everybody, myself included as you would have known if you'd bothered to read it carefully enough...

8)

Horab Fibslager

i did read it, it's another hey you guys all fucking suck! who you ask? nobody!  

because there are no discordians anywhere!

i jsut figured it must be me, cuz it can't be anybody else right?
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: some fucking idiot.i did read it, it's another hey you guys all fucking suck! who you ask? nobody!  

Either that, or you're nuts.

One or the other.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: some fucking idiot.i did read it, it's another hey you guys all fucking suck! who you ask? nobody!  

Either that, or you're nuts.

One or the other.

what if i am nuts? at least i don't take it out on everybody else. at least i'm not hurtful or hateful about it. i least i take responsibility for my shit one way or the other, because madness is never any excuse for anything.
Hell is other people.