News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

am i confused?

Started by Horab Fibslager, February 26, 2005, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what?

discordianism?
1 (33.3%)
assholism?
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 26, 2005, 07:25:14 PM

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HoshikoTo me it boils down to a simple concept:

Clog a toilet and you leave a very unhappy janitor and not much else.

Not true.  If you time it right, you get a lot of Merehumes(TM) running about with their knees together.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Hoshiko

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: HoshikoTo me it boils down to a simple concept:

Clog a toilet and you leave a very unhappy janitor and not much else.

Not true.  If you time it right, you get a lot of Merehumes(TM) running about with their knees together.

Not true. Let me tell you a story...

When DemonSeed and I were mere teenagers, we managed to land a job under the table from a family friend. This friend payed us to clean his bowling alley at night, when everyone else had left. I can't tell you how often we cleaned up crap with no second thought. People always clog the toilets, not really a big deal. They just use another bathroom. We cleaned it for about a year, becoming more and more frustrated with trying hard to do our best with inferior equiptment and a shitty boss. We finally started to get fed up.

A friend of ours was very anti-rules. He started helping us clean this bowling alley for a part-time job, and we would all go there every night after it closed down and blast the music, clean, and then spend the rest of the night playing pool and basically goofing off.

And then someone started peeing on the floor and not cleaning it up. It happened every single day, and every single night we would have to clean up this person's piss. Then they moved on to occasionaly defacating wherever they wanted to, and making a general mess. We couldn't figure out who was doing it, and trying to get our boss to help us find out did no good.

One day we had to clean in the early morning instead of at night, and we found out who was peeing and messing things up. It was our boss.

We were really and truly angry. This man didn't pay us enough because he didn't have to, us being kids and all. And he gradually got so bitchy that he was making us pay for our nightly pool game and sodas. We once found over $4000 in the trashcan instead of the safe, and we turned it in only to get bitched at for calling him late.

So, with the help of our anti-rules and generally discordian friend, we started doing whatever the hell we wanted. We would play pool and invite all of our friends. We would eat the snack bar food. We would put "Do Not Defecate in the Restrooms!" signs up in the stalls. We would put cryptic sings and "chair broken" signs on half of the equiptment. We would get the high scores for the pinball games, and put in "DB sucks! (the boss)" in the ones that would let us. We had a food fight and didn't clean up the stuff that fell on top of the cupboards. We had punk swing dancing competitions. We hid all the ashtrays in the smoking room. We switched around all of the balls. We changed the levels on the sound equiptment, and we left the intercom system jammed on. On one memorable occasion we had a rave with the blacklights and sound.

We kept doing that for 2 years. Not enough to get us caught, just enough to confuse the hell out of the lesser employees and customers. It was a blast.

That friend of ours saw an opportunity, and he showed us how to utilize it beyond clogged toilets, without hurting anybody. He could have just taken the $4000 and ran with it, but he wasn't about profit or destruction. They closed that place down after we quit, but I still think of it fondly, and it changed the way I thought about authority, which leaves me free to change someone else's mind.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Very nice.  Very nice, indeed.  I especially liked the "out of order" signs.

But your friend should have done something more creative with the money.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Hoshiko

But that would have gotten us caught. The money bought us trust, which is more important than money in a situation like that.

And I forgot to add, that friend quit after a short period of time. The job let us hire a revolving door of friends, and we had about 10 different people helping us through the entirety of it, all at different times. I'd like to think it influenced them in some ways too.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HoshikoBut that would have gotten us caught. The money bought us trust, which is more important than money in a situation like that.

I didn't say TAKE IT, I said be more creative with it.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Se?±or Limpio
Quote from: agent compassionJust don't call it Discordianism. The Principia wasn't a manual on Assholery, and you know it.

The Principia is also not a manual on Discordianism, though I'm sure you know that...it is useful strictly as asswipe, and even for that it's a little harsh on the old sphincter...wait...if the PD is only useful for wiping your ass, does that not, in fact, make it a manual on Assholery?

anyway...the Principia Discordia has about as much relevance to Discordianism as the King James Bible has to Christianity, IMHO...

8)
Look at the top of this page, this is a forum for the Prinicpia Discordia. :roll:  If you would like to talk about another book, why don't you go bother someone else.  And the KJ version of the bible is still used in churches, so I am really not sure what point you were trying to make :?

East Coast Hustle

you're either playing dumb, or you are dumb, and I don't think you are dumb....

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

:roll:  All this fighting about the board is ruining it for me. Let me tell you. I come to this board to GET AWAY FROM THAT SHIT. And you boys just keep tracking it on in....Discordians are plenty serious when it COUNTS, you know that, and you know that the little sliver of us that you see here online isn't the whole picture, yet you persist in your judgementalism...well, you can fight amongst yourselves. I'm out. Fuck it. Once again a happy place has been soured by egotism and stupidity. GOOD DAY TO YOU!

::throws all her things into a suitcase and stomps dramatically out the door, slamming it shut behind her::

see you tomorrow...

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

ta ta! see you tomorrow!

:lol:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Quote from: Senor CommieStab McGoatTurdyPants Macoutsta ta! see you tomorrow!

Laughing

Hehe...probably sooner, I was just gonna run to the grocery store to get my pills... 8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

ooh...anything good? I prefer uppers...

8)

gnimbley

Hmmm....

Well, after several thousand years, some of us are back to where
the long debate all began, at the Temple of Delphi, with its two
saying: "Know yourself" and "Nothing in Excess." Some progress, huh?

Yet, that is probably where we should be, yes? Even those who would
tear civilization down dream of it being rebuilt. Right this time. Their
way.

If you want to go back to where it all went wrong, let me give you
a candidate.

Agriculture.

When man decided to start organizing, he started creating bosses.
Anthropolical digs of human societies before agriculture show an amazing
equality among artifacts. Everybody had the same size hut.

After agriculture came along, all the huts got worse, except one.

The boss.

And the evidence suggests that the average human's diet got worse.

Except one.

The boss.

So you see, even Roger's plans are inadequate. Turd would only stir
the pot. George W. is no different; he's just switching around the
deck chairs.

Malthus didn't lie, kiddies. We started down this path thousands
of years ago; now we are addicted; now we can't turn back.

To turn back means we have to kill off billions just to get back to a
sustainable society with equality. Not even Dick Cheney is thinking that
big.

The earth is doomed.

You may now all go back to recess.

East Coast Hustle

not to sound overly grandiose, but I WAS thinking that big...

8)

fluffy

phhfffftttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnomes are full of shit

so are limpios and reverends

phhfffftttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: agent compassion:roll:  All this fighting about the board is ruining it for me. Let me tell you. I come to this board to GET AWAY FROM THAT SHIT. And you boys just keep tracking it on in....Discordians are plenty serious when it COUNTS, you know that, and you know that the little sliver of us that you see here online isn't the whole picture, yet you persist in your judgementalism...well, you can fight amongst yourselves. I'm out. Fuck it. Once again a happy place has been soured by egotism and stupidity. GOOD DAY TO YOU!

::throws all her things into a suitcase and stomps dramatically out the door, slamming it shut behind her::

see you tomorrow...

it's always been fighting here. seems people don't like to admit they like to goof off and have fun, or that any of it is relevant to discordianism. i think it's very relevant. but it's yourown trip. then again where that trip intercedes with mine a bit of respect would be nice. i can take a freindly ribbing and i liek to dish out that freindly ribbing as well. it's not meant o be hurtful, but there's been soem coarse negativity round lately, and it bothers me.

a discordian canbe an asshole, an asshole can be a discordian. it doesn't make assholism dsicordian. not accepting the fact there's a war is nto discordianism. realizing mankind can be awfulyl hateful is not necessarily disocrdianism. sure it all relates, it all contributes. but is that the sum of our rants and articles? is trickign ppl what it's all about?

soemoen want to do some funky mindfucks, well you'll have to talk to me directly. i've thrown ideas out there, tho i dunno how many ppl got em or used em. but i can't be arsed to do it on my own, r volunteer. i am as much a taoist as i am a discordian, and we don't liek to do anything cept chillax
Hell is other people.