News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Chaos is...

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, March 11, 2005, 04:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Chaos is everything you can't stand lining up to take a shot at you when you least expect it....at the most unfair time...taking advantage of every one of your hidden vulnerabilities. Chaos doesn't care about your feelings of uniqueness....Chaos is the motherload of uniqueness. She will smash you apart and make ten-thousand things in the future that will be more unique and special. Chaos doesn't care about the fact that you feel somehow so special that you should be immortal. Chaos makes you and breaks you all the same. Chaos doesn't care that you feel yourself to be anything at all because you can think. So what? Thought and consciousness is as common as air. Why should Chaos give a damn about you because you can think/feel/dream? Especially when the intricate patterns of a snowflake are more ornate than any of your monkey ramblings. Chaos is that whisper in your ear every time you feel your pulse and realize that your life depends on the smooth functioning of a muscle. Your so called independence and free-will is shattered. Your life can be cut short by something so small and insignificant as a virus. Chaos is a walk through a dark alley full of crack-fiending knife-wielding claw shrimp...as much as it is a walk through a nice park on a sunny day. Chaos is the roaring sax-like improv tune heard in the screech of an el-train car as it lurches off the tracks and hits the street below. Chaos is the chime-like crystal resonance of shards of glass falling after being blown out of a skyscraper. Chaos is the lone lunatic who flips out in a traffic jam and proceeds to stab out every else's tires. Chaos is the voice you hear in your deepest "finding-thyself" moments telling you that it's all full of shit. Chaos is the damned police sirens across the alley going all night making you get out of bed and toss hot water on the cops standing around smoking below. Chaos is when your bad tooth decides to go supernova and you face grows to twice its normal size. Chaos is all of these things and more....

It's not that the universe is a nice place or a mean place. The universe just IS the way it is, without consideration for our feelings. It's nothing personal. It's just Chaos. You can try to philosophize all you want, but philosophy is just an attempt to escape from all the 'dark' and 'scary' parts of Chaos...i.e. the Chaos that you don't like, as opposed to the Chaos that you like. Chaos is. Bow in reverence or don't. See if She cares.

Chaos is you missing the bus/train/plane and cursing the sky for the rest of the day. Chaos is splashing red curry in your eyes and having nothing but jalapeno juice to rinse them out with. Chaos is getting stuck in the middle of a St. Patrick's Day Parade with a british flag punk t-shirt and being too drunk to run away from the green swill mob. Chaos is you and every stupid/smart thing/thought you have done/thought. Chaos has nothing to teach and there is nothing to learn. Chaos is unspiritual. Chaos is crass. Chaos is commercial. Chaos is corporate. Chaos is a certain slick marketability, sort of like Che Guevara shirts. People buy and sell Chaos to be cool and 'with it.' People where Chaos as a cosmetic that advertizes their attention whoring egos. Chaos is television stuck on all 500 channels at once. It is your cable modem going apeshit and assassinating your coffee maker. Chaos is the feeling in the bottom of your stomach when you realize you just ran over that pigeon. Chaos is alive and well and those of you who are going around saying all kinds of crap about Her....She has this to say:

"Shut your fucking mouth, uncle fucker!"

--Irrev. Hugh, KSC;
"Will Tell YOU what Chaos Is."
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Cain

Thats kinda what I would have said, had I the time to write it.  Instead, I shall smile and go back to writing about that sod JS Mill.

LMNO

But Chaos is also the feeling you get in mid-orgasm.

Chaos is the peak of a good acid trip.

Chaos is a sunset in the desert.

So there, goatfucker.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: LMNOBut Chaos is also the feeling you get in mid-orgasm.

Chaos is the peak of a good acid trip.

Chaos is a sunset in the desert.

So there, goatfucker.

Chaos is the goat, the fuck, and the fucker. Chaos is also the feeling you get when you go to the clinic the next morning to get your urinal tract swabbed out. Chaos is the also the peak of a bad DMM trip that causes your heart to explode and gives headaches to the team at the ER as they try to keep your ass alive. Chaos is also the little child lost in that desert who dies slowly of thirst and gets eaten by lizards. Chaos is always misrepresented. Why? Because we don't want to see that Chaos is our destruction as much as it is our creation.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Cain

Chaos is pretty much most things.  According to the mathematicians and scientists, everything that is "non-linear", whatever that means.  I dont recall it having a moral factor.  It can go both ways, or more, or less, or all at once, or in a way you least expect.

LMNO

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC...we don't want to see that Chaos is our destruction as much as it is our creation...

Correction: We can accept that it is both Creation and Destruction, so we don't have to worry & harp & whine about how desctructive Chaos can be.

Not to mention that both Creation and Destruction are illusions, anyway.

DJRubberducky

Chaos is.

Chaos is the is-ness of is-ness.

(Thank you, Douglas McGaughey. :D)
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Horab Fibslager

i disagree but no time for love now, dr. jones!
Hell is other people.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Chaos is life(and death).  The seed sprouts(or not).  Branches grow(or they don't).   Leaves grow, then flowers blossom(or not).  Then in the autumn, the leaves change color, losing their chlorwhatever that makes them green, then they fall.  The tree is left with its naked fractal self, the leaves decay to become food for the tree.  Then in the spring, it starts all over.  And this is just the trees.

agent compassion

Chaos is this sick, lonely, sinking feeling I've been carrying around all week for no known logical reason. Chaos is illogical. Chaos is why we got Spring in fucking February this year and no snow. Chaos smashed my last remaining Oreos into cookie shrapnel. Chaos is the icky feeling you get when a blood test comes back abnormal. Chaos is the scratches in your glasses. Chaos is the perfect *anything* in the world - the perfect kiss, the perfect drink, the perfect chicken kabob off the the barbecue, the lone pancake that doesn't burn and stick to the pan...

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

fluffy

i is chaos
the fluffy chaos of bunny doom
meep!

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

EraPassing

If I may take a stab at this?

Chaos is throwing oneself into a bed of silk sheets, and finding out that someone has dragged those sheets through a burr-patch.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

LMNO

only 9.5?

C'mon, Bath, you can get your nose farther up his ass than that...

EraPassing

Is it really brown-nosing to give credit where it's due?
Hugh's post impressed me, too.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?