News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

NAFR Jihad Sermon 14: Free?

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, March 22, 2005, 02:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

atzintli imacaxtli tetahua!

imixayo iuhquima quiahuitl toyaoyouh tlathuiznequi!

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

PopeLoUDICRUCE

:shock: Wow, Hugh! I am truly impressed! I am a big language freak but I never tried Nahuatl! Actually, I do well to keep up on German, Spanish,Cherokee and Tibetan. What does Nahuatl sound like anyway?
Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Se?±or Misteriosoatzintli imacaxtli tetahua!

8)

um, okay. It's badly formed Nahuatl. Either you made it up from a codex list. Or it came from the seventeen hundreds. Or you snatched it somehow from a substandard Nahua poet from about two hundred or so years ago, but heres my translation (keep in mind that I haven't studied Nahuatl in a long time):

(My) Revered Fathers, please drink
Their tears! (a trifle considered) like falling rain
in the battle dawning like the morning sure to come.

<note> A lot is left out from straight translation which I tried to re-enter.
Nahuatl is extremely precise and subtle. Much more so than Latin or Greek.</note>
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Horab Fibslager

i was doign some google research(lol) and onyl found one sight that disagreed withthe sacrifce thing, some of the ones that said they were fiercely sacrficial even had sources. the one that was anti sacrifice said evidecne that suggests sacrifice was in fact meangni open heart surgery, particularly aztec art depict their dark sun god huilztlauwhatever feasteing upon the blood and still beating hearts of the human tribute from conquered vassal states, which are obviously misconstrued and actualyl depict their fanged calwed god cleansing the freely flowing blood as it runs down teh steps of the mighty pyramids.

lol :P

googled aztec + sacrifice.

on a side note, in utopia my province name was once Tlacaxipehualiztli which translates to 'Slaughtering of dogs'
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I doubt the aztecs were doing open heart surgery. What happened there, according to Nahuatl records is certain executions of criminals. (Nahuatl law didn't provide for capital criminals to survive for much long after their conviction.)

A lot of sources will say that the Aztecs did human sacrifice, but as a good researcher you must track down EVERY source until you reach the end and then draw your conclusions.

In the case of the Aztecs....the Spanish were worse and the English run a close second, in terms of human torture and cruelty.

Horab Fibslager

i dont' disagree that the europeans in general were awful people, when it came to toruring each toehr and what not.

but i think it takes a littel bit away from the aztec cutlure, to say that they weren't blood thirsty faatics who's elite warriors palyed sprot witht he heads of those fallen during th egame in which the winners were those who still stood and willingly gave themselves and their nectars so the sun might rise tomorrow.

but you oughta knwo i'm an awful researcher, and it shoudl be noted that all the above is based on what i elarned in highschool and a couple o f aztec fans(of soem sort of middle mexican heritage).
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Tlacaxipehualiztlii dont' disagree that the europeans in general were awful people, when it came to toruring each toehr and what not.

but i think it takes a littel bit away from the aztec cutlure, to say that they weren't blood thirsty faatics who's elite warriors palyed sprot witht he heads of those fallen during th egame in which the winners were those who still stood and willingly gave themselves and their nectars so the sun might rise tomorrow.

but you oughta knwo i'm an awful researcher, and it shoudl be noted that all the above is based on what i elarned in highschool and a couple o f aztec fans(of soem sort of middle mexican heritage).

Heh. Now all of the preceding discussion and argument has been about Aztec society. I wasn't talking about the sports. That raises the bar entirely. :twisted:

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Tlacaxipehualiztlii dont' disagree that the europeans in general were awful people, when it came to toruring each toehr and what not.

Heh. Now all of the preceding discussion and argument has been about Aztec society. I wasn't talking about the sports. That raises the bar entirely. :twisted:

alto  of the websites also said a bunc h of junk about waging cosntant warfare for the sacred purpose of capturing enemy soldiers solely for the prupose of sacrifice. one site(googled aztec + slaughter i beleive) comapred it with ww1. lol.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Tlacaxipehualiztli

alto  of the websites also said a bunc h of junk about waging cosntant warfare for the sacred purpose of capturing enemy soldiers solely for the prupose of sacrifice. one site(googled aztec + slaughter i beleive) comapred it with ww1. lol.

That was refering to the War of Flowers. What do any of you Wasichu know about that. Just forget about it. It is too complex for you whiteys. Go back to your endless jabs about french and germans or communists and capitalists or civilians against terrorists ....(now do you understand the Aztec view of war?).

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Se?±or Misteriosoatzintli imacaxtli tetahua!

8)

um, okay. It's badly formed Nahuatl. Either you made it up from a codex list. Or it came from the seventeen hundreds. Or you snatched it somehow from a substandard Nahua poet from about two hundred or so years ago, but heres my translation (keep in mind that I haven't studied Nahuatl in a long time):

(My) Revered Fathers, please drink
Their tears! (a trifle considered) like falling rain
in the battle dawning like the morning sure to come.

<note> A lot is left out from straight translation which I tried to re-enter.
Nahuatl is extremely precise and subtle. Much more so than Latin or Greek.</note>

yeah, I got the vocab but not the conjugation and how to stick phrases together...hard to do that without hearing someone speak it..but your translation is pretty much dead-on in the words, but apparently I mixed up the meaning...

Drink to our revered fathers
their tears are as falling rain
to feed the battle we fight for tomorrow.

or something like that. I'll work on it.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC[quote="blah blah blah blah OMFGWTF BBQQQ!!!etc..ring enemy soldiers solely for the prupose of sacrifice. one site(googled aztec + slaughter i beleive) comapred it with ww1. lol.

That was refering to the War of Flowers. What do any of you Wasichu know about that. Just forget about it. It is too complex for you whiteys. Go back to your endless jabs about french and germans or communists and capitalists or civilians against terrorists ....(now do you understand the Aztec view of war?).[/quote]

nothing i hadn't heard before, tho your skin is pinker than mine hugh.

OMG ze Germanz zarr coming!!!!! run like ze french!!!!
Hell is other people.

PopeLoUDICRUCE

That was refering to the War of Flowers. What do any of you Wasichu know about that. Just forget about it. It is too complex for you whiteys. Go back to your endless jabs about french and germans or communists and capitalists or civilians against terrorists ....(now do you understand the Aztec view of war?).
I'll drink to that! We have to realize that we are ALL conjecturing about paradigms that we cannot attest to nor experience EVEN on psychoactive drugs! For, how do we know where our own creativity ends and factual report begins? As well, consider that ANYTHING an Anthropottygist~er anthropologist says about cultures A. B. or C. is passed through the filter of their own cultural aggregation of experiences. Very often we learn more about  the Anthropottygist~damn! anthropologist than the culture they are conjecturing about.
Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

We can experience everything on psychoactive drugs.

LMNO

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWe can experience everything on psychoactive drugs.

..Everything, that is, except sobriety.