News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Fuck you Wal-Mart

Started by Zurtok Khan, April 10, 2005, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

As many of you may know, I currently work at Wal-Mart.  At the moment I do not know how long that will be current.  You see, today I was given a paper called a "Pink-Slip" or "Cash Control Sheet" that said that my till was short by $16.89.  I am a *very* responsible cashier, and I count my money 2 times before giving it to my customer, and I count it to them as I hand it to them.  Never before has my drawer been off (well, thats not entirely accurate, as if can be off by up to $5.00 without me getting a pink-slip).

Most people when they receive said pink-slip just sign the thing and go on with life.  But I am a more difficult case.  While the pink-slip is not an admission of guilt, it is an admission of a mistake with my till.  I am not satisfied that it was my fault that my till was short.  After reviewing the electronic journal (basically, any transaction done at the Wal-Mart store I work at can be viewed on it) and investigating it thoroughly, I did not find proof that it was my fault.  After doing this, I went to a member of management (fucking assholes) and spoke with them about it.  They were of little use (besides confirming that it's a "sign or fire" dilemma).

On the day that my till was short, someone had accidently used my cashiering numbers.  The accounting office claims that he didn't work that day, which is absurd, considering that I and at least 3 other people remember seeing him, and talking to him on that day.

It is interesting to note that at least 4 other people were given these pink-slips today, as I was.  One of them is a good friend of mine, who has at least 2 years of experiance more than I do in cashiering, and she recieved 3 of the things.  

It has been suggested by 3 or 4 people that I have spoken to, that there is a possibility of someone embesilling (sp?) the money from Wal-Mart, as one of the people in the accounting office just took a very nice trip to Disney-Land (not that that proves anything...but on a Wal-Mart salary???), and a couple of them never had a pink-slip before one of the new associates in the accounting office started working there.  I am contemplating bringing this up on monday (the next day that I work), and seeing what kind of reaction it brings.  It will be delicious, if all goes as I would like it to.

I have been working with a member of management on this, in order to try to sort everything out.  Before I left to day he mentioned something about "tearing the piece of paper up."  You don't think my stubbornness (and the fact that he's an idiot), along with the fact that I, if I may say so myself, am an excellant manipulater, have anything to do with it, do you?  

All in all, this has thus far been an interesting experiance, watching how far I can push the boundries Wal-Mart has attempted to errect.  I do not think that they realize that I am not playing by their rules, nor do I care for them in any way.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to fuck with them further?

(Bella, Hugh, and all you mentally MODified types...I suppose this could go in Opperation Minfuck, but...I dunno it feels a bit too ranty for that...but whatever)
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Bob the Mediocre

Keep up the Good Fight. I'm trying to think of other things to do. Maybe something'll come to me
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

The Doctor

::goes back in time and prevents Wal-Mart from ever happening::

8)
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

Bob the Mediocre

fucking RAH!

:wishes he'd thought of that:
we are making a brand
mister corporate events
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke

The Doctor

::goes back in time and prevents Eric's mom and dad from meeting::

::shags Eric's would-have-been mom::

:twisted:

Dude, your mom was great - hey, where'd he go?

Oh dear.
Priest, Church of Eris

-

The Doctor

::takes the TARDIS back to the day Cat Maxwell was conceived and waits for his mom to get home::

Dude, your mom is HAWT.

:wink:

Crap, where'd he go?
Priest, Church of Eris

-

Bob the Mediocre

You wouldn't happen to know when Dubya was concieved, would you?
we are making a brand
mister corporate events
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke

The Doctor

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

58 years ago, but I am not hitting that. Not for a million bucks.
Priest, Church of Eris

-

agent compassion

Quote58 years ago, but I am not hitting that. Not for a million bucks.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: The Doctor::goes back in time and prevents Eric's mom and dad from meeting::

::shags Eric's would-have-been mom::

:twisted:

Dude, your mom was great - hey, where'd he go?

Oh dear.

The Eric Collective finds you Highly Amusing.  Come the Revolution, you may or may not be first up against the wall, but you will be up against the wall.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

agent compassion

Does anyone else hear a faint buzzing noise? No? Ok, forget it.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: The Doctor:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

58 years ago, but I am not hitting that. Not for a million bucks.

Not even for the Good of Humanity?
we are making a brand
mister corporate events
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke

Your 11 letter word

Fuck humanity.

Hehehehehehe

CORNHOLIO

Quote from: agent compassionDoes anyone else hear a faint buzzing noise? No? Ok, forget it.
I think a gnat just farted, heh, heh, heh, musta got in my nachos, heh, HEHEH, heh
ARE YOU THREATENING ME??? IIII AAAMMMM COOORRRNNNHOOOLLIIOOOOO!!!!!!

CORNHOLIO

Quote from: Your 11 letter wordFuck humanity.

Hehehehehehe
That's like a lot of people and stuff, I don't think even Largo could handle that, but then he'd have to, um, uh, heh, nevermind, heh, HEHEH, heh or something, heh, or kill me, heh, heh, HEHEHEH, heh
ARE YOU THREATENING ME??? IIII AAAMMMM COOORRRNNNHOOOLLIIOOOOO!!!!!!