News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 12: Return to Dumb.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 05, 2005, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

btw, fiction or no, whatever happened with Bud?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bencalypsebtw, fiction or no, whatever happened with Bud?

You'll have to wait for the end of the story with everyone else.

TGRR,
Doesn't like to give details away ahead of time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: LMNOH

etc.. etc. so on and so forth

[/sincerity]

You asshole.

:wink:

My apologies.  It's sometimes hard to tell what people mean, when you can't see their faces.

i agree. which is why i'm nto a big fan of talking to irl freinds ont eh net, not even mentioning phone conversations(which can be better or worse, depending.)
Hell is other people.

hooplala

Hey Roger,

I know you probably don't give a shit what I think, but I quite enjoyed it, you have a good "I'm-telling-this-to-you-over-a-few-too-many-drinks-in-a backwater-jukejoint" style that flows nicely and is quite witty.  

I can see where the comparison to F.A.L.I.L.V. comes from, but I don't by any means think it is you trying to cop Hunter's content or style, I think just having two men driving through the desert (one being named only by his legal proffesion) is bound to make comparisons.  Also, the vague threat given to the hitch-hiker is slightly similar, but beyond that there is no similarity whatsoever.

I once wrote a story about an aging writer driving through the desert by himself fleeing from imaginary government agents and was accused by people I knew of copping HST, so I know the pain.  For a while men in cars in the desert are going to draw the comparison, sad to say.

For the record, I really like Hell's Angels, although I've only read it once eight years ago.  I love Fear and Loathing, both in Las Vegas and on the Campaign Trail.  Most of his 70's writing is really good, but I find his more recent writing incoherent.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the rest.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Men in the Desert aside, one thing I've always liked about Rog's stories is the ominous feeling that at any time, everything could go bat-shit crazy.  Like, his reality is always on the verge of total collapse.

It must be fun, in more than a little tiring and stressful, to live there.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: LMNOIt must be fun, in more than a little tiring and stressful, to live there.
Heh.  I'd get more stress than fun if I lived there, but it does make for some lovely stories, yes?
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: LMNOMen in the Desert aside, one thing I've always liked about Rog's stories is the ominous feeling that at any time, everything could go bat-shit crazy.  Like, his reality is always on the verge of total collapse.

It must be fun, in more than a little tiring and stressful, to live there.

We all live in that reality, whether we like it or not.  You never know when your life will be turned upside down.  Roger is just more open about the crazier parts of his life, the parts that make us laugh a little and cringe a little.  Some of us will never have experiences like this.  Some of us don't have too many any more.

LMNO

While that may be true El, Rog is particularly adept at communicating that feeling through his writing unlike, say, Dean Koontz.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: LMNOWhile that may be true El, Rog is particularly adept at communicating that feeling through his writing unlike, say, Dean Koontz.
He is a unique and talented writer, I agree.  There is that edge of your seat, holy shit kind of reaction.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Someone should compile all of Roger's writings..
...or has that already happened? and if it has where is it?

Drunken Monkey Cabal

u mean this is all fiction? or is it all a kinda of blurry fiction truth, like some bits are exegeratted to help the narrative

either way it kicks arse

and i think you can find the rest or rogers thingys on the purple monkey/discordians society of sandpaper thing.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWho is HST?:?

I have been having a day of total confusion :cry:

Hunter S Thompson.

The one that a few other people were accusing me of copying.

It must have to do with the fact that my narrative involved Vegas, a bag of drugs, a convertible, and an angry Samoan.

Oh, wait, it had nothing to do with any of those things.

:evil:

TGRR,
Thinks the person(s) involved can fuck themselves.

You do have a smiliar style, but I would have said that was just the method of presentation.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: DiL

u mean this is all fiction? or is it all a kinda of blurry fiction truth, like some bits are exegeratted to help the narrative

either way it kicks arse

and i think you can find the rest or rogers thingys on the purple monkey/discordians society of sandpaper thing.

Got a URL?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fnordiscordia
Quote from: DiL

either way it kicks arse

Got a URL?

Not anymore.  They are here in Or Kill Me, though, and all you have to do is dig.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Donkeyotay

Hehehe..Mebbe Eric n Aini will give you a little spot on their boards to post all your writings..altho it would either get immeditately plaguerized..or perhaps Eric would just repost it as his own with his lame ass references to Malaclypse living in his pineal gland interspersed among the good writing