News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by Enrico Salazar, December 05, 2005, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

An Ouroboros around an ankle would be hot...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Yeah, but only if you could get an effect like your leg was a block of stone, and the Ouroboros was carved out of it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 06:20:49 PMYeah, but only if you could get an effect like your leg was a block of stone, and the Ouroboros was carved out of it.

.. because? i don't get the reference, i'm afraid.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Because it would be cool for it to looked carved out, rather than just a tattoo of a snake eating its tail.

Suu

Wow...that would be a neat effect.

Talking last night to one of the artists about a friend that wants a Spiderman piece, he was like, "Even better would be to make a half sleeve of skin ripping and showing the Spiderman suit underneath."

It would be a LOT of work, but it would be worth it. The guys I go to win all sorts of awards.

I'm more or less using the smaller pieces on my legs to get warmed up for my back.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

On the downside, it would be a fucking Spiderman tattoo.

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 06:27:01 PM
Because it would be cool for it to looked carved out, rather than just a tattoo of a snake eating its tail.

By Scarification maybe?  
It'd be a lot of fine work, but the depth you can get with the resulting scar would add somethign to it.  
You would have to get it done differently from most scars, just so it doen't look like a design done w/ puffed out scar-tissue.  (Scar for the internal detail and branding for the edges maybe?)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 06:14:55 PM
i love the red glowy effect, suu!

IF i'm ever going to have a tattoo, it's going to be an ouroboros wrapped around some body part, leg, arm, finger, wrist, i dunno.

That's been one of my musings on potential ink too.  Possibly wrapped into a mobius strip, jsut to be pseudo original  :wink:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on February 21, 2008, 06:38:12 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 06:27:01 PM

By Scarification maybe?  
It'd be a lot of fine work, but the depth you can get with the resulting scar would add somethign to it.  
You would have to get it done differently from most scars, just so it doen't look like a design done w/ puffed out scar-tissue.  (Scar for the internal detail and branding for the edges maybe?)

I was thinking more trompe l'oil, but that might work, too.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Richter on February 21, 2008, 06:38:12 PMBy Scarification maybe?

:eek:

okay fuck that shit, i'm getting a ring.

Quote from: Richter on February 21, 2008, 06:41:15 PMThat's been one of my musings on potential ink too.  Possibly wrapped into a mobius strip, jsut to be pseudo original  :wink:

i don't wanna be original, it's the ouroboros! one of the oldest symbols out there. adding a moebius strip to it would just take away from it, IMO.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 06:14:55 PM
i love the red glowy effect, suu!

:-P

j/k

IF i'm ever going to have a tattoo, it's going to be an ouroboros wrapped around some body part, leg, arm, finger, wrist, i dunno.

but i think i'm just going to have it customly made into a ring some day when i have the moneys for it (cause i dont really want a tattoo)

.. except that i heard that the female wizards in the wheel of time fantasy series have rings like these. which kinda sucks because i don't want it out of any geekness symbol for a fantasy book i'm never going to read anyway, but because i think the ouroboros is one of the coolest symbols ever.

I am guilty of reading that series and wanting that ring. I even found someplace online that sells 'em, so when I get thirty bucks to spare, I will be buying one. :oops:

I have one tattoo that I've always considered getting. But I never will. It is still cool, though, cause it involves a möbius strip. Yay geeking!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
On the downside, it would be a fucking Spiderman tattoo.

Meanwhile, Mr. Suu was talked into a Spawn sleeve last night. But Spawn > Spiderman, IMO.

LMNO

I can't believe they made a comic book out of that shitty movie.
  \
:mullet:

Triple Zero

i can't believe that crappy movie has such an incredibly awesome soundtrack.

(even though it's probably got .. let me count .. like, zero vocoders or something. that's like, infinity too less! and still it's a cool album)

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2008, 07:15:33 PM
I can't believe they made a comic book out of that shitty movie.
  \
:mullet:

...You have no idea how many times I've heard that.  :argh!: