News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

The War against Sobriety

Started by Ben, May 02, 2005, 05:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

yeah, if I remember correctly, THEY never officially admitted to anything of the sort....any admissions to that effect came from disgruntled former operatives, which usually is an indication of a lack of credibility...

however, those of us who run (or used to run) in certain circles have heard the story from the other side, and it would appear that disgruntled former agents or not, it's all true.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: T'ai Kungyeah, if I remember correctly, THEY never officially admitted to anything of the sort....any admissions to that effect came from disgruntled former operatives, which usually is an indication of a lack of credibility...

however, those of us who run (or used to run) in certain circles have heard the story from the other side, and it would appear that disgruntled former agents or not, it's all true.

8)

LA Times, in 1997, I believe.  They admitted to it, but it in NO way resembled an apology.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: T'ai Kungyeah, if I remember correctly, THEY never officially admitted to anything of the sort....any admissions to that effect came from disgruntled former operatives, which usually is an indication of a lack of credibility...

8)
THEY never admit anything.

The agents are discredited because they speak out.

THEY denied the Iran Contra connection for a long time too.  Ask Ollie North.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine

8)

LA Times, in 1997, I believe.  They admitted to it, but it in NO way resembled an apology.

thanks...I'll check out their archives and if I can find it, I'll post a link to the story...I didn't move to LA until '99 so I wouldn't have seen it when it came out.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"