THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

AFK

Quote from: vexati0n on January 09, 2008, 07:11:40 AM
Also just in: Ron Paul placed 28th, just behind write-in candidate Cookie Monster. Apparently, you can't win primaries by spamming Digg and /b/ from mommy's basement. Who knew?

What's even more hilarious is that Giuliani only finished 1% ahead of Ron Paul. 

Also, note to John McCain.  When you win a Primary don't fucking READ your victory speech.  Goddamn, it was like watching a 4th grader give a book report. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

:lulz:

I heard it was pretty tight between Obama and Clinton, at least according to the Liberal Conspiracy (a British blog group, and also a group of people who keep CONTROLLING THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA).  Clinton was expected to win lots of areas in new Hampshire, and the idea was to campaign heavily there to invoke parallels with the first Clinton campaign.  When Bill won NH, he was hailed by the media as the "comeback kid", as you may recall.  Directly tying Hillary's fate in with Bill's is a cornerstone of her campaign strategy.

Cramulus

I agree Cain, I've been following the Republitards much more closely than the Demotards this year.

I'm real happy for McCain. I thought he was through but the old bastard's still got some fight left in him. Where's the next primary -- South Carolina? Isn't Huckabee really strong there? Doesn't matter, he's fucked.

If it comes down to Hillary vs McCain I'll probably give seven faces of the d20 to Hillary and ten to McCain. (leaving three faces for NOODLE PARTY 08)

Cain

I agree, I thought McCain was dead in the water and Giuliani was a shoe-in.  Then all the steam went out of the latter's campaign about 4 weeks ago.  The BBC prediction of wanting centrists seems to be playing out.

Cramulus

Yeah, the Democrat game this year is Radical Change
The Republican game this year is to be the most moderate

Has anyone been following the Daily Show's roast of the word Change? They've assembled a wonderful montage of every time in the last week a Democrat candidate has said the word "CHANGE" or "I stand for CHANGE" or "Which candidate represents CHANGE?"

Jon Stewart last night was so spot-on... his impression of Hillary: (paraphrasing) "I can make CHANGE. Anybody got a Ten? Feed it into my mouth, I'll spit out a five and five singles!"

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 09, 2008, 04:09:18 PM
I agree Cain, I've been following the Republitards much more closely than the Demotards this year.

I'm real happy for McCain. I thought he was through but the old bastard's still got some fight left in him. Where's the next primary -- South Carolina? Isn't Huckabee really strong there? Doesn't matter, he's fucked.

If it comes down to Hillary vs McCain I'll probably give seven faces of the d20 to Hillary and ten to McCain. (leaving three faces for NOODLE PARTY 08)
IM GONNA WIN TEH ELECKSHUN

Suu

I'm thinking of getting some Noodle Party stickers made out of LMNO's graphics.  :mrgreen:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

the site that LMNO uses to make them will actually sell you those exact custom stickers pretty cheap.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 09, 2008, 04:09:18 PM

Michigan if first.  Also, I was listening to a Republican insider on the radio this morning.  He says he's heard it directly from Christians voting in the NH primary that some of them are not voting for Romney because of the Mormon thing alone.  I know, I know, not a big shocker really.  I think he will se more of this, especially in states like South Carolina.  He has more money but I think he has too many hurdles.  Giuliani, meanwhile is hoping that these results continue to be spread out between McCain, Huckabee and Romney and that he will rise above the ashes starting in Florida. 

Cramulus

On the Daily Show last night:

Giuliani's Advisor: The more you learn about Ron Paul, the more disturbing you'll find elements of his personality
Jon Stewart: Really? You should check out your guy.
Giuliani's Advisor: uhhh uhhhhhmm... uhhh....
Jon Stewart: MY BRAIN ISN'T ON STRIKE, MAN!

AFK

LMNO

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 09, 2008, 05:38:12 PM
On the Daily Show last night:

Giuliani's Advisor: The more you learn about Ron Paul, the more disturbing you'll find elements of his personality
Jon Stewart: Really? You should check out your guy.
Giuliani's Advisor: uhhh uhhhhhmm... uhhh....
Jon Stewart: MY BRAIN ISN'T ON STRIKE, MAN!

Wow.  I guess I should start watching again.