Started by Lupernikes_shadowbark, September 01, 2008, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Life isn't fair.  Wear a helmet.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

only when I'm riding my bicycle, otherwise I look daft

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 08, 2008, 07:34:16 PM
be that as it may, they're still my opinions and important to me.  I think I should be entitled to change them  at my own pace and in my own way.  Fair?

Fair, if you also agree to keep your moronic ideas to yourself, and not let us see them.

My overdeveloped frontal lobes ache when I read some of your stuff.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

is there any reason why you feel the need to get personal with people you disagree with?

BADGE OF HONOR

Life isn't fair.  Wear a helmet.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Lupernikes_shadowbark

like i said to LMNO, only when riding my bike

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

Quote from: LMNO on September 08, 2008, 07:31:31 PM
But... your opinions stem from misinformed ideas and hypotheses that don't hold water.
be that as it may, they're still my opinions and important to me. 

So.... you agree that you opinions are horribly wrong, but you consider them important?

Chairman Risus

Quote from: LMNO on September 08, 2008, 07:31:31 PM
But... your opinions stem from misinformed ideas and hypotheses that don't hold water.

That's because the aliens hate water.

Lupernikes_shadowbark

please don't put words into my mouth, thank you...I didn't say that

so you and some others are obviously very up on scientific thought and theory and I am not.  This makes me wrong in your opinion which is fine.  Why not accept that I can have another opinion and leave it there?

Cain

Oh man...wasn't that the last film he made before he went totally batshit?

LMNO

Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 08, 2008, 07:50:12 PM
please don't put words into my mouth, thank you...I didn't say that

so you and some others are obviously very up on scientific thought and theory and I am not.  This makes me wrong in your opinion which is fine.  Why not accept that I can have another opinion and leave it there?

Because you can't coherently explain what you think..

Welcome to PD.com.  Prepare to defend yourself.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Roo on September 08, 2008, 04:49:51 PM

Quote from: GA on September 08, 2008, 02:07:50 PM
Quote from: Lupernikes_shadowbark on September 08, 2008, 01:34:13 PM
If you can imagine, perhaps you don't have to be wrong, perhaps you subconciously give shape to some energy or suchlike?

Think about that sentence for a second.  Are you really saying that by believing in something, mystic energies will contort themselves to humor you?  That simply by imagining things they become real?
Wouldn't that be a kicker? Suppose for a second that were true. Think about all the wars, poverty, abuses of power and people, all the things that are wrong with the world...what if we make them real by believing they are? What if we could change those things simply by imagining something else?

It's a fucked up hypothesis at this point. We have no way to prove it even if it were true. And yet, some of my experiences suggest that it might be. Not in the sense of mystic energies contorting themselves to humor me, but in the sense of being part of those mystical energies, and having the ability to shape and manipulate them through thought and belief. 

A lot of people I've discussed the idea with tend to throw in "well, what about the victims?" What about the people who get raped, or murdered, or hit by some natural disaster? Are you saying it's their fault? That they thought or believed what happened to them into existence?". I can't say no without shooting down the whole hypothesis, and I can't say yes without some people taking it as blaming the victims. So I'll take the chance on people thinking I'm blaming the victims, and say that each of us is ultimately responsible for our lives. We are responsible for our thoughts and beliefs, and have the power to change those as we wish. We can accept whatever we were taught, and go through life believing without understanding, or we can question what we were taught, and decide whether or not to keep those beliefs. In essence, there are no victims, only people experiencing life in all its complexity. There is no blame, only choices and consequences.

didn't you get verbally gang-raped last time you brought up this idiotic idea of yours?

and didn't you deserve it?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

be that as it may, they're still my opinions and important to me.  I think I should be entitled to change them  at my own pace and in my own way.  Fair?

knowing that you hold an opnion that is misinformed and/or factually wrong and deliberately not immediately adjusting your thinking to reflect your newfound knowledge is the height of ignorance.

if this is actually representative of your thought process, you should probably DIAF.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"