Started by Jenne, October 25, 2008, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

vegans eat yeast??

but they're ALIIIIIIIVE!!!
they have FEEEEEEEEEEEEELINGS!!!

LMNO

Jenne

:lol:  My friend's not an "alternativist" when it comes to foods--she'd rather go the whole raw food thing than anything.  But she's just got this long-ass list of what she's allergic to (soy, non-organic meats and cheeses, etc.).  Though we got her shit-faced drunk this weekend and found out drunkenness finds the lie to that easily.  :lol:

Kai

Makin my famous homemade potato soup again. Potatoes, onions, thyme, and a little chicken stock in water on the stove now, starting to boil.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

Yum!  I made this when you gave me the recipe before--tis the best!

Made this kickass chicken breast today--seared on both sides with olive oil and crushed garlic, salted with taco seasoning, added water and red onions.  My my my.  Used it in fresh mex for dinner.

LMNO

Okay, folks... I made some short ribs last night, chili and coffee braised.  They are freakin awesome.

Thing is, I made wayyyyy too much.  Now I have ultra-tender beef shortribs in the fridge.

Looking for suggestions.  I don't have aborio rice, or I'd do risotto.  Maybe a mac&cheese variant would be good...

You give advice now.

Jenne

wtf?  I know I answered this...

I said chili, fajitas and something else I don't remember.

Also, I'm making your Kale Soup today, I think.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 20, 2009, 03:15:25 PM
Okay, folks... I made some short ribs last night, chili and coffee braised.  They are freakin awesome.

Thing is, I made wayyyyy too much.  Now I have ultra-tender beef shortribs in the fridge.

Looking for suggestions.  I don't have aborio rice, or I'd do risotto.  Maybe a mac&cheese variant would be good...

You give advice now.

YOU POOR MAN

I FEEL FOR YOU

SEND THEM TO ME, I'LL SAVE YOU.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

here's my advice: don't fall for it when those windbag culinary "experts" on TV tell you that coffee is the trendy new savory flavor.

as for the short ribs? I'd make a banh mi out of it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Well, the Mrs didn't feel like the traditional red wine braise, so we took a shot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 23, 2009, 03:01:24 PM
And I want my taint licked.

:fap:

You'll have to ask your wife how she feels about that.

Jenne

Quote from: Jenne on January 22, 2009, 06:04:54 PM
wtf?  I know I answered this...

I said chili, fajitas and something else I don't remember.

Also, I'm making your Kale Soup today, I think.

I did this.  I used a lemongrass and corn creamy soup base, mostly because my veggie friend was over again so I had to make one with the spicy chicken sausage and one without.

Both soups were teh awesomest, and I got bangup kudos all around, so thanks, LMNO!