News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dimocritus

Bleggh. My stupid bass player picked up a rack of something called "Beer 30." That stuff makes natty's and PBR look like craft beer...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Rumckle

Lol, I think I tried that in Toronto, it was terrible.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Rumckle on January 23, 2010, 05:02:31 AM
Lol, I think I tried that in Toronto, it was terrible.

If you did, it was.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

phi

I am headed to Montreal soon for a few days. Do the Canads know how to brew?
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Rumckle

Try Propeller, it's a Nova Scotian brewery. Unfortunately I've only tried their Extra Special Bitter, but that stuff was really good, nice, bitter and clean.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yesterday after our hike, EOT and I stopped at the beer store. This one was DELICIOUS!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

YES!
I've had that on tap at the pub I go to.
It is indeed fantastic.
I like maibocks.

E.O.T.

THERE'S

a special buzz to Bock beers.

YOUR

local pub rocks!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 20, 2010, 02:29:28 AM
YES!
I've had that on tap at the pub I go to.
It is indeed fantastic.
I like maibocks.

I am envy you of your local pub.

Because I think mine has two beers on tap. Both good, both nondescript.

The pub NEXT to it has a huge array of fanfuckingtastic beers, but the ambiance is somewhat offputting and the hours are terrible.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

awe :(  i hate it when a place has great stuff but the atmosphere and/or crowd sucks.

this place is called Redlight Redlight.
I love it. The owner used to be mr squid's neighbor, he's pretty nice. and all the rest of the staff is pretty cool.
They have like 20 taps? i wanna say?
and a shit ton of bottles.
If you want it, they probably have it and they change the taps quite often so every week there's something new.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hope you don't mind me posting our latest beer adventures in your thread. Here's another one from the aforementioned beer purveyor:

A perfectly decent beer, but after the Primator, it was kind of disappointing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 20, 2010, 11:26:19 PM
have you tried any http://www.mendobrew.com/brews/red_tail.html  :?

If you know a way that we can send some thru the post, I'll send you up a tail, eye of the hawk and a blue herron.

But every beer I've ever sent anywhere has either:

1. not made it
2. made it in little tiny shards
3. ????

I'm pretty sure I've seen those around here... I'll doublecheck next time I'm at the store! Mailing pressurized liquids is definitely a sketchy proposition. I'd say teh best way is probably to wrap each bottle in a couple of layers of bubblewrap, tape them all together tightly, and then put them in a small styrofoam cooler inside a box. Make sure that nothing moves when you shake it, and I'd say odds are good of it arriving whole.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 20, 2010, 11:26:19 PM
have you tried any http://www.mendobrew.com/brews/red_tail.html  :?

If you know a way that we can send some thru the post, I'll send you up a tail, eye of the hawk and a blue herron.

But every beer I've ever sent anywhere has either:

1. not made it
2. made it in little tiny shards
3. ????

I've had the red tail ale and one other from Mendocino.
It wasn't too bad but wasn't my fav.

Nigel, I think I saw that beer at the Russian import store. Didn't try it though.