News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

They no longer have Terrapin wake and bake at my favorite pub. :(:(:(
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Kai on February 22, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
They no longer have Terrapin wake and bake at my favorite pub. :(:(:(

this is a sad day.
let us have a moment of silence.

Suu

In honor of this sad day, I will see if I can acquire some north of the Mason Dixon like for consumption...for myself. (Or in keg form at my bar.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We got this thing at the beer store:

51 ounces of 8% for $3.99. We figured it would taste like malt liquor, but it's actually pretty damn tasty. We have a new winner!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Good beer in a plastic bottle...??

I'm not really sure what sort of face to make at that. I'm a little weirded out.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on February 23, 2010, 03:37:04 AM
Good beer in a plastic bottle...??

I'm not really sure what sort of face to make at that. I'm a little weirded out.

It was unexpected. And very, very inexpensive. If the beer store wasn't completely out of the way I'd say we should go get one to have with our sandwiches on the hike tomorrow.

The hike which I am ridiculously excited for.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz:  what the shit??

And it was good? Please, DO tell...

Jenne

That Red Tail is currently sold in Trader Joe's down here.  Might I should get me some.  Beer in a plastic bottle--intriguing!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 23, 2010, 06:29:02 AM
:lulz:  what the shit??

And it was good? Please, DO tell...

Totally tasty. A lot heavier and richer than the lagers I'm accustomed to, a teeny bit on the sweet side, not very hoppy, but fairly nutty and complex. I've paid way more for beer that wasn't as good, so overall I'm fairly blown away at being able to buy 51 oz of a beer that tasty (in a plastic bottle!) for $3.99. It makes me want to get an extra fridge and stock it with them in lieu of building another kegerator.

Thank you, Mother Russia!

The beer we drank on our hike was weird. I'll post pics later.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jenne

...went in to pick up a pizza at this very cool bistro near me (and they make homemade mac-n-cheeses that take up a full 1/3 of their menu, all different kinds of homemade mack-n-cheese...daaaamn), and ordered a beer while I waited for my order.  (yes, I'm getting to the point)

I looked at the row of beer bottles up on the counter that was their way of saying what they offered, and saw an Abita Amber.  Ordered it.  When she brought it to me, it was turned around so I only saw the back of the label.  I was a few sips into it before I noticed, damn, this is awfully SWEET to be an AMBER.  Turns out, she gave me the Purple Haze instead.

So NOW I have to go get MOAR Purple Haze.  Because damn that shit hit the spot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This was actually from last week:

Just a random six-pack. Totally drinkable, unmemorable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This was the one from our hike:

I'm going to go with "weird and kind of gross".