News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Seriously. Organic fruits are supposed to be BETTER.  :?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's because only hippies would make organic beer, and hippies are naturally incompetent and ruin everything.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

:lulz:  Poor hippies, always doin' it wrong.   I've had a couple of bottles of decent organic wine, but they were picked out by someone who knows the business and is an actual sommelier when she can sustain her waiter-gigs.

LMNO

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 09, 2010, 05:40:23 PM
I've noticed a trend myself. And organic wines are invariably awful.

Wait, what?

Lolonis has a great Old Vine Red, and Coturri wines have some of the best bottles I've ever had.

PeregrineBF

IIRC there was a double-blind study done, found people couldn't detect any difference in taste between organic and non-organic foods.
Of course, that doesn't mean that avoiding trace quantities of pesticide in your food is a bad idea.

Good ale. Excellent malted smokey flavour, not particularly bitter. Mid-lasting aftertaste. Excellent head, medium body. Easily drinkable. 7.2%ABV. Stone Brewery makes some excellent beers.

LMNO

Quote from: PeregrineBF on March 09, 2010, 07:44:37 PM
IIRC there was a double-blind study done, found people couldn't detect any difference in taste between organic and non-organic foods.
Of course, that doesn't mean that avoiding trace quantities of pesticide in your food is a bad idea.

Irrelevant.  Nigel stated that organic wines tasted bad.  I countered with at least 2 (oh, the Roshambo white is also really good), uh at least three organic wines that were really good.

Whether or not you can "tell" they are organic is not the point.  Taste is the point.

PeregrineBF

Taste is the point. That's the whole deal of the study, there is no difference in taste. Thus, organic/not organic shouldn't matter for taste, and it's just that many wines are shitty vinegar-in-a-bottle that's causing the problem.

LMNO

Jenne

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/ http://www.freewebs.com/johnnydrunkenirishman/Oaked%20Arrogant%20Bastard.JPG

Good ale. Excellent malted smokey flavour, not particularly bitter. Mid-lasting aftertaste. Excellent head, medium body. Easily drinkable. 7.2%ABV. Stone Brewery makes some excellent beers.

[being total braggart] I hang out with the fam at Stone quite a bit--they're like 5 mins from my brother's house.  Last time I was there was superbowl Sunday.  But I had their blackberry cider for a change.  Also bought a growler of their Arrogant Bastard, need to go refill it, as a matter of fact. [/total braggart]

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Jenne on March 09, 2010, 08:33:04 PM

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/ http://www.freewebs.com/johnnydrunkenirishman/Oaked%20Arrogant%20Bastard.JPG

[being total braggart] I hang out with the fam at Stone quite a bit--they're like 5 mins from my brother's house.  Last time I was there was superbowl Sunday.  But I had their blackberry cider for a change.  Also bought a growler of their Arrogant Bastard, need to go refill it, as a matter of fact. [/total braggart]

I'm jealous.  Stone is my favorite brewery.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on March 09, 2010, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 09, 2010, 05:40:23 PM
I've noticed a trend myself. And organic wines are invariably awful.

Wait, what?

Lolonis has a great Old Vine Red, and Coturri wines have some of the best bottles I've ever had.

Never heard of 'em. Regionals?

But the organic wines I've had were predictably awful.

I'm sure there must be decent ones out there, but for the most part I avoid them because I've had so many that sucked.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey LMNO:

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 09, 2010, 07:04:35 PM
I think it's because only hippies would make organic beer, and hippies are naturally incompetent and ruin everything.

Have you heard of R-prime? It's fun, you should pull the correctness-stick out of your butt and try it sometime.

Jenne

Quote from: EoC on March 09, 2010, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 09, 2010, 08:33:04 PM

I'm jealous.  Stone is my favorite brewery.

Welp, if you're ever in town...

Triple Zero

Btw there's three different Leffe's. Leffe Blonde, Leffe Dubbel and Leffe Tripel. I generally like Blonde and Tripel over the Dubbel beers. That's cause they add extra sugar for the double but not for the triple fermenting. So the triple is dryer and fresher. And double is always brown for some reason, I forgot why. I usually like my beers yellow.

Leffe, however, is a pretty big brand, so it's good for having a nice sweet yellow blonde that's available nearly everywhere, but, like you guys, when I want a more "special" beer, I go for the more obscure labels :-P
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.