News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 27, 2010, 04:19:14 PM
TurboDog is ok. Not the best but not the worst.
Abita stuff is kinda hit or miss.

Also- I just can't get excited about Sam Adams. I'm sure it's getting increasingly better, but meh. At least they're trying though.

I get excited for Oktoberfest because that means I don't have to smell Sam Summer anymore....Seriously, they run the beer from April to September, you get sick of it REALLY fast.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 27, 2010, 11:38:03 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 27, 2010, 04:19:14 PM
TurboDog is ok. Not the best but not the worst.
Abita stuff is kinda hit or miss.

Also- I just can't get excited about Sam Adams. I'm sure it's getting increasingly better, but meh. At least they're trying though.

I get excited for Oktoberfest because that means I don't have to smell Sam Summer anymore....Seriously, they run the beer from April to September, you get sick of it REALLY fast.

Oh, I didn't know that's what you meant.

Hawk,
slow on the uptake.

Suu

You have to remember that Sam is one of our "locals". It's inescapable up here. It's even our stadium beer.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 28, 2010, 12:34:52 AM
You have to remember that Sam is one of our "locals". It's inescapable up here. It's even our stadium beer.
That blows. Never understood the hype around Sam.

But then again I drink Newcastle and like it, so my opinion is kinda null.

Dysnomia

Sam Summer is :vom:

But I recently tried their blackberry one and it was better than I thought it would be.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Sir Squid Diddimus

I was drinking Hofbrau and Bell's 2 Hearted ale all night.
Then I ate some bad tex-mex and now want to puke but can't waste food so i'll just keep it down.

go me!!

Suu

This weekend my friend picked up a case of Lithuanian beer, Švyturys.

It's a plain ol' lager, like Budweiser...but Lithuanian. Plus the Lithuanian label draws lots of attention, and it made me feel worldly.  :mrgreen:

Edit: Sorry, it's technically a Dortmunder, not a lager.

Sir Squid Diddimus

This past Saturday I went to the Orlando Brewery for their Oktober fest and had some of the worst beer of my life.
It tasted like Florida sock water with yeast. Mmm. Delicious.
A girl I know there had 2 free 1/2L dimpled mugs for me, so it wasn't a total loss. It was just torture trying to choke down the awful asswater they put in them.

Now I know some of you are thinking "But it's a Florida brewery. You know nothing good comes out of that swamp", but this isn't true. Cigar City has made some fantastic beers. It just happens that this crap factory in Orlando doesn't give a shit about quality. They'd rather boast about being organic.

MEGAFAIL

Suu

Organic beer sucks no matter where you get it from.

Jenne

...the organic beer I had up in Northern Cali this summer was actually quite good.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Most beer is nearly organic anyway.
it's just a label people keep putting on crap to make hippies part with their money.

This beer was just absolute shit. There isn't a thing in the world that would make it taste better.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on September 27, 2010, 06:03:52 PM
Most beer is nearly organic anyway.

I know I'm not drinking any inorganic beer.  It would probably be fatal.
Molon Lube

Rumckle

I think I have a new favourite beer, Barons Pale Ale. I think they might be a new brewery, (their website is under construction still).

Anyway, I suck at describing taste but:

The flavours aren't particularly strong, but it the beer definitely isn't bland. The taste is well balanced, with a bit of malt, and hints of fruit, which blend seamlessly into a slightly hoppy finish.

I am also trying their lager at the moment, which is also rather nice, but not as good as the pale ale.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Suu

I've had Baron's Black Wattle! It's gotten hard to get in the states now though. What a cool beer!

Jenne

http://www.lhasabeerusa.com

Anyone tried that particular beer?  Just got one (the end of the case sales they have at Cost Plus/World Market) and thought it'd be a kick to try.