News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Aaaaaaaaand They're Off!

Started by SpazztheCelestial, October 24, 2009, 06:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

The nasal spray is a live virus--so anyone who gets it needs to not be immuno-compromised, already sick, or the more vulnerable part of the population.  The shot is the dead virus, so it's safer.

I got it yesterday afternoon, and I felt a twinge in the arm late last night before going to bed, and that was it.  The regular flu shot gave me a stiff, sore arm for at least a day and a half.  With this one, I was sleeping on the actual side it was given last night.  *shrug*  But then, like I said elsewhere, I don't have reactions to flu shots really, just where the shot was given some residual soreness, and that's with EVERY shot I get.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SpazztheCelestial on October 25, 2009, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 25, 2009, 01:23:53 PM

who the fuck cares about the vaccins? i mean, you get a flu shot. boo hoo. big fucking deal.

In addition, FUCK YOU my baby brother DIED from getting a fucking flu shot.

And WTF is a vaccin?

And thousands more babies have died from getting the flu. Your baby brother probably was receiving the shot because he was high-risk for dying from the flu. What's your point?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SpazztheCelestial on October 26, 2009, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2009, 01:49:27 PM
vaccine, sorry. in Dutch we write vaccin, I never noticed the difference before.

your baby brother really died because of a flu shot? sorry to hear that. i can imagine you're worried about mandatory flu shots then.

and that news article, what about it? except that it's related to bio research on strains of flu, what's it got to do with the topic? (also, did you check out the kind of paper Toronto Sun is?)
The article mentions that Baxter, a major manufacturer of vaccines used in the US, "accidentally" distributed material containing live avian flu virus to be included in the experimental phase of manufacturing some new vaccine. I find this disturbing. Here in the US, some hospitals and public health departments are already mandating H1N1 vaccination for health care workers,which I happen to be. There's a very good chance that any vaccine you receive will be made by Baxter, who, thanks to the PREP Act, is immune to litigation if one of their "experimental" H1N1 vaccines happens to kill or disable you. I find this disturbing as well. If these fucking idiots don't even know what's in their vaccine, then I should be able to sue them if it fucks me up.

No,I didn't research the Toronto Sun prior to posting the link. I Googled "Baxter bird flu accident" and snagged the first source that I found. I have since checked it out  and the general consensus seems to be that it sucks a little more than Fox News-so my apologies for inflicting you with it.

No. My baby brother didn't die from getting a flu shot. That was a complete fabrication. He was crushed to death in our driveway by my coked-up asshat of a stepfather.

Sooo... "material" containing the live vaccine accidentally went out in the packages for experimental manufacturing. And this is a threat to public health how? It's not like this material wouldn't have been (as it, indeed, was) discovered.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Storebrand

The military didn't have any service members vaccinated against H1N1, just the regular flu.  Just FYI...  Personally, I'm happy about it.  I never caught the flu until they started shooting that crap up my nose.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SpazztheCelestial on October 24, 2009, 07:10:33 PM
I think the whole H1N1 thing is a scam cooked up to make money for Pharma and whittle  away a few more of our civil liberties. Declaring a "national emergency" is just the beginning.Mark my words-this will not end well. I just don't trust these greedy rat bastards one bit.

Well, Spazz was right.  We beat the flu, but there's a tank on every street corner.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

who the fuck cares about the vaccins? i mean, you get a flu shot. boo hoo. big fucking deal.

And WTF is a vaccin?

Have stronger siblings.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 05, 2011, 05:49:52 PM

And WTF is a vaccin?

Have stronger siblings.

Is this what inspired the FUCK YOU my mom DIED from [insert here]?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

President Television

Quote from: SpazztheCelestial on October 24, 2009, 06:43:27 PM
Time to round up the sheeple's and give 'em all their nice shots. I'll being paying extra special attention to what's happening in the backround once this gets into full swing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091024/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_swine_flu

Spazz-Paranoid Conspiracy Nutjob

You know, I've always hated the word "sheeple".
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Don Coyote

in 09 i was vaccinated against the h1n1. just saying.

Sister Fracture

I wasn't, and neither was my monkey. Never got it either.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 05, 2011, 09:49:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 05, 2011, 05:49:52 PM

And WTF is a vaccin?

Have stronger siblings.

Is this what inspired the FUCK YOU my mom DIED from [insert here]?

No, it was a couple things. I remember one of them was Cram's parody of type one diabetes as an insulin addiction, which I raged against not knowing it was a parody. Suu also raged against something else in the same manner.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish