News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Magic: Who thinks they can do it, and why otherwise intelligent people buy it.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 29, 2009, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shai Hulud

Quote from: JohNyx on January 11, 2010, 02:20:27 AM
Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:17:43 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 11, 2010, 02:14:06 AM
Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:12:06 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:09:38 AM
ETA:  You may also notice that I was responding to JohNyx, Sparky.

Get a room them.  Once you say it, it's out there for us all to tear apart.

A room with me? Fuck you, at least i was trying to be civil and have a constructive argument.

Sorry, didn't mean anything against you by it!  I appreciate your civility, it makes for a more productive debate.  Oh, and fuck you too for taking it too seriously.

:crankey: :crankey: :crankey:

Maybe that needed a smiley face on it or something, I was just kidding around.  Is there something about me that I can't say fuck you to people?  I'm just trying to get in with the spirit of things!  It's a fun debate, but I like and respect each one of you, even when I'm calling you a fuckhead.  I don't spare myself the same sort of criticism, if you notice.  Sure I'm sounds like a fourth year liberal arts student with too much time on my hands (and I'm actually too long past college for that to be true or charming) but I am enjoying  sharpening my argument against this sort of assault.

Let me right now personally apologize to Hustle, Nyx, Kai and Rog for anything that I said that offended you, didn't mean anything by it, all in good fun and so on.  And a big fuck you to all of you for not agreeing with me!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on January 11, 2010, 02:20:27 AM
Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:17:43 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 11, 2010, 02:14:06 AM
Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:12:06 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:09:38 AM
ETA:  You may also notice that I was responding to JohNyx, Sparky.

Get a room them.  Once you say it, it's out there for us all to tear apart.

A room with me? Fuck you, at least i was trying to be civil and have a constructive argument.

Sorry, didn't mean anything against you by it!  I appreciate your civility, it makes for a more productive debate.  Oh, and fuck you too for taking it too seriously.

:crankey: :crankey: :crankey:

Relax.  He's going to walk away from this mess and restart the conversation elsewhere, where you will be expected to pretend that the hilarious collection of preceding unprovoked insults toward yourself never occurred.

It's all good.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:21:12 AM
Quote from: Kai on January 11, 2010, 02:20:01 AM

Please tell me, if you will, how hypothesis testing is flawed. Please tell me how the scientific method is unable with confidence to test and retest every falsifiable hypothesis provided the technology is available. Because this bullshit is getting on my nerves, and you continue to say science is flawed over and over without providing any evidence of how the scientific method is unable to be used with confidence.

This I GOTTA see.  

The result will be some statement about how humans are so fatally flawed with subjectivity that even when a falsifiable hypothesis is tested millions and millions of times we'll have no clue.

Which is, of course, some of that "NOTHING IS REAL WE (may) LIVE IN THE MATRIX" stupid drivel.

None of these idiots ever provide any evidence for alternatives. They just like to give their imagination a good stroking and rudely spew their intellectual semen over bystanders.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:27:08 AM
It's a fun debate, but I like and respect each one of you, even when I'm calling you a fuckhead.

And I like and respect you when I call you a pseudo-intellectual twat.   :)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Johnny

Just, gawd, when im in the middle of arguing seriously with someone i dont break out into pinealistic gibberish or monkey behaviour, it wrecks the whole atmosphere.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on January 11, 2010, 02:28:52 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:21:12 AM

Please tell me, if you will, how hypothesis testing is flawed. Please tell me how the scientific method is unable with confidence to test and retest every falsifiable hypothesis provided the technology is available. Because this bullshit is getting on my nerves, and you continue to say science is flawed over and over without providing any evidence of how the scientific method is unable to be used with confidence.

This I GOTTA see.  

The result will be some statement about how humans are so fatally flawed with subjectivity that even when a falsifiable hypothesis is tested millions and millions of times we'll have no clue.

Which is, of course, some of that "NOTHING IS REAL WE (may) LIVE IN THE MATRIX" stupid drivel.

None of these idiots ever provide any evidence for alternatives. They just like to give their imagination a good stroking and rudely spew their intellectual semen over bystanders.

Sure.  But let's let him answer for himself.  Maybe he'll surprise us.

Protip:  Do not hold your breath.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on January 11, 2010, 02:29:28 AM
Just, gawd, when im in the middle of arguing seriously with someone i dont break out into pinealistic gibberish or monkey behaviour, it wrecks the whole atmosphere.

Yes, but you're not an enthusiast.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:29:11 AM
It's a fun debate, but I like and respect each one of you, even when I'm calling you a fuckhead.

I don't.

I'm also the only person on this forum that gets told FUCK YOU whenever it comes up in the news.

Also, fuck you Guy.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on January 11, 2010, 02:32:03 AM

I don't.

I'm also the only person on this forum that gets told FUCK YOU whenever it comes up in the news.

Also, fuck you Guy.

Now, now, Kai.  His view of the universe is an alternate, equally valid theory.

:lol:

TGRR,
Making bad situations worse better since the Johnson administration.

Shai Hulud

I'm having trouble keeping track of this conversation at this point.

But look, all joking aside this time, for the unprovoked insults by myself to Hustle, Kai, Nyx and Rog, again, I apologize.  It was poorly thought out on my part, maybe I took it too far, I'm still getting a feel for this place.  I do value this debate, so I wouldn't want to alienate any of you because of a joke gone wrong.

And did I hear pseudointellectual twat?  Sounds like somebody's read my comic.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:27:08 AMIs there something about me that I can't say fuck you to people?

Say it when you mean it. It's a personal attack, and that's how some people will take it. Wah, wah, wah  :fap:.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:34:03 AM

I'm having trouble keeping track of this conversation at this point.

But look, all joking aside this time, for the unprovoked insults by myself to Hustle, Kai, Nyx and Rog, again, I apologize.  It was poorly thought out on my part, maybe I took it too far, I'm still getting a feel for this place.  I do value this debate, so I wouldn't want to alienate any of you because of a joke gone wrong.

And did I hear pseudointellectual twat?  Sounds like somebody's read my comic.

I'm not taking anything personally.  We Gods can't do that, or we'd never get ANYTHING done.  I just want to hear what flaws you have found with the scientific method.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 02:33:51 AM
Quote from: Kai on January 11, 2010, 02:32:03 AM

I don't.

Also, fuck you Guy.

Now, now, Kai.  His view of the universe is an alternate, equally valid theory.

:lol:

TGRR,
Making bad situations worse better since the Johnson administration.

Roger, you are awesome and I love you and all, but if you ever use the word theory like that again, I will send Aput to snow you out of Tuscon. Okay?  :argh!:

The Johnny

Yes, im eager to hear that too.

Guy, apology accepted, but for today im done arguing about morality.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Shai Hulud

Quote from: Epimetheus on January 11, 2010, 02:35:12 AM
Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 02:27:08 AMIs there something about me that I can't say fuck you to people?

Say it when you mean it. It's a personal attack, and that's how some people will take it. Wah, wah, wah  :fap:.

No argument there, like I said, it was a poorly thought out on my part.