News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Female sexual dysfunction

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 03, 2010, 03:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

"Women may have a greater predisposition to select mates that will help take care of offspring often ignoring their own sex drive."

FIX'T
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

noir

Quote from: LMNO on June 04, 2010, 07:18:03 PM
Quote from: noir on June 04, 2010, 05:43:31 PM
It seems to me the only major difference between male and female sexual dysfunction is that stigma which is imposed by society. Society teaches us that a man that can't 'fuck bitches' is less of a man. Whereas a woman who is unable to get aroused is generally understood as an unfortunate but societally acceptable thing.

Conclusion: Modern western sexuality (at least from my own male perspective) is based almost entirely on ego. And where as it seems to me the female ego boost is derived from their partners desire to have sex with them, the male ego boost is derived much more from the act, the 'achievement'.

Only 14 posts in, and noir wins an internets.

+1 internets w00t

You know... I was going to comment further on this thread... but looking back... I have nothing more to say.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Kai wins thread

thank you Kai!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Kai on June 05, 2010, 01:41:02 AM
Most of the stuff on the last four pages is so full of bullshit I can smell cowpies through my screen.

Anybody can google. How many of you so called experts have ever actually studied animal behavior?

If you HAD, you'd know that males and females are in a coevolutionary arms race, of which BOTH are looking to pass on their genes to the next generation. The key to understanding mating systems in an evolutionary context is parental investment. In some organisms, like many insects, females are choosy and males mate often. In other's, males are more choosy than the females. Why? Because the males in those cases provide significantly more energy investment towards individual offspring than the females do, either with parental care, or sperm package size and composition.

In humans, gestation period is long, parental care lasts years, and pairs tend to mate monogamously. Guess what that means?

BOTH MALE AND FEMALE HUMANS ARE CHOOSY. Got it? Theres none of this stupid caveman shit about spreading sperm far and wide with females being the passive receivers. It's not in the males best interest, because biology and culture requires extended parental care for his offspring, and it's definitely not in the females interest to be a passive receiver for the same reason. Both actively seek out and selectively choose mates. Both have a reason, because both have strong parental investments and both aim to get their genes into the next generation.

Are we done with this male/female stereotype bullshit now?

:cn:

ETA: Social science is about establishing accurate stereotypes, not trying to indict an innate heuristic judgment that all humans are bound to.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Vene

Most of the stuff on the last four pages is so full of bullshit I can smell cowpies through my screen.

Anybody can google. How many of you so called experts have ever actually studied animal behavior?

If you HAD, you'd know that males and females are in a coevolutionary arms race, of which BOTH are looking to pass on their genes to the next generation. The key to understanding mating systems in an evolutionary context is parental investment. In some organisms, like many insects, females are choosy and males mate often. In other's, males are more choosy than the females. Why? Because the males in those cases provide significantly more energy investment towards individual offspring than the females do, either with parental care, or sperm package size and composition.

In humans, gestation period is long, parental care lasts years, and pairs tend to mate monogamously. Guess what that means?

BOTH MALE AND FEMALE HUMANS ARE CHOOSY. Got it? Theres none of this stupid caveman shit about spreading sperm far and wide with females being the passive receivers. It's not in the males best interest, because biology and culture requires extended parental care for his offspring, and it's definitely not in the females interest to be a passive receiver for the same reason. Both actively seek out and selectively choose mates. Both have a reason, because both have strong parental investments and both aim to get their genes into the next generation.

:fap:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on June 06, 2010, 07:48:48 AM

ETA: Social science is about establishing accurate stereotypes, not trying to indict an innate heuristic judgment that all humans are bound to.

Don't bother. You're arguing religion.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 07, 2010, 12:22:23 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on June 06, 2010, 07:48:48 AM

*whistle*

ECH gets a 15 yard penalty for unnecesary roughness.  :lulz:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on June 07, 2010, 06:51:26 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 07, 2010, 12:22:23 AM

:?

It means that no matter how correct your assertions are, they will never be right.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"