News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

So, here's what imma gonna do...

Started by Dimocritus, July 28, 2010, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

We're playing a show this weekend, and I had an interesting idea for an "activity" to bring a little more "fun" into the pit. I'm going to bring a stack of approx. 32 sealed envelopes and hand them out to select people/strangers with the instructions to NOT open the envelope until I give the word. Now, each envelope is going to contain a slip of paper with a simple instruction typed on it, and three or four songs into our set, I'm going to tell everyone that received an envelope to open it and read it to themselves, and when the song starts, perform the action written inside.

I have a couple ideas for some actions, such as "put your palms together over your head and jump up and down," "Give the person to your right a noogie," Give the person to your left a hug," "put your arms satraight out and spin in a circle" and I'm most likely going to have one that is actually a complex sereis of instructions designed to simply confuse the reader.

BUT, I need about 17 more actions, and I figured, hey, what better people to ask for suggestions.

So, have at it.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

LMNO

Have one that says, "I told you not to open it before I said so."

At a punk show, there's a pretty good chance that would work.

Zyzyx

"Start the can-can in your row"

"Do the truffle shuffle"

"Go get a beer, drink it"

For the record this thread attracted my attention when I saw the 'latest post' as "So, here's what imma" and thought we were going to immanentize the eschaton.  :evil:

Cramulus

great idea!

similar project, check out the mp3 experiment:

http://improveverywhere.com/2004/12/11/the-mp3-experiment/

they did three of these things

Dance as crazy as possible

Read the following out loud, over and over again: THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING SHOW I'VE EVER BEEN TO.

Put your thumb up in the air. Somebody else has this same message. Find the other person with their thumb in the air. This is your partner for the night.

Quick! Hand this note to somebody else! Now!

Sing along with the music. I know you don't know the words, just make shit up.

Cramulus

Read the following out loud, over and over again: <a bunch of wingdings>

In the break between songs, hug strangers

Do the Paraplegic Dance. That is, dance like you are handicapped.

High five as many people as possible. Somebody else has this note too. Find that guy and see who high fived more people.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 28, 2010, 04:06:34 PM
Have one that says, "I told you not to open it before I said so."

At a punk show, there's a pretty good chance that would work.

True...

Quote from: Cramulus on July 28, 2010, 04:15:42 PM
great idea!

similar project, check out the mp3 experiment:

http://improveverywhere.com/2004/12/11/the-mp3-experiment/

they did three of these things

Dance as crazy as possible

Read the following out loud, over and over again: THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING SHOW I'VE EVER BEEN TO.

Put your thumb up in the air. Somebody else has this same message. Find the other person with their thumb in the air. This is your partner for the night.

Quick! Hand this note to somebody else! Now!

Sing along with the music. I know you don't know the words, just make shit up.

I love you, Cram.

LMNO

Dimocritus

LMNO

You could really be evil and have one that says, "You must do the Electric Slide for the next three songs."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 28, 2010, 04:31:12 PM
You could really be evil and have one that says, "You must do the Electric Slide for the next three songs."

I also love you, Alphapance.

Any chance you can make it down on Friday?

LMNO

Got a friend from Philly coming in, we're gonna do some recording in my studio (i.e. the back room of my condo).  Sorry 'bout that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 28, 2010, 04:39:39 PM
Got a friend from Philly coming in, we're gonna do some recording in my studio (i.e. the back room of my condo).  Sorry 'bout that.

I take it this will have an effect on the neighbors?
Molon Lube

LMNO

There may be a higher-than-normal average of grown men shitting themselves, yes.

Jenne

"Run from room screaming at the top of your lungs.  Then come back in and sit quietly in your chair, keeping your eyes locked on the band for the rest of the set."

"Buy your neighbor a drink, tell them it's from the man across the room."

"Get up from your chair, run around it five times, sit back down and pant like a dog for 10 seconds."

"Do the Hokey Pokey to one whole song in the set."

"Ask your neighbor to demonstrate one hand clapping."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 28, 2010, 04:43:17 PM
There may be a higher-than-normal average of grown men shitting themselves, yes.

Then the Doktor approves.  I have found that neighbors are usually bad people, and need to be punished.
Molon Lube