ATTN: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU COMPREHENSION-IMPAIRED COCKMONGLERS...

Started by East Coast Hustle, October 19, 2010, 12:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Some thoughts:

1) I was so pleasantly surprised by the absolutely hilarious turn this thread took in the first 2 pages that I momentarily forgot that I was pissed in the first place.

2) Then the dipshits showed up. Fronkensteen might have biped potential, but only if she can keep herself from following in the footsteps of her boytoy. Firewillow is an absolutely irredeemable shitneck who does not now and never will rate having me start a thread directed at him. I don't know where Phox came from, but he should probably stop hanging out with the TCC anal polyps if he wants to make friends. It's like going to your first day of Junior High and going STRAIGHT to the retarded kids' lunch table without even TRYING to hang out with anyone who doesn't drool all over themselves first. Coyote is not included in my general hatred of people who came from TCC. And I'm not sure why people have beef with Glittersnatch, I think he's OK, if unspectacular.

3) The OP was about a whole lot more people than Roger and Charley, though they were two of the many people it was directed at. It was more a condemnation of an attitude I'd hate to see become irreversibly entrenched than it was an invective against specific posters.

4) Cram wins the fucking thread, by a mile.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Golden Applesauce

Cram, I do appreciate you trying to re-rail this thread back to humor, but if people want to get offended they will be.

Somehow this idea has gotten around that "hate" is good, and "shitting on people" is the default human interaction mode.

AND I'M FUCKING TIRED OF IT.

Conflict is not the worst thing ever, and we don't need to run around wearing those fake plastic smiles you see on people who's job depends on it.  Conflict and discord exist, they're a part of life.  We don't need greyfaces trying to enforce arbitrary rules that suck the fun out of life for the sake of preventing any kind of discord.

But that doesn't mean that discord is desirable for it's own sake.  I don't know what the rest of you want, but personally I would like for this forum to be a place where people can post without being afraid that they've hit the secret paranoid persecution complex tripwire that so many of us seem to have installed in our brains.

Here's what happened in this thread:
The OP started out a little pissed off.
Lots of people ran with the joke, and everyone was happy.
Then some posters continue the joke in a way they didn't mean to be offensive, but some people chose to take it as such.
Suddenly, people start circling the wagons, taking sides, pulling the "Ima defend a poster I like from a not-well-received joke" and "You guys aren't from around here, you must only be here to troll."
And shit starts flying.

I'm tired of this, because there's such a simple fix and I'd expect discordians to be the first to recognize it:
IF POINTLESS CONFLICT DOESN'T SUIT YOUR PURPOSES, THEN STOP.

About trolls:
People who you react to in a visceral, emotional way aren't trolls.
People who make you react in a visceral, emotional way are trolls.

When someone posts something they don't intend as flamebait, and you interpret it as suck, you're the one who created the flamebait.  It's all in your head - you're trolling YOURSELF.  And if you don't like getting trolled, then don't fucking take it out on the person who gave you the excuse to get angry because you're the one who fucking took it.

I should probably think this through and deliver a polished rant on the subject, but I have class in 8 hours and it takes me forever to fall asleep, so you only get this first draft.

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Sir Squid Diddimus

WHAT THE COCKS?? SHUT THE FUCK UP!! LOOK AT THIS GOD DAMNED KITTY!!

YOU HAVE NEVER SEEEEEEEEEN A KITTY SO DAMNED CUTE IN ALL YOUR MISERABLE TAILPIPE SUCKING LIVES!!

She's smiling because she knows how the movie ends.

bds

Triple Zero

Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 03:31:39 AM
I call BS on this.  Just because we troll one thread that was an apparent attack on us, that means we are trolling the entire forum?  I'm afraid you're assertion is going to require a little more evidence to be credible.

wait, did you just spammed so much large font into this thread that you forgot what the original (and very good) point of the OP was?

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

No u

Quote from: First City Hustle on October 19, 2010, 06:30:57 AM
Firewillow is an absolutely irredeemable shitneck who does not now and never will rate having me start a thread directed at him.

You're just pissy because you can't win an argument without resorting to ad hominem tactics.  

A lot of people here have earned my respect since I started posting here.  You, however, have yet to show me anything that remotely resembles humor or projects intelligence.

So keep going with your 3rd grade name-calling tactics.  It makes you look uberkewl to the other kids.  I, however, and completely unimpressed, and will file you among the lowlife cretin that I not to associate with.

Have a nice day. :)
WARNING!!
The preceding post may appear to make no sense.  Trying to make sense of this post may cause injury or even death.  Consult a physician before reading. 
Use with a good diet or exercise plan.  Do not read if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. 
Do not read if taking SSRI or tricyclic antidepressants, or if pregnant or lactating. 
After reading, if you have an erection for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention immediately. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2010, 03:46:55 AM
Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 03:45:37 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 19, 2010, 03:36:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2010, 03:35:35 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 19, 2010, 03:34:39 AM
Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 03:31:39 AMI call BS on this.  Just because we troll one thread that was an apparent attack on us, that means we are trolling the entire forum?  I'm afraid you're assertion is going to require a little more evidence to be credible.
Oh holy shit  :lulz: please tell me you meant that to be funny!
Pretty sure this was aimed at Charley and I for being dipsticks on the copyright thread.   :lulz:
I didn't read that one, but I've seen maybe a dozen instances of exactly what he's talking about in the OP in the last month, and I may have participated in them. But none of them were FW or Cheese.
I found what transpired over the last couple of days in the open bar to be a little more than coincidental with the appearance of this thread. I also find the corollary of mention of the forum from whence I came a bit suspicious as well. *shrugs*
Nope.  This thread was started because Charley and I were being shitheads in the copyright thread in OKM.

Nuh-uh!

I'm pretty sure this thread is aimed at ME because I'm taking a piss at myself in this thread feeling that I'm being targeted unjustly by myself while making broad generalisations about how I'm always singling out myself. About which I feel personally offended.

Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: First City Hustle on October 19, 2010, 06:30:57 AMFirewillow is an absolutely irredeemable shitneck who does not now and never will rate having me start a thread directed at him.
You're just pissy because you can't win an argument without resorting to ad hominem tactics.

Or, maybe, FCH doesn't need to win an argument without resorting to ad hominem.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

No u

I'm just going by what ove seen. Until I see otherwise, I'll stick with "can't."

And "win an argument without" was an unfortunate choice of words on my part. "Can't argue without" would gotten my point across much better.
WARNING!!
The preceding post may appear to make no sense.  Trying to make sense of this post may cause injury or even death.  Consult a physician before reading. 
Use with a good diet or exercise plan.  Do not read if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. 
Do not read if taking SSRI or tricyclic antidepressants, or if pregnant or lactating. 
After reading, if you have an erection for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention immediately. 

Payne

Why is that so important to you?

And you've outright admitted to trolling this board, and not even in general, but specifically one of the few people who hasn't ever demonstrated any kind of issue or problem ith you guys being here.

Is ECH's (apparent) inability to argue without resorting to ad hominem attacks that much more serious an internet "crime" than targetting one of the only genuinely nice people here or anywhere else?

"Do as I say, Not as I do"? Choke on it FW.

Triple Zero

Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 12:27:09 PM
And "win an argument without" was an unfortunate choice of words on my part. "Can't argue without" would gotten my point across much better.

Except, maybe, in some cases, FCH also doesn't need to argue without splattering ad hominems like a raging shit tornado caught in a cholera spray hose.

Do try again!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: No u on October 19, 2010, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: First City Hustle on October 19, 2010, 06:30:57 AM
Firewillow is an absolutely irredeemable shitneck who does not now and never will rate having me start a thread directed at him.

A lot of people here have earned my respect since I started posting here.  You, however, have yet to show me anything that remotely resembles humor or projects intelligence.

So keep going with your 3rd grade name-calling tactics.  It makes you look uberkewl to the other kids.  I, however, and completely unimpressed, and will file you among the lowlife cretin that I not to associate with.

Have a nice day. :)

Your opinion has been given all of the consideration which it merits. :)

I am, I must admit, thrilled that you've chosen not to associate with me, since that means you won't be posting at PD.com anymore (which, by default, is associating with me) and spagging up otherwise good threads with your utter failures of both humor and comprehension.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

The Next Day....

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on October 19, 2010, 06:56:30 AM
Cram, I do appreciate you trying to re-rail this thread back to humor, but if people want to get offended they will be.

I wasn't trying to re-rail or anything so much as my behavior had been predetermined by 40 ounces of miller genuine draft.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cramulus on October 19, 2010, 01:17:04 PM
The Next Day....

I wasn't trying to re-rail or anything so much as my behavior had been predetermined by 40 ounces of miller genuine draft.

Fuckk you Cram for being more humorous when beered than I am. :argh!: :argh!:

Cain

IF POINTLESS CONFLICT DOESN'T SUIT YOUR PURPOSES, THEN STOP.

What if it does, though?

I mean, it doesn't in my case, but I'm not actually participating in this wider thread.  Sometimes, that kind of behaviour annoys me, as well.  But I simply refuse to indulge in it any more, and generally ignore it when I see it.  People will either figure it out on their own, and stop (or continue, if the above caveat applies), or they'll never figure it out and stop.  Trying to involve yourself with the former will just bring down their scorn and suspicion on you, and the latter are never going to change anyway, so I don't really see the need to do anything about them.