News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Unlimited Wikileaks Shenanigans

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 22, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Quote from: BDS on December 01, 2010, 08:59:42 PM
Amazon were under massive political pressure, I'd imagine. I don't reallyyyy blame them, they are after all a company and not a site purporting to be anything other than that, but it would have been cool to see them standing up to government pressure.

I do, this isn't exactly a first offense for Amazon.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2010, 09:15:22 PM
Julian Assange "commits suicide" in a cell, or suffers a fatal mugging, or is involved in a nasty car crash...other Wikileaks staff report being followed, strange phone calls, have their places broken into...political pressure is put on Wikileaks financial backers, and the venture folds.

Anything happens to Julian or anyone else and the key to the Insurance file goes out. Thats probably the only reason he isnt dead already.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 01, 2010, 11:16:39 PM
Quote from: BDS on December 01, 2010, 08:59:42 PM
Amazon were under massive political pressure, I'd imagine. I don't reallyyyy blame them, they are after all a company and not a site purporting to be anything other than that, but it would have been cool to see them standing up to government pressure.

I do, this isn't exactly a first offense for Amazon.

From the wikileaks twitter.

QuoteIf Amazon are so uncomfortable with the first amendment, they should get out of the business of selling books.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

bds

I don't really understand the way your law works, but I'm fairly sure choosing not to sell certain books (or even choosing not to host certain websites) =/= violating the first amendment.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Amazon pulled their support 24 hours after being contacted by Joe Lieberman

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/01/wikileaks-website-cables-servers-amazon

QuoteThe US struck its first blow against WikiLeaks after Amazon.com pulled the plug on hosting the whistleblowing website in reaction to heavy political pressure.

The company announced it was cutting WikiLeaks off yesterday only 24 hours after being contacted by the staff of Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate's committee on homeland security. . . .

While freedom of speech is a sensitive issue in the US, scope for a full-blown row is limited, given that Democrats and Republicans will largely applaud Amazon's move. . . .

The question is whether he was acting on his own or pressed to do so by the Obama administration, and how much pressure was applied to Amazon. . . .

Lieberman said: "[Amazon's] decision to cut off WikiLeaks now is the right decision and should set the standard for other companies WikiLeaks is using to distribute its illegally seized material. I call on any other company or organisation that is hosting WikiLeaks to immediately terminate its relationship with them."

The department of homeland security confirmed Amazon's move, referring journalists to Lieberman's statement.

Triple Zero

Well I guess I know where not to buy anything this Christmas.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Disco Pickle

not sure if this made the rounds yet:

Tom Flanagan (who? oh, Canada, well then, nevermind) called for the assassination of Wikileaks director Julian Assange. On CBS News. On Live TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtIafdoH_g

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 02, 2010, 02:25:17 PM
not sure if this made the rounds yet:

Tom Flanagan (who? oh, Canada, well then, nevermind) called for the assassination of Wikileaks director Julian Assange. On CBS News. On Live TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtIafdoH_g

Huckabee called for his execution.

Edit--on the grounds of treason. Wait, isn't he Australian?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 02, 2010, 03:33:30 PM

Huckabee called for his execution.

Edit--on the grounds of treason. Wait, isn't he Australian?

See, that's something that's really making me chuckle right now.  Now, the lowly soldier who uploaded the documents -- he's totally fucked.  But you can't charge Assange with treason.  Espionage, maybe.

Nephew Twiddleton

AH, American assumptions that everyone is American....

Triple Zero

Damn. So does Canada have a death penalty? (I mean, or is it culture to call for people's death on TV)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 02, 2010, 04:17:32 PM
Damn. So does Canada have a death penalty?

Don't think so. I think we're one of the few Western powers that still does.

Cain

Loads of people are calling for Assange to be executed for treason, assassinated or treated like an "enemy combatant", especially in the US.

I still think the Lieberman thing is creepy though.  China blocks off Wikileaks through the "Great Firewall", the US tries to do it by sending its chief thug round to ask "what the fuck are you guys doing?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2010, 04:28:02 PM
Loads of people are calling for Assange to be executed for treason, assassinated or treated like an "enemy combatant", especially in the US.

I still think the Lieberman thing is creepy though.  China blocks off Wikileaks through the "Great Firewall", the US tries to do it by sending its chief thug round to ask "what the fuck are you guys doing?"

Yeah, I was about to point out misunderstanding of the first amendment til that detail was revealed.