News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Social Security Payments Might be Suspended?

Started by Doktor Howl, July 29, 2011, 08:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2011, 09:31:31 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2011, 09:29:12 PM
The movie "Red" was great.  Very hilarious.  Surprisingly so.

I really hope the oldsters come out in droves...but I'm wary of trusting them to do so.  I suspect they are getting the same sort of ennui and "btdt" with government that we all have.  With the GOP playing fast and loose with SS payments, PERHAPS they might sustain an effort to poke their asses.  I hope so, anyway.

The prospect of starving to death generally tends to keep people focused.

Until they're handed a lollipop by those who stole their food.  And then they're pacified all over again.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2011, 09:34:17 PM
The movie "Red" was great.  Very hilarious.  Surprisingly so.

I really hope the oldsters come out in droves...but I'm wary of trusting them to do so.  I suspect they are getting the same sort of ennui and "btdt" with government that we all have.  With the GOP playing fast and loose with SS payments, PERHAPS they might sustain an effort to poke their asses.  I hope so, anyway.

Until they're handed a lollipop by those who stole their food.  And then they're pacified all over again.

It's also little things like rent and heating.

Old people worry about these things, because they can remember times and places where they weren't guaranteed.

Molon Lube

Jenne

I hope so.  Seems to me they've been drinking a lot of GOP KoolAid the last few election cycles.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2011, 09:36:05 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2011, 09:34:17 PM
The movie "Red" was great.  Very hilarious.  Surprisingly so.

I really hope the oldsters come out in droves...but I'm wary of trusting them to do so.  I suspect they are getting the same sort of ennui and "btdt" with government that we all have.  With the GOP playing fast and loose with SS payments, PERHAPS they might sustain an effort to poke their asses.  I hope so, anyway.

Until they're handed a lollipop by those who stole their food.  And then they're pacified all over again.

It's also little things like rent and heating.

Old people worry about these things, because they can remember times and places where they weren't guaranteed.

Heating and cooling can be a life or death situation with the elderly.

We all know the banks are going to gouge with overdraft charges if this happens.

Us old fuckers really don't have to do anything other than park our lawn chairs in the middle of every busy intersection by the thousands. The smell of stale piss alone guarantees our success.

Cain

Let a couple of hundred dementia sufferers wander the halls of Congress.

Although, no-one may notice the difference.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2011, 02:49:43 PM
Let a couple of hundred dementia sufferers wander the halls of Congress.

Although, no-one may notice the difference.

:lulz:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Adios

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on July 31, 2011, 03:27:16 PM
The last 2 posts made me LOL

Every hour our alarms would wake us so we could stand chanting "Piss on You" while we raised our bermuda shorts and empty our piss bags on our socks and sandals.

maphdet

I don't know, I can't see this actually happening. It would cause a Mass amount of People to Freak Out At Once. And they (government officials) know this and do not want it to happen.

My mom on the other hand is convinced she is not going to get a ss check in August.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Juana

Tea bagger stepdad gets ssi. :lulz: I expect him to sulk.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

BabylonHoruv

bricks through bank windows are called for, IMO.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 31, 2011, 06:42:32 PM

Really? What possible positive outcome do you think that could have?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 08:14:01 PM

Fines and jail are the only possible outcome.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2011, 09:13:45 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2011, 08:44:35 PM
I haven't read the comic (it was the first thing that came up for "warren ellis red" on Google), but the film was very entertaining.  John Malkovich in particular is quite brilliant in his role.

And of course, even if the WWII vets don't get out there, there are plenty of Vietnam, Gulf War One, Afghanistan and Gulf War II vets out there...

Yeah, so these tough old bastards fought Nazis and Tojo and the Viet Cong...And now they'll have no income, and not much time left, anyway.

I wonder how that will play out?

Don't forget, they've already outlived all the people they used to know.

Even less to lose.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 31, 2011, 08:16:21 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 08:14:01 PM

Fines and jail are the only possible outcome.

Unless you do it on a scale that the IRA did in London, where they were going to potentially bankrupt Barclay's banks insurance division, due to the number of windows their bombs broke.

But that's kinda five steps up from "bricks through windows".