News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Slogans for 2011/2012

Started by Disco Pickle, October 14, 2011, 02:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Nephew Twiddleton

Ah. Low functioning drunk. Gotcha.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

rong

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

rong

Nephew Twiddleton

Salty

I'm just trying to figure out why Rong came back. I'd ask Rong but I can fill in my own drunken gibberish.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

rong

Nephew Twiddleton

Cant see the pic on my phone boyo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am deeply confused about the self-help books. I was assuming at first that was a continuation of some other conversation in which Freeky expressed interest in reading some of DPs books, but now it appears that Freeky's input has not been sought at all? And then for some reason, Roger's thoughts on the matter were going to deter you from sending books to Freeky, yet now you're going to do it anyway "despite" Roger... but as far as I can tell, you still haven't consulted Freeky on the subject of whether she wants the books?

One might think that Freeky's opinion is relevant. More relevant than Roger's opinion, in fact. She is, after all, the person who you are for some reason assuming will read the books (on top of her existing college workload).

Maybe all that has been discussed elsewhere and she has expressed an enthusiastic desire to read your favorite used self-help books. I sincerely hope so, because otherwise you are being a condescending dick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on October 18, 2011, 10:51:14 PM
I am deeply confused about the self-help books. I was assuming at first that was a continuation of some other conversation in which Freeky expressed interest in reading some of DPs books, but now it appears that Freeky's input has not been sought at all? And then for some reason, Roger's thoughts on the matter were going to deter you from sending books to Freeky, yet now you're going to do it anyway "despite" Roger... but as far as I can tell, you still haven't consulted Freeky on the subject of whether she wants the books?

One might think that Freeky's opinion is relevant. More relevant than Roger's opinion, in fact. She is, after all, the person who you are for some reason assuming will read the books (on top of her existing college workload).

Maybe all that has been discussed elsewhere and she has expressed an enthusiastic desire to read your favorite used self-help books. I sincerely hope so, because otherwise you are being a condescending dick.

He offered them in a PM, and because I am who I am I failed to mention that I was offended.  I probably didn't say anything because I still don't know why I was offended. 

I was like, "Really, Pickle?  Really?"

But then I thought, well I ought to at least give them a read.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 18, 2011, 10:55:20 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 18, 2011, 10:51:14 PM

He offered them in a PM, and because I am who I am I failed to mention that I was offended.  I probably didn't say anything because I still don't know why I was offended. 

I was like, "Really, Pickle?  Really?"

But then I thought, well I ought to at least give them a read.

Why?  :?

Is there a reason he thinks you, specifically, need these particular books? I don't get it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on October 18, 2011, 11:01:42 PM

Why?  :?

Is there a reason he thinks you, specifically, need these particular books? I don't get it.

Because in that one thread, I think it was one of his first where he showed his libertarian colors, the one that got to 17 pages, I gave a detailed list of how I am destitute and living beyond my means, (that was the argument, who gets to be categorized as "living beyond one's means"), and then three question marks and a caps locked profit.

Salty

95% of self-help books are a special sort of mental poison, IMO.
Their worth comes directly from the ego of those who wrote them.
At best they offer an outside perspective on yourself (which can easily be gained by a couple of beers with the kind of friend who can tell you The Truth to your face.)
At worst they offer the kind of helping hand that seeks shove another, different color, pair of glasses over your eyes.

I'm offended at their existence and if anyone tried to offer to send some to me in some when I did not ask for them (which would be anytime, see above) I would fedex them a large quantity of poop and pig's blood.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

Quote from: Alty on October 18, 2011, 11:06:28 PM
95% of self-help books are a special sort of mental poison, IMO.
Their worth comes directly from the ego of those who wrote them.
At best they offer an outside perspective on yourself (which can easily be gained by a couple of beers with the kind of friend who can tell you The Truth to your face.)
At worst they offer the kind of helping hand that seeks shove another, different color, pair of glasses over your eyes.

I'm offended at their existence and if anyone tried to offer to send some to me in some when I did not ask for them (which would be anytime, see above) I would fedex them a large quantity of poop and pig's blood.

Perhaps with instructions to dump the blood on themselves at the prom?

Freeky,
Just saw Carrie for the first time.