News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Besides. If anarchangel is getting down to some writing soon itll do me good to start getting the creative juices flowing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Gonna try to nap now, for lack of anything better to do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2012, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 26, 2012, 06:01:54 PM
I'm doing all kinds of new things, all the time. They just don't involve being entertainment.

I'm sorry that you feel discouraged by people not posting on the internet, but man.

I need some sleep.  I am screamingly desperate for sleep.  4 mg of benzos, and nothing.  For days.

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 26, 2012, 05:59:42 PM
I want to hear it. Even if i cant read it all or post anything long in the meantime.

Well, that's just it.  There's nothing left to write.  It's all been said before...Everything's a rehash of something else, because I've more or less been typing into a vacuum, or screaming into a void.  Sometimes the void answers back, but never with conversation arguing the point or adding to it.  I'd say I'm back in the Nashville bus station, but everyone's heard that bit, too.

Christ, I'm tired...Physically tired and mentally tired.

Tell me about it.  Or, don't.  Preaching to the choir.  3-4 hours of what technically counts as sleep.  Kind of fucks with the skills.

I think I need to either go on a creative binge, or just shut down entirely.  Probably shut down.

But there's more of Boston's history to write.  I just found out the true causes of the Molasses Flood.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm doing all kinds of new things, all the time. They just don't involve being entertainment.

I'm sorry that you feel discouraged by people not posting on the internet, but man.

I need some sleep.  I am screamingly desperate for sleep.  4 mg of benzos, and nothing.  For days.

I want to hear it. Even if i cant read it all or post anything long in the meantime.

Well, that's just it.  There's nothing left to write.  It's all been said before...Everything's a rehash of something else, because I've more or less been typing into a vacuum, or screaming into a void.  Sometimes the void answers back, but never with conversation arguing the point or adding to it.  I'd say I'm back in the Nashville bus station, but everyone's heard that bit, too.

Can you talk to your doc about switching you from benzos to something else for a while? It sounds like you've built up a tolerance and you might have to switch for them to become effective again.

I think I've asked this before, but what about pot?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am in the middle of updating my OS. Lord, this kinda sucks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 26, 2012, 08:46:18 PM

Can you talk to your doc about switching you from benzos to something else for a while? It sounds like you've built up a tolerance and you might have to switch for them to become effective again.

No can do.  Refinery rules are exempt from the card.

And it doesn't matter what I take.  I occasionally hit round spots where I'd stay awake through Ambien, even.  It'll pass.  In a century or two.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well shit, I changed the resolution on my monitor and while everything is now huge, it stopped flickering.

This completely does not answer the question of why it started flickering in the first place, but at least I don't need a new monitor!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2012, 08:47:46 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 26, 2012, 08:46:18 PM

No can do.  Refinery rules are exempt from the card.

And it doesn't matter what I take.  I occasionally hit round spots where I'd stay awake through Ambien, even.  It'll pass.  In a century or two.

It's odd and slightly hilarious that you are allowed to tun around all doped up on benzos all day, but you can't have pot even by prescription.

AFK

Despite my personal stance against medical marijuana, I'm going to say I agree with Nigel.  Technically, if they are going to allow workers to work while using prescription drugs they should also allow medical marijuana.  That is, it should be equitable.  If one is okay, the other should be too.  Unless of course where you work receives federal funds, in which case I'd see why they wouldn't allow workers to use medical marijuana. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Big Oil is a federal industry.

Sure, maybe not on paper, but de facto you know I'm right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2012, 09:02:05 PM
Despite my personal stance against medical marijuana, I'm going to say I agree with Nigel.  Technically, if they are going to allow workers to work while using prescription drugs they should also allow medical marijuana.  That is, it should be equitable.  If one is okay, the other should be too.  Unless of course where you work receives federal funds, in which case I'd see why they wouldn't allow workers to use medical marijuana.

Because the congressmen that set these requirements are funded and lobbied by Big Pharma, and weed is BAD and pills are GOOD, because they can't control weed and sell it, while they can with pills.  Also, allowing certain core industries to use weed would invalidate the "WEED IS THE DEVIL" religion that sprung up in 1933 and 1981. 

As always, it's economics, enforced by what amounts to a religion...Even leaving aside decriminalization for recreational use, which I think we can safely leave alone for this discussion.

AFK

Yeah, I'd be surprised given that it's oil if federal funds weren't involved somewhere.  Though, it's prerty clear to me that the Obama administration has absolutely ZERO interest in enforcing federal marijuana laws, at least, with respect to medical marijuana and the new recreational laws in Colorado and Washington.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2012, 09:15:16 PM
Yeah, I'd be surprised given that it's oil if federal funds weren't involved somewhere.  Though, it's prerty clear to me that the Obama administration has absolutely ZERO interest in enforcing federal marijuana laws, at least, with respect to medical marijuana and the new recreational laws in Colorado and Washington.

Yeah, well, I still get fired.  Our industry is HUGE on following the rules...Mostly because we wrote 'em.  Or at least most of them.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2012, 09:12:49 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2012, 09:02:05 PM

Because the congressmen that set these requirements are funded and lobbied by Big Pharma, and weed is BAD and pills are GOOD, because they can't control weed and sell it, while they can with pills.  Also, allowing certain core industries to use weed would invalidate the "WEED IS THE DEVIL" religion that sprung up in 1933 and 1981. 

As always, it's economics, enforced by what amounts to a religion...Even leaving aside decriminalization for recreational use, which I think we can safely leave alone for this discussion.

Doesn't surprise me.  Now, if it had been Big Tobacco, you'd be golden because Big Tobacco is already setting up the marketing andcommercial machinery for when marijuana is legalized federally, because that WILL happen.  They've already started to trademark brand names.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I made the mistake of replying to my mother's "Merry Christmas, wish you were here." text, once I stopped laughing. Now she's leaving drunken messages on my phone and texting me random horrible weather updates for states that I don't live in. Because 'the South' is sort of one large interconnected mass that experiences all the same weather all at once and tornadoes in Texas are a worry for Georgians.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.