News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Cop Rant

Started by Doktor Howl, December 07, 2014, 07:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 05:50:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 08, 2014, 05:30:11 PM
Quote from: rong on December 08, 2014, 04:24:21 PM
Truth is there is no solution.

It will only get worse.

This is why feudalism and slavery never ended.

Nothing, in terms of social equality, has improved in the last 100 years. Nothing at all.

Everything is exactly the same.

So there's no point in trying, it won't help.

Guess I better brush up on my Al Jolson tribute act.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

When all you have is punishment, everything looks like a crime.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Hoopla on December 08, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
There's something to that.

Immediately after the shooting in Ottawa a month or so ago, a frightening amount of Canadians were willing to give up a significant amount of liberty to make sure incidents like that "never happened again".

Exactly. Were like a binge drinking alcoholic who keeps wondering why those no good piece of shit cops keep giving us DUIs. Just about every liberal in congress voted for the war in Iraq because scary brown people, and then spent several years bitching about how Bush landed us in that shithole. The Tea Partier demo hates the TSA, but just a few years ago they were the ones begging for the TSA.

At every stage of creating the police state the American people have been complicit, its the aftermath we dont like. Americans want a police state. They want fascism. They even want Oligarchy, look at Hillary/Bush 16. Of course, when it comes in the mail Authoritarianism looks a lot different than it did on the infomercial. But at that point its too late. There are no money back guarantees with legislation, and even if there was wed just spend it on CCTV in Bathrooms or some shit. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 08, 2014, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 08, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
There's something to that.

Immediately after the shooting in Ottawa a month or so ago, a frightening amount of Canadians were willing to give up a significant amount of liberty to make sure incidents like that "never happened again".

Exactly. Were like a binge drinking alcoholic who keeps wondering why those no good piece of shit cops keep giving us DUIs. Just about every liberal in congress voted for the war in Iraq because scary brown people, and then spent several years bitching about how Bush landed us in that shithole. The Tea Partier demo hates the TSA, but just a few years ago they were the ones begging for the TSA.

At every stage of creating the police state the American people have been complicit, its the aftermath we dont like. Americans want a police state. They want fascism. They even want Oligarchy, look at Hillary/Bush 16. Of course, when it comes in the mail Authoritarianism looks a lot different than it did on the infomercial. But at that point its too late. There are no money back guarantees with legislation, and even if there was wed just spend it on CCTV in Bathrooms or some shit.

This is fairly bog-standard when republics reach the end of their effective lifespan.  This is why - despite the fact that nothing is actually wrong - we can't accomplish anything.

Dok,
Waiting for Octavian.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is police violence on the rise?

Or is it more visible because people are angrier about it and it is being reported on more, along with the increasingly militarized police force making them a more visible and overtly intimidating aggressor?

It can be hard to tell because of the lack of publicly released police violence statistics.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 07:44:03 PM
Is police violence on the rise?

Or is it more visible because people are angrier about it and it is being reported on more, along with the increasingly militarized police force making them a more visible and overtly intimidating aggressor?

It can be hard to tell because of the lack of publicly released police violence statistics.

According to the FBI:

QuoteNone of your business.

The best we can do is operate on what data we CAN see.  I've been trying to look shit up since the Ferguson grand jury, but state and local officials are not actually required to tell the FBI about police brutality.  So they voluntarily look like Brown Shirts, or they just say "fuck you" and get back to choking people.

But I will say this:  the number of hits I found from 2008 total about half of 2009, and it's more or less gone up by 33% each year since then.  Add in the militarized police and the attitude that engenders, and I am going to say that police violence IS on the rise, until proven otherwise.  Speaking from a self-preservation point of view.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

See, I grew up in a largely black neighborhood in my early childhood, and returned to it after I turned 18. What I remember from back then was that there was a lot of brutality, but nobody got upset about it, nor did it make the news. It was just another day, another teenage boy shot for looking like he might have a gun under his puffy jacket.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2014, 07:51:48 PM
See, I grew up in a largely black neighborhood in my early childhood, and returned to it after I turned 18. What I remember from back then was that there was a lot of brutality, but nobody got upset about it, nor did it make the news. It was just another day, another teenage boy shot for looking like he might have a gun under his puffy jacket.

Yes, but you also live in Portland, which is worse than LA or even London in some cases.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, of course people got upset about it. But it was just black people, nobody who counted.

Meunster

This is just getting ridiculous, we need a much more ridiculous reaction.

Every grab your bricks and Molotovs, if big businesses and corrupt governments think it's a use of them to keep the minorities in line.

then we will show them that they can't keep them in line.

Then they'll either respond with an incredible amount of abuse which would show everyone how bad the government is, or accommodate the minorities. 
Poe's law ;)

hooplala

Quote from: Meunster on December 09, 2014, 01:22:33 PM

Every grab your bricks and Molotovs, if big businesses and corrupt governments think it's a use of them to keep the minorities in line.

Then they'll either respond with an incredible amount of abuse which would show everyone how bad the government is, or accommodate the minorities.

Hi Poptart.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Hello, Poptart.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Oooh!  It's Poptart!

Meunster

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 10, 2014, 11:55:28 AM

Oooh!  It's Poptart!

who?
Poe's law ;)

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Meunster on December 10, 2014, 03:00:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 10, 2014, 11:55:28 AM

Oooh!  It's Poptart!

who?

.C@@@@@@@@@@@@@@L:.                                         
                                    .iG@@@@@@@@@0G0@@@@@@@@@@@@8t.                                     
                               ;@@@@@@@CffG.           i@@@@@@@@@@@@f.                                 
                             :@@@CL           f@@@@@@G i@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@f                               
                           :@@@..          8@@@88L.0@@@@@L@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@G                             
                          8@@@@G        C8.     .,      ,@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@                           
                         .@@@;.,@C    1           .G@@@@@@@@@@0;  :C8@@@@@@C,                         
                        .8@@@@@@C  ,  ,                     1:     .8@@@@@@@@@@t                       
                       ;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@1                       C@8.   .;f@@@@@@@@@C                     
                       @@@8  iG@@@8                             t@L  @@@@i.@@@@@@@@C                   
                       @@@:    88                                 10@@@@@@@ LG00L@@@G                 
                      G@@L    8.;,                                    8@@@@G   i  G@@0                 
                     t@@@     .;@                                      C@@@@8.      @@:               
                     G@@.      @@                                       .@@@@@L     C@0               
                     8@:C:    .@                                         .@@@@@     8@C               
                     @@,@.   .@8                                          L@@@@    .@@.               
                     @@@;    L@.                                           @@@@:  i8@0                 
                     @@0     @@.                                           C@@8 i@@@@:                 
                  1@@@@@L    C@                                            1@@@ 8@@@0                 
                 f@@. @@@0  ,@G  L@@@@@@@@@@                     ,         @@@@ @@@@                   
                 @@@G  8@@1  @0.0@@@@@@@@@@@@0,             L@@@@@@@@@@  @@@@@L;@@@t                   
                ,@@@1  i@@@ .@@@,@@@;        8@@.         G@@@@@@@Cf .;  @@@@@,0@@@@@G                 
                i@0@f    8@.f@@.      .tC8GC1 ,@@L      @@@@@         0@8@@@@@ @@@@@@@                 
                .@@;@   :.@.G@@,    0@8C@@@: @@@@;      @@@@@@8@@@@@.1@@@@@@@@,G@@0f@@                 
                 @@: C@@@.. 8@@1           L@810;       :@@.:   :8C.8@@@@i ;@@;t@1 C@L                 
                 f@8.G@@.   @@f                          ,@1          @@@G.C@@L   :@@.                 
                 .@@8 8@8  @@@@;                           1;           : 0@@@@@@ 8@;                 
                  8@1C1L@@ 0@@;                        8@1              G@@@@@ 80,@0                   
                  i@@    i L@@.                        G@@i             8@@@@f  t@@                   
                   L@0     i@@C          ,@@i           @@@@t            @@@@  ,@@i                   
                    ;@@    ,@@@        f@@@;@;          :@@@@@@@@:      @@@@@  @@8                     
                     .@@@@@@@@@      f@@@i    0@L       @@@@@@@@@@C    t@@@@@@@@@                     
                         L@@@@.     @@G         C@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@.   0@@@@@@@8                       
                          1@@@1    @G            ,@@@01L@@1.@@@@@@@@;  L@@@@@@G                       
                          .@@@8     . @@@@:      1;         ;@@@    @, ,@@@:                           
                           @@@@8        ;;@@@ f@@@8f;;;;,:0@@@@@@@@@   t@@8                           
                           0@@@@@           ;@@@;          @@@@@:     1@@@                             
                          .@@@@@@@                .1;18t8@@@@@0      1@@@                             
                          0@@@,f@@@.                      .1@@i     i@@@                               
                         ,@@@@   @@@:                        8@G   C@@@                               
                        ;@@@@@    i@@@                       8@  ,@@@@                                 
                      ,@@@@ 0@1     @@@.                      @@@@@@@                                 
                     1@@@@1 t@@      t@@f                     C@@@@@@.                                 
                   .0@@@@@   .@;      0@@@                  :@@@@@@@@G                                 
                  1@@@@@@:     t@     f@@@@,              8@@@@@@ :@@@                                 
                ;@@@@@@@@:       8C  t@@@@ ; ;@t       ;@@@@@@@0  .@@@f                               
                L@@@@@@@@C        .@f  C@1.   ,@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@    .@@@@;                               
                L@@@@@@@@@          1@@  1      @@@@@@@@@@@@      .@@@@@@C:                           
                L@@@@@@@@@t            0@C      ;@@@@@@@@0        .@@@@@@@@@@G;.                       
                L@@@@@@@@@@               0@@;    ;0@@@.          .@@@@@@@@@@@@@@0L;.                 
                L@@@@@@@@@@@                   i@@@8t             .@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@0