News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memy

I happen to be very skinny actually.

Also have quite lovely Native American cheekbones, but of course with a perfectly placed imperfection in the form of a red mole, like a little communist Marilyn Monroe beauty mark.

I feel fabulous and no one can get me down, i am living the dream here as a discordian people
ma-ma-say ma-ma-sah ma-ma-co-sah

AFK

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on June 03, 2010, 08:40:42 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 02, 2010, 11:14:22 PM
QuoteI still think she's a Nazi though.

why?

that's a pretty rough thing to say.

Why did she single out Nigel and EOT as "ugly" when those were the ONLY TWO avatars in the thread with black people in them?

There were plenty of people piling on but oddly, only two got singled out for an insult based on appearance.

And they just HAPPENED to have black people in their avatars.

That kind of shit is not coincidental.

EOT may have changed his avatar since then, but I clearly remember his avatar being Aunt Jemimah at the time.

What about ECH's avatar?  I don't recall PED making a comment about that one. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: dimo on June 03, 2010, 06:32:29 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 03, 2010, 12:39:54 AM
Bleh, nevermind.  Playing diplomat around here always bites me in the ass so forget it.  Fire at will! 

That's the spirit.

Though, I'm willing to give her a little slack either way, 'cuz she's a looker.

dimo-
Sometimes, it's like that.

Let's be clear, when I say it bites me in the ass I'm not referring to PED.  When I tried to help out AKK in the beginning, I got all kinds of negative responses from other users about being on the wrong side.  And here, with PED, I think you have someone who is demonstrably more rational and willing to play ball compared to AKK.  We never got any kind of conciliatory post from AKK like PED just gave.  So why can't we cut her a break and cut the negativity?

Dimocritus

I hate to keep bringing this up, but it seems it's in a somewhat constant state of relevence, so...

When I was green and said stupid shit, I got dumped on. Because I got dumped on, I changed my tune and am now, for the most part, accepted here. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE WEREN'T TOUGH ON ME. If you're too nice, they'll think they're bullshit is acceptable. If you call them out on their shit, and they really are a person of a certain degree of quality, they'll tough it out or give up and go home. Don't think about it as an attack, think about it as tempering. You need to endure a lot of heat and  a lot of hammer blows to get a nice keen edge.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: dimo on June 03, 2010, 05:05:40 PM
I hate to keep bringing this up, but it seems it's in a somewhat constant state of relevence, so...

When I was green and said stupid shit, I got dumped on. Because I got dumped on, I changed my tune and am now, for the most part, accepted here. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE WEREN'T TOUGH ON ME. If you're too nice, they'll think they're bullshit is acceptable. If you call them out on their shit, and they really are a person of a certain degree of quality, they'll tough it out or give up and go home. Don't think about it as an attack, think about it as tempering. You need to endure a lot of heat and  a lot of hammer blows to get a nice keen edge.

</john lennon>

Actually they are attacks, and we hate everyone, even you.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Dimocritus

Quote from: vexati0n on June 03, 2010, 05:43:02 PM

</john lennon>

Actually they are attacks, and we hate everyone, even you.

Why I oughta'  :argh!:

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 03, 2010, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on June 03, 2010, 08:40:42 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 02, 2010, 11:14:22 PM
QuoteI still think she's a Nazi though.

why?

that's a pretty rough thing to say.

Why did she single out Nigel and EOT as "ugly" when those were the ONLY TWO avatars in the thread with black people in them?

There were plenty of people piling on but oddly, only two got singled out for an insult based on appearance.

And they just HAPPENED to have black people in their avatars.

That kind of shit is not coincidental.

EOT may have changed his avatar since then, but I clearly remember his avatar being Aunt Jemimah at the time.

What about ECH's avatar?  I don't recall PED making a comment about that one. 

my avatar was different when she made that post. In fact, IIRC I changed it to a black person because of that incident. And, y'know, the whole "there is Nazi stuff in her nudie pics on HER OWN WEBSITE" thing.

But please, feel free to keep pretending that PD.com is someplace that needs a calming and objective social worker. I imagine this is great practice, given that if you can even slightly temper anyone's hostility here you should be able to write your own ticket in that line of work IRL.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

I just think that not every person who is outside the PD.COM norm deserves nor requires the PD.COMtm pigpile.  I guess that's all I've been trying to say. 

Cramulus

personally, I would rather post in a community that you don't have to be tough as nails in order to join.

also, the "tempering" is a process which ensures no newcomes differ too far from the established consensus... so it has its drawbacks too.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on June 03, 2010, 07:03:52 PM

personally, I would rather post in a community that you don't have to be tough as nails in order to join.

also, the "tempering" is a process which ensures no newcomes differ too far from the established consensus... so it has its drawbacks too.

Good point. Buuuuut, what exactly is the established concensus? I think there's too many different types here to have an established concensus. Either way, walking in and pissing on the floor is a bad way to start. Apologies are nice, but a change in behavior/attitude is really what shows how apologetic you are, IMO. Whatever. It's just a day in the life, after all.

Cramulus

Quote from: dimo on June 03, 2010, 07:55:33 PM
Good point. Buuuuut, what exactly is the established concensus? I think there's too many different types here to have an established concensus.

dare ya to start an alt who is both wiccan and libertarian :p

AFK

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on June 03, 2010, 07:58:22 PM
Quote from: dimo on June 03, 2010, 07:55:33 PM
Good point. Buuuuut, what exactly is the established concensus? I think there's too many different types here to have an established concensus.

dare ya to start an alt who is both wiccan and libertarian :p

Game, set, match.

good game.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit