News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Point of views on the new president of the United States.

Started by Seth_The_Fallen, February 15, 2009, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2009, 02:28:07 PM
Current thinking in Washington is that Obama is running with a permament campaign mentality.  If true, he should be able to crush the GOP, especially since their best idea of the moment is "Obama is an ethnic minority.  So is Jindal.  Therefore, we should run Jindal against Obama" and "Twitter will win the kids over to us" and, best of all "make Rush Limbaugh the official public face of the GOP". 

Because nothing says "vote GOP" more than making a drug addled, possible sex tourist and ignorant loudmouth the centrepiece of your political strategy.

Just out of curiosity
Cain what do you think of the idea I've heard kicking around some conservative forums (I don't prescribe to this idea, but quite the opposite) that the mainstream republicans might start getting fed up with the Christian right and start to marginalize them to a degree that become irrelevant
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

I don't know about that, however, what Rush and the weak-kneed Republicans are doing is to pretty much force my two senators Collins and Snow to side with the Democrats in the Senate.  So, assuming Franken gets seated, there is your filibuster-proof majority.  There's no way Collins and Snow can side with Rush and maintain their seats. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faithless

Nothing about the future is certain, why are you complaining? Everyone should have the right to hysteria and panic. But thats just my opinion.
Oh, sonovabitch.

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 04, 2009, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2009, 02:28:07 PM
Current thinking in Washington is that Obama is running with a permament campaign mentality.  If true, he should be able to crush the GOP, especially since their best idea of the moment is "Obama is an ethnic minority.  So is Jindal.  Therefore, we should run Jindal against Obama" and "Twitter will win the kids over to us" and, best of all "make Rush Limbaugh the official public face of the GOP". 

Because nothing says "vote GOP" more than making a drug addled, possible sex tourist and ignorant loudmouth the centrepiece of your political strategy.

Just out of curiosity
Cain what do you think of the idea I've heard kicking around some conservative forums (I don't prescribe to this idea, but quite the opposite) that the mainstream republicans might start getting fed up with the Christian right and start to marginalize them to a degree that become irrelevant

Doesn't sound likely, in the current climate.  At the moment, the crazies are still in charge.  They may eventually burn out due to accumulated fail, but who knows how long that could take?

Seth_The_Fallen

Quote from: Faithless on March 04, 2009, 08:16:45 PM
Nothing about the future is certain, why are you complaining? Everyone should have the right to hysteria and panic. But thats just my opinion.

I am with you. We are not certain what the future hold for us. Hell obama my be the next Roosevelt!

Faithless

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on March 05, 2009, 04:35:24 AM

I am with you. We are not certain what the future hold for us. Hell obama my be the next Roosevelt!
Dear Lord, you should be flogged for such speech, but then again, it seems that you are in danger of becoming a mainstream thinker. Don't worry, I'll help you out of your misery.
Oh, sonovabitch.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faithless on March 06, 2009, 12:33:30 AM

Dear Lord, you should be flogged for such speech, but then again, it seems that you are in danger of becoming a mainstream thinker. Don't worry, I'll help you out of your misery.

This guy is your BROTHER?

Fix that shit.  Uphold the family name.  BEAT THE CPAC DEMONS OUT OF HIM!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

I can't decide which of them you want beaten... both probably.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia on March 06, 2009, 04:16:18 AM
I can't decide which of them you want beaten... both probably.

No, Shane is too tough to beat.

A little know fact:  Shane is actually Randy "Macho Man" Savage.  No shit.  I will post pics next week.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Torodung

See, and now you're back to my point of view. That "live and let live" shit didn't last long, now did it? ;)

By the way, when I walk into an empty room, there are at least three points of view and a heated argument going on.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Torodung on March 07, 2009, 06:02:18 AM

See, and now you're back to my point of view. That "live and let live" shit didn't last long, now did it? ;)

By the way, when I walk into an empty room, there are at least three points of view and a heated argument going on.

I AM THE EAST MAGNETIC POLE OF POLITICS!  EAT THEM!  EAT THEM ALL!

Faithless

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2009, 03:40:20 AM

This guy is your BROTHER?

Fix that shit.  Uphold the family name.  BEAT THE CPAC DEMONS OUT OF HIM!

Now do you see why I have to go? I may have to administer severe beatings to certain folks to "set them on the straight and narrow". But, while duty to ones family is a noble ideal, it can be onnerous.
Oh, sonovabitch.

Faithless

The truly difficult part is knowing WHEN to shock the gene pool. And of course, how often said shocking need continue. Heaven forbid that more than one branch of a family tree need a bit of "pruning". But who am I to say?
Oh, sonovabitch.

Torodung

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2009, 06:06:04 AM

I am living on the South Pole and the gravest sin in my religion is to go North. Someone send me a helicopter and 2ccs of Atavan. STAT!
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Torodung on March 09, 2009, 05:21:04 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2009, 06:06:04 AM

I am living on the South Pole and the gravest sin in my religion is to go North. Someone send me a helicopter and 2ccs of Atavan. STAT!

Atavan?  Hah.

REAL crazies gobble Ambien like popcorn and wake up at work, with no idea how they got there.

TGRR,
Sleep optional.  No, really.