News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

The Cheeseburger Experiment

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2009, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

McGriddles are the most disgusting pieces of shit to ever be called food!!

Bowl of unidentifiable inside parts of an animal>McGriddles

Iason Ouabache

No no no! She must do the KFC Famous Bowls instead. Just imagine it, Nigel. Mashed potatoes. Sweet corn. Chicken bites. Gravy. Shredded cheese. ALL IN ONE MOTHER FUCKING BOWL!!!

You know that you just wanted to make love to that motherfucking bowl!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

See, the thing is, a "cheeseburger" is a generic, ubiquitous product not tied to any one company. I can get them anywhere, I can even make them at home. Tying myself to a single company's single, trademarked meal sounds horribly limiting, and worse, unfunny. I will never be lacking for a cheeseburger, wherever I go. And the word "cheeseburger" is funny.

I can't really even think of anything else that could even work in this context.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2009, 04:43:47 PM
See, the thing is, a "cheeseburger" is a generic, ubiquitous product not tied to any one company. I can get them anywhere, I can even make them at home. Tying myself to a single company's single, trademarked meal sounds horribly limiting, and worse, unfunny. I will never be lacking for a cheeseburger, wherever I go. And the word "cheeseburger" is funny.

I can't really even think of anything else that could even work in this context.

WIENERS!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on October 09, 2009, 05:44:30 PM

WIENERS!!!

Hot dogs might be good. But not anytime soon. It has to happen when the Spirit takes me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2009, 05:47:22 PM
Quote from: Khara on October 09, 2009, 05:44:30 PM

WIENERS!!!

Hot dogs might be good. But not anytime soon. It has to happen when the Spirit takes me.

With hotdogs (Wieners is more fun to say!) you can go with regular, beef, chicken, turkey.....  lots of options!!!   :lulz:

Triple Zero

You can rest assured I will definitely tell you that hot dogs are a stupid idea as well! (for amusement purposes)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 09, 2009, 09:08:54 PM
You can rest assured I will definitely tell you that hot dogs are a stupid idea as well! (for amusement purposes)

The thing about hot dogs is that they don't even seem like a challenge. You can put anything on a hot dog, to the point where it becomes merely a vehicle for whatever kind of meal I want. Within walking distance to my house I can find hot dog purveyors that will put chili on, wrap it in bacon, smother it in gumbo, or serve it with a healthy serving of sauerkraut and diced tomatoes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hot dogs are absurdly popular in this quadrant, for reasons unknown.

Phnepsilon

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2009, 09:37:17 PM
if you keep carbs under 100 grams pr day and total calories appropriate (or under) for your activity level you may be OK and actually drop a few pounds... 
Yes, and if you get liposuction you may actually drop a few ponds!

And, uh, how does this diet differ from the average United Statesian's?

fomenter

low carb diet + not swilling xlarge sodas and fries ... see the Atkins diet thread http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22017.150

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I seem to have lost about 3 lbs so far. Which was not the point, but I'll take it.

I added beer to my diet to try to boost my calorie intake.  :wink:

fomenter

Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2009, 12:05:06 AM
I seem to have lost about 3 lbs so far. Which was not the point, but I'll take it.

I added beer to my diet to try to boost my calorie intake.  :wink:
i dropped aprx 5 lbs on a halfassed weight watchers and then switched to a mostly meat and vegi diet and can eat pretty damn good (much better than weight watchers :argh!:) W/O gaining anything!

still debating if i want to try going on a "caveman diet" for the experiment, i have 10 or 15 lbs i can do with out  :wink:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Losing and holding steady are very different diets. The fact that you didn't gain weight back doesn't mean that there's no practical difference; if there had been no practical difference, you would have continued to lose weight.

fomenter

Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2009, 12:40:17 AM
Losing and holding steady are very different diets. The fact that you didn't gain weight back doesn't mean that there's no practical difference; if there had been no practical difference, you would have continued to lose weight.

the quality and quantity of the food i can eat is the biggest difference i notice "i am not hungry" the weight difference (from loss to hold steady) is probably the larger number of daily calories, hold steady on the weight watchers left me hungry and dissatisfied, hold steady on the meat and vegi is satisfying, i can basically eat as much of either as i want...

hmroogp