News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

The Cheeseburger Experiment

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2009, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phnepsilon

Reading your blog, you seem to actually be pulling this off in a somewhat healthy way. Didn't give up the hamburger buns though if you don't want your brain to starve... True Atkins diet is suicide.

fomenter

Quote from: Phnepsilon on October 10, 2009, 04:42:43 PM
Reading your blog, you seem to actually be pulling this off in a somewhat healthy way.
Didn't give up the hamburger buns though if you don't want your brain to starve... True Atkins diet is suicide. :cn:

i don't know the details of the Atkins program but brain starvation - suicide (certain death ) not likely!  

food fear propaganda strikes again  :omg:

(Atkins diet does include small amounts of carbs, and the amount is increased as you go along)

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on October 05, 2009, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2009, 01:13:08 AM
Nigel, I'd ask you to please not do this for your health's sake, but I know that won't work so I'll just ask you to please PLEASE visit a doctor once a week while doing this.

Kai, I'm sorry, but that's retarded and a complete overreaction.

I'm terribly amused by the level of overreaction I've gotten from this project. My sister is freaking out.

Think for a moment: If I said "I am going to eat nothing but chicken sandwiches for a month" no one would think it anything but vaguely eccentric. Certainly no one would advise me to go to the doctor once a week. It's a knee-jerk reaction to the word "cheeseburger".

There is absolutely no fathomable reason to go to the doctor once a week. None. The only significant change to my nutritional profile is that I will be getting far less fiber than usual, unless I can find a place that has whole wheat buns.

Okay.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Phnepsilon on October 10, 2009, 04:42:43 PM
Reading your blog, you seem to actually be pulling this off in a somewhat healthy way. Didn't give up the hamburger buns though if you don't want your brain to starve... True Atkins diet is suicide.

This doesn't have anything to do with Atkins, or losing weight. If I left off the buns it wouldn't be cheeseburgers anymore, and the whole point would be rendered unfunny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am really stuck on these Limburger cheeseburgers. I just ate my 5th one, and I'm still torn between having another one for dinner, or mixing it up and having a mozzerella/parmesan cheeseburger with marinara sauce for dinner.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Ah - Limburger is a cheese! All this time I've been misreading it as "Limbaugh cheeseburger". I couldn't figure out the recipe though I guessed it would be something especially fat and greasy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 11, 2009, 03:38:40 AM
Ah - Limburger is a cheese! All this time I've been misreading it as "Limbaugh cheeseburger". I couldn't figure out the recipe though I guessed it would be something especially fat and greasy.

:lulz:

No, it's a delectable, sticky, stinky cheese. Addictive as hell.

Sir Squid Diddimus

it smells like foot-ass-sock-toilet

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid on October 11, 2009, 05:10:06 AM
it smells like foot-ass-sock-toilet

YES AND IT GOES IN MY MOUF.

Also, damn I wish this shirt wasn't sold out:

http://www.threadless.com/product/783/Inside_You

Sir Squid Diddimus

WOW!
I would totally rock that shirt.

Zenpeanut

heh, I've got that one shirt...I was able to wear it for 6 months at work before a manager finally took a look at it.

Suu

BTW Nigel, my housemates think this is the stupidest idea ever and thought I should let you know.

... :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on October 13, 2009, 12:12:39 AM
BTW Nigel, my housemates think this is the stupidest idea ever and thought I should let you know.

:lulz: Since one of your housemates bitched about your cooking, I am going to take this as a compliment. Also I am sending mental death-rays to the jackass for complaining.

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on October 13, 2009, 12:18:34 AM

:lulz: Since one of your housemates bitched about your cooking, I am going to take this as a compliment. Also I am sending mental death-rays to the jackass for complaining.

I'll let you know when they start working. I smell something burning, but I think he's just caramelizing onions.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on October 13, 2009, 12:25:50 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 13, 2009, 12:18:34 AM

I'll let you know when they start working. I smell something burning, but I think he's just caramelizing onions.

...and what is he making?

HAMBURGERS!

I WIN.