News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 10, 2017, 12:12:15 AM
I'm here. I need an off-Facebook place to store all of my weird. Now that I'm a professional, that is.

ZOMG  IT'S DIMO!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 17, 2017, 03:20:14 AM
I'm here. I need an off-Facebook place to store all of my weird. Now that I'm a professional, that is.

ZOMG  IT'S DIMO!!!

Well hello! Went through a real rough patch, but I've turned it all around. I work at a community center teaching middle/high school students at an after school program and I am also a "professional estimator." I measure rooms and do basic inspections for flooring installations. I would say that I'm the best at what I do, but that would just be a ball park figure...
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 20, 2017, 06:05:44 AM

ZOMG  IT'S DIMO!!!

Well hello! Went through a real rough patch, but I've turned it all around. I work at a community center teaching middle/high school students at an after school program and I am also a "professional estimator." I measure rooms and do basic inspections for flooring installations. I would say that I'm the best at what I do, but that would just be a ball park figure...

That is fucking awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2017, 06:22:24 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefish on May 20, 2017, 06:05:44 AM

ZOMG  IT'S DIMO!!!

That is fucking awesome!

It really is. The teaching gig provides a kick-ass apartment over the center (fucking YUGE windows and high ceilings. lots of floor space, kick ass riverside view) but no paycheck, but the estimating gig pays really well and I pretty much make my own schedule and I'm my own boss. Every visit is 30$, and I could conceivably make 10 stops a day (though my biggest day so far was 8 visits).

LMNO

Have you been able to hold on to a car?

Cuddlefish

Also, I recently was inducted into the international philosophy honors society (or as my students call it, the philosophy hall of fame). I find the symbol to be especially appropriate.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=Mx7EJKir&id=3ABE68A10C0896F84F0893CCCE14D8C8129A23D0&thid=OIP.Mx7EJKir1WlaFEekdwHnJQCWDz&q=phi+sigma+tau+symbol&simid=608020852074545378&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Cuddlefish

Quote from: LMNO on May 23, 2017, 06:37:45 PM
Have you been able to hold on to a car?

Yup. Everything is pretty good, really. I'll actually be in a spot to buy something a bit newer soon.

LMNO

That is really excellent news, man!  I'm happy for you.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: LMNO on May 23, 2017, 06:48:26 PM
That is really excellent news, man!  I'm happy for you.

Thanks man. I'm currently trying to retrain my brain to stop running in panic mode 24/7 and learning to relax a bit.

Freeky

Holy shit dimo, that's all great news!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is hot today and I am sullen.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On Saturday, we did a paint. On Sunday, we did a hike. I offer photographic evidence that these things happened.

Freeky

It's like you two were made for each other. It's so cute.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on May 24, 2017, 09:16:45 PM
It's like you two were made for each other. It's so cute.

I usually feel that way too, until he points out that I'm being unreasonable about something and then I seethe.

And then I realize that he's right, and that him calling me on my unreasonableness is making me a better person, the bastard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

More pics from the hike: one is us, one is what we're looking at.

Willamette Cove, AKA Pirate's Cove, one of my favorite hidden spots in Portland proper.