News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED SHITTING ON GOOGLE THREAD :-D

Started by Triple Zero, June 10, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 13, 2012, 05:19:24 PM
Oh man! But I WAS spazzing out and then I thought you were taking the piss over MY jumping to conclusions!

(so I gave with arguments, common European fault)

Let's do it again! FUCK GOOGLE

(and just for you: MOAR PAYPAL FUCKERY: http://christianowens.com/post/15771850658/my-recent-experience-with-paypal-customer-service -- though I think it will be a while--if ever--before they top that violin thing ... that was just ... wow)

Erhalten Sie Ihre Schokolade aus der meinen Erdnussbutter!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
Oh man! But I WAS spazzing out and then I thought you were taking the piss over MY jumping to conclusions!

(and just for you: MOAR PAYPAL FUCKERY: http://christianowens.com/post/15771850658/my-recent-experience-with-paypal-customer-service -- though I think it will be a while--if ever--before they top that violin thing ... that was just ... wow)

:fap:

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2012, 05:22:32 PM

ERDNUSSBUTTER IST EIN BROTAUFSTRICH, DESSEN HAUPTBESTANDTEIL GEMAHLENE ERDNÜSSE SIND!!!!
INNERHALB DER EU WERDEN FÜR ERDNUSSBUTTER DIE HANDELSNAMEN ERDNUSSCREME, ERDNUSSMUS ODER ERDNUSSPASTE VERWENDET!!!!

ZUSAMMEN MIT PFLANZLICHEM ÖL, SALZ UND ZUCKER BILDEN DIE ERDNÜSSE EINE HOMOGENE, STREICHFÄHIGE MASSE. DER FETTANTEIL VON ERDNUSSBUTTER IST DURCH DEN GROßEN ERDNUSS- UND ÖLANTEIL SEHR HOCH. ERDNUSSBUTTER ENTHÄLT IM SCHNITT 2.500 KJ (597 KCAL) PRO 100 G UND IST REICH AN DEN VITAMINEN E UND H!!!!
                        \

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, that's PRICELESS.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Google makes a statement!

It was them! Oops!

we do what we must, because we can
for the good of all us
except the ones who are dead
*but there's no use crying over every mistake
you just keep on trying ...*

(Roger--or anyone who hasn't heard it, you gonna really like this song)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115264064268941645500/posts/WfALKwfmCGJ
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3462129

QuoteWe were mortified to learn that a team of people working on a Google project improperly used Mocality's data and misrepresented our relationship with Mocality to encourage customers to create new websites. We've already unreservedly apologised to Mocality. We're still investigating exactly how this happened, and as soon as we have all the facts, we'll be taking the appropriate action with the people involved.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

The excuse is that it was an outsourced team that just happened to interpret the instructions "creatively". The problem with this is that this scam has been going on for months so it's pretty gross oversight even if it was just people you hired (in two different locations).

Triple Zero

In other news, I know what my opinion was on Microsoft ~10 years ago, but Bill Gates is ... well ... he seems to be a hero in some sense (not the Bradley Manning sense, but there's a lot of senses to hero):

http://holykaw.alltop.com/bill-gates-is-better-than-batman-infographic

Phox

Good on him. It's heartening to learn that he is using his wealth for good causes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 13, 2012, 11:59:49 PM
In other news, I know what my opinion was on Microsoft ~10 years ago, but Bill Gates is ... well ... he seems to be a hero in some sense (not the Bradley Manning sense, but there's a lot of senses to hero):

http://holykaw.alltop.com/bill-gates-is-better-than-batman-infographic

I will accept his heroism when he makes MS stop fucking with my office software.

Millions of kids, great.  I'm still getting the blue screen o' death.

Triple Zero

If you weren't scared of Google yet, read this:

Google goes FUBAR

It's quite a bit of over-the-top rhetoric, but you can hardly blame 'em since it's all entirely true and factual, and anyone who has accumulated a sizeable amount of data in one Google Account (GMail, YouTube, Web History aka "not logging out before you use Search") has a right to be severely pissed.

You don't get a choice in the matter. Google decided to bite the hand that feeds it (which are still the consumers, not the stock holders--unlike its competitors Apple and Facebook).

So I have until March 1 to find a decent email provider, wipe my data, and inform all my contacts why I'm deleting my accounts. It's been ridiculous enough that I'm not taking care of my email needs myself anyway, why should they be stored anywhere but on my local machine (which has full-disk encryption, naturally1), and an off-site backup?

1 (OT) Ubuntu provides it by default, does your OS? sorry I'm not usually the one to gloat over using Linux but it just occurred to me how odd it is that they don't provide the option, disk encryption is fully transparent, no (significant) performance cost, it's just that without your login/password someone accessing your machine can only get crypted garbage. And of course if you don't enable it right from the start, I suppose it's a lot of effort to start using it. But I wonder, why would anyone not want this feature enabled by default? Wouldn't you? If your newly installed computer, on first boot asked (like Ubuntu did on installation) "Would you like your hard disk encrypted Y/N?" what would you say?

Cain

Thought you'd be posting about this.

Yeah, not impressed.  I'll probably still use my Gmail account as my professional account, for applying for jobs and things, but from here on out, I'm going to be looking for something with an actual privacy policy.

Faust

I've Used google for professional stuff and now they are merging that account with my youtube account with it's offensive troll posts and the rage comments from people (my trophy wall).

I've wiped my plus account, I had no choice but to wipe my youtube. The whole mess is bullshit. I'm going to try reduce my reliance on google over the next few weeks, I'm using duckduckgo for my new default search engine, I've blocked google analytics and so on.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Huh, for some reason I had figured google combined all those data already.

Quote from: Faust on January 26, 2012, 12:04:01 PM
I've Used google for professional stuff and now they are merging that account with my youtube account with it's offensive troll posts and the rage comments from people (my trophy wall).

I've wiped my plus account, I had no choice but to wipe my youtube. The whole mess is bullshit. I'm going to try reduce my reliance on google over the next few weeks, I'm using duckduckgo for my new default search engine, I've blocked google analytics and so on.

cheers that -- I refuse to link my gmail and youtube accounts. I keep telling myself I'm going to make a fresh gmail account so I can watch restricted youtube content again, but I never get around to it.

I've been using duck duck go for a few weeks now. Increasingly so since I keep seeing everybody's g+ content as the top hits of my search results, which is WRONG. I just wish duckduckgo had a better image search!

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have no idea what's going to happen with the seven gmail accounts I maintain. Hopefully it keeps 'em all separate like they ought to be.