News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Republicans - party of rape, and kicking veterans

Started by Cain, January 28, 2011, 11:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on February 02, 2011, 05:10:38 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 04:48:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 02, 2011, 04:42:20 PM
We've discovered another GOP virtue today: ethnic cleansing

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/huckabee-says-no-palestinian-823467.html
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=206134

Somehow I am not surprised.

Some group of people should come forward claiming to be Canaanites and take over Israel. If anyone gives them any shit they can just say that they "indigenous rights to the land in which they occupy and live and it goes back not 60 years or 80 years but it goes back 3,500 years."

Read your bible, the Isrealites were commanded by God to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 05:24:02 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on February 02, 2011, 05:10:38 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 04:48:27 PM

Somehow I am not surprised.

Some group of people should come forward claiming to be Canaanites and take over Israel. If anyone gives them any shit they can just say that they "indigenous rights to the land in which they occupy and live and it goes back not 60 years or 80 years but it goes back 3,500 years."

Read your bible, the Isrealites were commanded by God to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan.

Ancient Israelis didnt do many nice things.

QuoteAmos 1:13 This is what the LORD says: "The people of Ammon have sinned again and again, and I will not let them go unpunished! When they attacked Gilead to extend their borders, they ripped open pregnant women with their swords.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 03:20:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 03:09:10 PM
When did this all turn into just another damned empty slogan?

April 2003.

:cry:

Do you remember during the "Gulf Conflict" when you would drive around and people had yellow ribbons tied to everything in sight?  :cry:

That didn't do much, either.  We were far more impressed by "any soldier" letters, and by nice care packages.  Nothing says "we love you" like a few packs of smokes and some cookies.  Not being facetious, here.

But it turned out that we weren't actually at a war.  We were at a trade show.

So despite the awfully nice things people did for us, it all slid back into the river of shit, again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 03:20:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 03:09:10 PM
When did this all turn into just another damned empty slogan?

April 2003.

:cry:

Do you remember during the "Gulf Conflict" when you would drive around and people had yellow ribbons tied to everything in sight?  :cry:

That didn't do much, either.  We were far more impressed by "any soldier" letters, and by nice care packages.  Nothing says "we love you" like a few packs of smokes and some cookies.  Not being facetious, here.

But it turned out that we weren't actually at a war.  We were at a trade show.

So despite the awfully nice things people did for us, it all slid back into the river of shit, again.

No I just meant that was the last time I remember the people actually giving a shit.  Or giving a good impression of giving a shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 05:39:14 PM
No I just meant that was the last time I remember the people actually giving a shit.  Or giving a good impression of giving a shit.

They gave a shit.  The American public had been quite skillfully sold a pack of lies that we wanted to believe...ie, that poor little Kuwait was:

1.  Our ally, and

2.  Being attacked for no reason, and

3.  The equivalent of France being invaded by Hitler.

The we won in the most lopsided victory I can think of off the top of my head, so people went BATSHIT, nationalist-wise. 

Then one day they woke up and everyone was still broke.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 02, 2011, 05:38:23 PM

Sure, let's not let the lack of evidence that they ever held the territory get in the way of fundie policy.

Wait.  Are you suggesting that there was no nation of Israel in antiquity?  Jospehus and Titus would beg to disagree.

Nephew Twiddleton

Sure, let's not let the lack of evidence that they ever held the territory get in the way of fundie policy.

Maybe we should suggest to him that the United States should be carved out of European land.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 06:02:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 05:58:28 PM
Wait.  Who built Masada?   :?

:lulz:

You and your facts!

I find it a little odd when Discordians pick one faction of humans over another to a degree that causes them to ignore reality in favor of a political stance.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 05:43:50 PM

Wait.  Are you suggesting that there was no nation of Israel in antiquity?  Jospehus and Titus would beg to disagree.

No I'm suggesting that the evidence for a 'nation of Israel' only dates back to the time period post-Babylonian rule. That would be post-Solomon and thus after the 10 tribe/2 tribe split  (assuming any of that part of their history is true).  That would place well over half of the land in the hands of the "northern tribes" which were lost in the 700's BC. "Israel" is the Jews ie the people living there now are descended from the Southern nation which held only the areas Judah and Benjamin. Much of the West Bank is the territory held by Manasseh.

So if the Bible is accurate, Israel/Judah gave up on those lands 2700+ years ago.
Even if the Bible is inaccurate, the nation of Israel in the first century didn't include much of the west bank, as it was considered Samaria and the Samaritans were not considered Jews.

So basically a large chunk of the West Bank has been full of people that the Jews considered 'gentiles' or at the very least no longer part of their nation for 2700 years.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 02, 2011, 06:03:59 PM

No I'm suggesting that the evidence for a 'nation of Israel' only dates back to the time period post-Babylonian rule. That would be post-Solomon and thus after the 10 tribe/2 tribe split  (assuming any of that part of their history is true).  That would place well over half of the land in the hands of the "northern tribes" which were lost in the 700's BC. "Israel" is the Jews ie the people living there now are descended from the Southern nation which held only the areas Judah and Benjamin. Much of the West Bank is the territory held by Manasseh.

By that definition, of course, African Americans aren't actually Black.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 06:05:48 PM

Uh... huh?

All I'm saying is that much of the West Bank territory hasn't been held by Israel in any recorded history we have to date. Even in biblical history (which is pretty sketchy as evidence) they ceded most of that area to the breakaway tribes (which then disappeared) and the place was later inhabited by Samaritans, which the Jews did not consider to be Jews. (Though they claim to be the Jews that were not exiled to Babylon).

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 06:05:48 PM

No I'm suggesting that the evidence for a 'nation of Israel' only dates back to the time period post-Babylonian rule. That would be post-Solomon and thus after the 10 tribe/2 tribe split  (assuming any of that part of their history is true).  That would place well over half of the land in the hands of the "northern tribes" which were lost in the 700's BC. "Israel" is the Jews ie the people living there now are descended from the Southern nation which held only the areas Judah and Benjamin. Much of the West Bank is the territory held by Manasseh.

Jewish as an ethnicity is a post diaspora idea.  Religion and nationality would have dictated who was part of the group back then.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.