ATTN MORTALS: Post ITT for a quest to make you more Holy™.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 11, 2011, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 12, 2011, 01:32:45 AM
Reverend, I am asking of you a quest MOST HOLY. I beseech thee.

You will make a pilgrimage to either Toronto, Providence, or Tucson at the earliest feasible date.  You will then either hang out with Hoops & Rhizome, the Providence jackasses, or the Tucson spags, you will do horrible things, and forget about school/work for a minimum of one (1) week.  When you are done, you will document the shenanigans via post and pics.

If your pilgrimage is to Toronto, you will visit the sad, decayed remnants of the Expo.

If your pilgrimage is to Providence, you will taste of the mighty Quahog at the crab shack.

If your pilgrimage is to Tucson, you will visit The Wall and leave a suitable sacrifice.  Bourbon, soup, and lard is the usual combination.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 12:54:28 AM
Quote from: leln on March 12, 2011, 12:27:16 AM
Oh dear, I'm scared to ask but I know I'll regret it if I don't.

What's my quest?

You must thwart Luna's quest, by protecting Richter's facial hair.

Aw, fecking hell.  If I believed in past lives, i'd ask when I shat in your wheaties...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 12, 2011, 01:58:55 AM

What's my quest?

Aw, fecking hell.  If I believed in past lives, i'd ask when I shat in your wheaties...

Don't blame me.  I'm just a conduit for the HolinessTM.

I'd watch your ass.  Leln is famous among archivists, for the string of single combats she endured to win her position.  In her particular order, those combats are unarmed and TO THE DEATH.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 11, 2011, 11:06:13 PM
Phox here. Carbondale, IL. Within reasonable driving distance of Kentucky, Missouri, and Indiana. GIVE ME A MISSION!
No quest for Phox?  :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 12, 2011, 02:07:46 AM
Phox here. Carbondale, IL. Within reasonable driving distance of Kentucky, Missouri, and Indiana. GIVE ME A MISSION!

Whoops.

You want an EASY one, or a DIFFICULT one?

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 02:08:50 AM

Whoops.

Oooh that's a hard choice. Can I haz both?

leln

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 02:00:56 AM

What's my quest?

I'd watch your ass.  Leln is famous among archivists, for the string of single combats she endured to win her position.  In her particular order, those combats are unarmed and TO THE DEATH.

Now now, the way I see it we can compromise. Roger never specified what facial hair has to go away/be defended to fulfill either requirement. I figure I'll help Luna get Richter drunk, then she can take his eyebrows. At this point I'll convince her to leave the beard alone. Then when he wakes up we collaborate to convince him that looking like Edith Piaf for a couple weeks won't be the end of the world. Enough chaos and destruction will be sown to ensure both of us achieving salvation, many laughs will be had, and I'll buy both Luna and Richter a drink. Or bake them something, depending on their inclination.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: leln on March 12, 2011, 02:20:45 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 02:00:56 AM

What's my quest?

Now now, the way I see it we can compromise. Roger never specified what facial hair has to go away/be defended to fulfill either requirement. I figure I'll help Luna get Richter drunk, then she can take his eyebrows. At this point I'll convince her to leave the beard alone. Then when he wakes up we collaborate to convince him that looking like Edith Piaf for a couple weeks won't be the end of the world. Enough chaos and destruction will be sown to ensure both of us achieving salvation, many laughs will be had, and I'll buy both Luna and Richter a drink. Or bake them something, depending on their inclination.

I think I said "facial hair". 

That is defined as "beard and/or mustache".  In this case, both.  Do not attempt to lawyer the Gods.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 12, 2011, 02:09:42 AM

Whoops.

No.  One or the other.

DECIDE, MORTAL.  THE GODS ARE IMPATIENT AND FICKLE!

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 02:34:29 AM

Whoops.

No.  One or the other.

Okay.... give me an EASY one, then.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 12, 2011, 02:40:50 AM

Whoops.

No.  One or the other.

You will seek out Khara in St Louis, and go have a beer with her.

Pics to be posted, evening to be documented.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 02:43:06 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 12, 2011, 02:40:50 AM

Whoops.

No.  One or the other.

You will seek out Khara in St Louis, and go have a beer with her.

Pics to be posted, evening to be documented.

I think I can manage that.  :D

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2011, 01:44:10 AM
Quote from: aedh on March 12, 2011, 01:13:05 AM
I BESEECHETH THEE TO GRANTETH ME A QUEST FORWITH I MAYETH ENTERETH THE GREASTETH PLACE IN THE HEAVENS.

I am somewhere in Seattle, near Pikes Market for remainder of this day. If not.....Fort Lewis.

You will seek out Josh Mills at Fort Lewis, and drink many bourbon with him.  He is infantry, that's your only other clue.

Tell him Roger sent you.

It shall be one Oh Most HolyTM

Sexecutioner Chao Tight

Oh most holy, most good, most reverend of Reverends... I too would like a quest so as not to be stuck in the afterlife with those which I am currently stuck with. 
High Priestess of the First Church of the Burnt Lizard.  Protector of Chickens.