News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Help me help blacks who hate whites

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, June 28, 2011, 11:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 29, 2011, 02:14:06 AM
Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on June 29, 2011, 01:58:06 AM

I e-mailed a college buddy of mine who lives in Oakland.

He says that when he's only with his fellow folk, they call us "blanks." (example -> "Look at this blank drivin' through here like he's lost, or something...")

He won't tell me the origins of the word and, apparently, they don't call us that when we're around.

What the fuck good is that?

Is he Haitian? The word for white in French is blanc. I imagine that is where it comes from.

I'm not aware of that being used as a slang term in any of the islands, but that doesn't mean it might not come from further down-island like Guadeloupe or Martinique.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 29, 2011, 02:16:43 AM
(For those noobs that didn't get the punchline...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JW133F0AK4 )

I like how it is supposed to be a 60 second spot, but it's like, 4 minutes long.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on June 29, 2011, 02:18:49 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 29, 2011, 02:16:43 AM
(For those noobs that didn't get the punchline...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JW133F0AK4 )

I like how it is supposed to be a 60 second spot, but it's like, 4 minutes long.

The real payoff is at about 3:10, but you have to see the whole thing to appreciate it.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on June 29, 2011, 02:17:58 AM

He says that when he's only with his fellow folk, they call us "blanks." (example -> "Look at this blank drivin' through here like he's lost, or something...")

He won't tell me the origins of the word and, apparently, they don't call us that when we're around.

Is he Haitian? The word for white in French is blanc. I imagine that is where it comes from.

I'm not aware of that being used as a slang term in any of the islands, but that doesn't mean it might not come from further down-island like Guadeloupe or Martinique.

I thought I recalled a Haitian friend of mine telling me that Haitians referred to not just white people, but also Americans in general as blancs, but I could be mistaken. I haven't seen him at work in about a year.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh hey hey hey I've heard that, only it was pronounced "blankay"

No idea where it's from.

There's also Hawaiian haole.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 29, 2011, 02:22:06 AM
BEAN CUP

That reminds me of the Royal Wedding episode of South Park where they come up with these horrific racial slurs for Inuit/Eskimos.

Snowmonkies
Icebeaners
Polar Gooks

I couldn't help it. I was fucking floored.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 29, 2011, 03:01:43 AM

I thought I recalled a Haitian friend of mine telling me that Haitians referred to not just white people, but also Americans in general as blancs, but I could be mistaken. I haven't seen him at work in about a year.

That could be. I don't think any of the Haitians I've met have been to the states. I definitely get the sense that the ones that immigrate illegally into the VI are poor and desperate even by Haitian standards. They have to cross the DR to get there and they HATE Haitians in the DR. Like, they'll shoot them in the street if they see them and the cops won't care. Then they have to cross the Mona Strait from the DR to Puerto Rico which is a notoriously rough and fatally unpredictable piece of water and since they can't blend in in Puerto Rico they have to cross 40 more miles of water on the other side of that to get to STT. So it's a ridiculously dangerous journey that nobody would undertake unless they couldn't get to Florida for one reason or another.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on June 29, 2011, 05:51:43 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 29, 2011, 03:01:43 AM

That could be. I don't think any of the Haitians I've met have been to the states. I definitely get the sense that the ones that immigrate illegally into the VI are poor and desperate even by Haitian standards. They have to cross the DR to get there and they HATE Haitians in the DR. Like, they'll shoot them in the street if they see them and the cops won't care. Then they have to cross the Mona Strait from the DR to Puerto Rico which is a notoriously rough and fatally unpredictable piece of water and since they can't blend in in Puerto Rico they have to cross 40 more miles of water on the other side of that to get to STT. So it's a ridiculously dangerous journey that nobody would undertake unless they couldn't get to Florida for one reason or another.

Holy fuck...
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BabylonHoruv

blank like a blank piece of paper, makes sense. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Triple Zero

You're all wrong, it's a Dutch word. "Blank" is the adjective used to describe white skin or a white-skinned person.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

GIGGLES

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on June 29, 2011, 12:00:22 AM
I don't see why it's racism.

And even if it is, FUCK white people.

SHUT YOUR CRACKA ASS UP HONKY!