News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

DEVASTATION DESTINY

Started by KILLJOY, October 12, 2011, 03:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 04:46:09 PM
I AM SIX YEARS OLD AND THIS IS NOT A FORM OF ILLITERACY OR A CRY FOR ATTENTION ITS A TYPING PREFERENCE.

Just keep in mind that I called poptard a page or two back.

Yeah, I think you may be on it, although the existence of this person as an entity using this email address elsewhere on the web seems to indicate it's a real person, despite the use of known tropes.

Ah.

So we have a genuine idiot on our hands.

That's kind of depressing and funny at the same time.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: KILLJOY on October 12, 2011, 04:48:38 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 12, 2011, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: KILLJOY on October 12, 2011, 04:37:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:33:20 PM
Quote from: KILLJOY on October 12, 2011, 04:29:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 12, 2011, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: KILLJOY on October 12, 2011, 04:24:41 PM
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CARE?

WE CARE BECAUSE WE WANT TO GIVE YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR.  WE CARE BECAUSE WE TAKE PRIDE IN A JOB WELL DONE.  WE CARE SO WE CAN KNOW HOW TO BE DIFFERENT THAN YOU, SO AS NOT TO CONFORM.  WE CARE BECAUSE WE ARE PROFESSIONALS.
WHAT IS IT YOU THINK IM ASKING FOR?
THEN DONT READ IT! I DON'T CARE! STOP TALKING TO ME IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MY FUCKING PREFERENCE IN HOW I TYPE!

Who cares?  As long as you keep shouting, you're just a chew toy.  Nothing you say will even be read, let alone contemplated.

You can't communicate your ideas, so nothing you have to say matters.

It's really that simple.

Dude, if you came to learn and communicate with others, learn to communicate properly.

TURN THE CAPS OFF. IT'S RETARDED.
fine but only because i want to learn

Now he's not capitalizing anything.

Killjoy, do you happen to own a fixed-gear bike, by any chance?
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

I AM SIX YEARS OLD AND THIS IS NOT A FORM OF ILLITERACY OR A CRY FOR ATTENTION ITS A TYPING PREFERENCE.

Yeah, I think you may be on it, although the existence of this person as an entity using this email address elsewhere on the web seems to indicate it's a real person, despite the use of known tropes.

It's been a while. Could have been using that time building up a fake persona. Not saying that's the case, but it's possible.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CARE?

WE CARE BECAUSE WE WANT TO GIVE YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR.  WE CARE BECAUSE WE TAKE PRIDE IN A JOB WELL DONE.  WE CARE SO WE CAN KNOW HOW TO BE DIFFERENT THAN YOU, SO AS NOT TO CONFORM.  WE CARE BECAUSE WE ARE PROFESSIONALS.
THEN DONT READ IT! I DON'T CARE! STOP TALKING TO ME IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MY FUCKING PREFERENCE IN HOW I TYPE!

Who cares?  As long as you keep shouting, you're just a chew toy.  Nothing you say will even be read, let alone contemplated.

It's really that simple.

Dude, if you came to learn and communicate with others, learn to communicate properly.

Well, learning to be functionally literate is a good first step. Next maybe we can talk about punctuation and grammar.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 12, 2011, 04:50:04 PM

It's been a while. Could have been using that time building up a fake persona. Not saying that's the case, but it's possible.

He's obsessive enough, and "KILLJOY" has hit damn near every trope.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Dok, if it's a teenager, of COURSE it's an idiot.  That's like, the definition of teenager (except for yours).

But i think you're right about poptard.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 04:50:34 PM
Well, learning to be functionally literate is a good first step. Next maybe we can talk about punctuation and grammar.

Then how's he going to demonstrate his rebel/punk credentials, such as they are?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:49:54 PM
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CARE?

It's really that simple.

Now he's not capitalizing anything.

Now we just have to teach him where the shift key is and to use it sparingly.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:51:42 PM

Then how's he going to demonstrate his rebel/punk credentials, such as they are?   :lulz:

nExT hE'lL bE dOiNg ThIs

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 12, 2011, 04:51:13 PM
Dok, if it's a teenager, of COURSE it's an idiot.  That's like, the definition of teenager (except for yours).

Doesn't matter, anyway.  Anarcho-punks are damn near as fun as teabaggers are, maybe more.

And God knows we can't get a tea party member to post at all.

Because people like you and Payne fuck it all up for everyone.
Molon Lube

kingyak

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:49:54 PM

:spittake:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 12, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:51:42 PM

nExT hE'lL bE dOiNg ThIs

That's PUNK AS FUCK.  It totally exposes the alienation inherent in the system.
Molon Lube

LMNO

WE SHOULD TAKE HIS REQUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE AT FACE VALUE.

Minkowski's vision of the grand tapestry of world lines in a four dimensional space-time, and Riemann's idea that the geometry of our space might be curved without our knowing it, were both essential. What we are looking for, after all, is a way to describe the arching world lines of the dancing atoms that is independent of an observer's reference frame. We have seen that acceleration is in this respect a bad criterion for detecting "real" forces. What else can we use to distinguish world lines that are "intrinsically," and not merely "apparently," curved?

Imagine drawing with a crayon on the surface of a globe. We can scribble any path we like, but we can never draw a perfectly straight line because the underlying globe itself is curved. The straightest thing we can make is part of a great circle, like a meridian or the equator. This is a path with the least possible curvature, namely that of the globe itself. Einstein's grand insight was that perhaps the intrinsic curvature of world lines is just that of the underlying geometry of the space-time in which the world lines are inscribed. And that the apparent curvature we introduce by our (observer's) jumping about is like the arbitrary scribbling departures from the straightest path we can possibly draw between two points on a globe.

According to this picture, what governs the underlying Rule of the Dance is not the apparent world-line curvature related to acceleration, which depends on the state of the observer, but the intrinsic curvature of the underlying space-time 'globe' on which the world-lines wander. That intrinsic curvature must arise from the presence of charges such as gravitational mass or electricity that in Newton's picture produce forces. Any other curvature we happen to observe is just a result of our own (observer's) particular movements, like the 'artificial' centrifugal force.

Thus the two-part scheme of physics that relates acceleration to forces and the forces to the charges and disposition of matter is not a good one. Rather we want a scheme that bypasses force and acceleration and di-rectly relates the distribution of charges to the underlying geometry of space-time. Newton's Second Law would become a statement about world-line geometry, not about forces and accelerations. That rule, if we could find it, would be the ultimate Rule of the Dance.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:53:51 PM

Doesn't matter, anyway.  Anarcho-punks are damn near as fun as teabaggers are, maybe more.

Hey, they're asking for it, being all sexy and petulantly obtuse and shit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 12, 2011, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 04:53:51 PM

Hey, they're asking for it, being all sexy and petulantly obtuse and shit.

Who are we?
Molon Lube